Guitar thread (6 Viewers)

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
i have no time to play, and i had 4 electric guitars and an acoustic, just wanted to thin the herd a bit and only keep my baby (jackson slsmg in a crazy eerie dess swirl). so i sold a charvel and an rg560, should have kept the 7620 tho.

where do you live? in the states there's always some nice japanese 7's for sale, just take a look at reverb or sevenstring.org classifieds. buyee is an other good resource if you're patient enough to wait for a good opportunity and mess with customs and shit.
I haven't touched mine since god knows when then the pandemic happened and I was like hey man I should try them chromatic scales, exercises and then the other scales to see what will happen, and I got addicted again very fast. Now I make sure I have time at least for an hour or two every day no matter what so I can at least do the chromatic exercises, minor, major and minor and major pentatonic. I don't play any songs, just scales and exercises. I really relaxes me I do not know why. I live in soviet. I mean in the middle east. Yeah, the middle east.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I haven't touched mine since god knows when then the pandemic happened and I was like hey man I should try them chromatic scales, exercises and then the other scales to see what will happen, and I got addicted again very fast. Now I make sure I have time at least for an hour or two every day no matter what so I can at least do the chromatic exercises, minor, major and minor and major pentatonic. I don't play any songs, just scales and exercises. I really relaxes me I do not know why. I live in soviet. I mean in the middle east. Yeah, the middle east.
repetitive motions are relaxing. for some, it's running, for others it's fidget spinner or crochet.

you prolly know this site:
https://sweetguitars.ru/product_category/электрогитары/ibanez/
couple of years ago when rubel was cheap af i almost bought a charvel 750xl from him, guy looked nice to deal with, but when we were discussing shipping fees, some russian bloke bought the guitar. anyway, he usually has a nice inventory, with two 7-strings currently.

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
repetitive motions are relaxing. for some, it's running, for others it's fidget spinner or crochet.

you prolly know this site:
https://sweetguitars.ru/product_category/электрогитары/ibanez/
couple of years ago when rubel was cheap af i almost bought a charvel 750xl from him, guy looked nice to deal with, but when we were discussing shipping fees, some russian bloke bought the guitar. anyway, he usually has a nice inventory, with two 7-strings currently.
Yes, they are relaxing but practice is very important. Muscle memory you know.

I also would love some of these but they are rare;
https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/Portal:Maxxas_series

I think I saw some 7strings (didn't remember the exact model) going for 300-400 at max 600euros.
Would take the 300/400, cause I will beat them to death and the "meeh, it's fine I guess" quality of sound. The thing is I can't make up my mind between new 7string or a field recorder.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yes, they are relaxing but practice is very important. Muscle memory you know.

I also would love some of these but they are rare;
https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/Portal:Maxxas_series

I think I saw some 7strings (didn't remember the exact model) going for 300-400 at max 600euros.
Would take the 300/400, cause I will beat them to death and the "meeh, it's fine I guess" quality of sound. The thing is I can't make up my mind between new 7string or a field recorder.
the thing with maxxas ibbies is that i remember trying one like 20 years ago in a local store, and while the body had an odd shape, the neck felt like any other ibanez from that era. not that special tbh. i prefer the rt models, that neck ('viper') is a bit different: more c-shaped, like a nice fender, but thinner.

those 3-400€ prices are nowhere to be seen if you want something from japan. if a 7321 or an indo 7421 does the trick for you: https://reverb.com/item/37044508-ibanez-rg7421
cool finish and located in ukraine too :baus:

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
the thing with maxxas ibbies is that i remember trying one like 20 years ago in a local store, and while the body had an odd shape, the neck felt like any other ibanez from that era. not that special tbh. i prefer the rt models, that neck ('viper') is a bit different: more c-shaped, like a nice fender, but thinner.

those 3-400€ prices are nowhere to be seen if you want something from japan. if a 7321 or an indo 7421 does the trick for you: https://reverb.com/item/37044508-ibanez-rg7421
cool finish and located in ukraine too :baus:
I like the maxxas just because of that aesthetics, nothing more. RT models are fire. I saw some models, didn't check well but that 3-400 euros what got my eye. I know that they are probably shit but I don't care, I like the shitty sound. I am more punk, DIY, black metal attitude. If I wanted a great sounding guitar would have saved above at least 2k euros :D

Yeah, something like the link you have sent me, 400 euros, RG7. I think they are OK for the price. I won't go on tour or play live, I don't care man, I'm underground, I'm deep shit mayn', fuck the lablels and I sniff camel poo.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I like the maxxas just because of that aesthetics, nothing more. RT models are fire. I saw some models, didn't check well but that 3-400 euros what got my eye. I know that they are probably shit but I don't care, I like the shitty sound. I am more punk, DIY, black metal attitude. If I wanted a great sounding guitar would have saved above at least 2k euros :D
rt's are great actually, i had 3, flipped all of them, then suddenly they became much more expensive and sought after. they are heavy as fuck though, the thick alder body weights a lot more than your usual rg.

maxxas' look awesome indeed :tup:

sound and price aren't that heavily related though. for punk or black metal you only need a bridge pickup anyway :p and a good pickup wouldn't cost more than 200€ new, 100 used. almost any dry, old japanese guitar will sound great with proper electronics, good frets and fresh strings.

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
rt's are great actually, i had 3, flipped all of them, then suddenly they became much more expensive and sought after. they are heavy as fuck though, the thick alder body weights a lot more than your usual rg.

maxxas' look awesome indeed :tup:

sound and price aren't that heavily related though. for punk or black metal you only need a bridge pickup anyway :p and a good pickup wouldn't cost more than 200€ new, 100 used. almost any dry, old japanese guitar will sound great with proper electronics, good frets and fresh strings.
I am this kind of punk

Btw, I think he has (Rob) a great line (collab) of guitars. Or at least they look good lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)