Guitar thread (2 Viewers)

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #42
    Dave got booted because he was a smackhead...

You need to understand the different between technical ability and musicality. Jimi shredded the shit out of a 69 strat, and sounded music the whole way through through his playing. Dave plays guitars designed to be shreded in a really un musical way. When i listen to stuff like Dragonforce, megadeath, trivium etc. I go 'yeah you can play fast...but i have no interest in listening to you do it'..when i listen to jimi, SRV, neil young (down by the river/cowgirl in the sound (songs that pink flloyd nicked)) etc. i go 'you are insane at guitar and i could listen to you play for hours'. It is impressive to see people play like that, but its not good to listen to.
    I know Dave got booted because he was a smackhead...

And I definitely know the difference between technical ability and musicality. In fact, if you've ever listened to much of Friedman's work, you'd know he's always going for the musicality instead of being able to play as fast as possible. All that really fast playing bores the shit out of me and that's why I don't listen to any new Metal bands. The only metal bands I listen to are Tool, Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, Sabbath, Maiden, Priest and Osbourne solo. I'm also a big admirer of SRV :touched: and love his stuff. I'd take blues like Robert Johnson or John Lee Hooker over a band like Dragongayforce or Trivishitium 20 times out of 10.

But you can't deny that Megadeth solo is harder than Bold As Love :D

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    Here it is

http://soundcloud.com/sam-y/little-wing-jam

I don't like it but i felt a dick if i didnt post something up

edit:

What you are hearing is the first take i did 4 hours ago. The D at the end of each verse i left hanging on purpose for the third guitar track which it wouldnt let me mix. Also that lead is the first improv take where i was running through ideas, its more polished now but you cant hear it lol.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    Got bored so i arranged sweet child of mine for acoustic - its really easy

D/Dsus4/D/Dsus2/D - C9 C9 C9 C9 - Gsus4 G Sus4 G

Then verse it two round of D D C9 - Gsus4

The chorus is G9 G DDDD C9 C DDDD then back into the intro.

For the intro melody those chords should sound like it, but if sustain the bass notes and dick around on the B and E you will get it sounds more accurate and at the end of the g you can do bass runs to get back to the D for some flavour.

Enjoy :tup:

(if you dont know the sus/9 chords, just piss around with the chord on the B and E and you will get the idea)

Golazo

★ ★ ★
    Sep 1, 2011
    Bought myself one not long ago, but haven't had the time to practise much lately.

I'm a total beginner. With lessons and dedication, how long do you guys suspect it will take to start beating out some tunes?

I wanna make the next Got Talent show. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)