Guitar Refretting (1 Viewer)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
It's a legandary Fender Jazz Bass, USA edition. The only one that can compete with it (in my ears at least) is Fender Precision Bass and G&L Assat Bass. Needless to say, all three are designed and made by Leo Fender, the Man Himself:)

Mine is cream-white.

And yes, that T-shirt rules:D

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

I'm confused, you wanna play bass or guitar? And I'm sure you'll be able to stick with it, as you obviously love guitar music.
both really. but i'm leaning towards the bass. and bass players are much more cooler than regular guitarists :D

Start as fast as you can, but you should probably wait a bit before buying the guitar you posted, it's pretty pricey.
as i said, i'll probably buy something this summer. and i'd be looking for something that is cheaper than 100 euros :D
And btw, I meant to tell you that I laughed my ass off when I saw your: "It ain't gonna suck itself" T-Shirt, classic. :D
yeah, good one there.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++
It's a legandary Fender Jazz Bass, USA edition. The only one that can compete with it (in my ears at least) is Fender Precision Bass and G&L Assat Bass. Needless to say, all three are designed and made by Leo Fender, the Man Himself:)

Mine is cream-white.

And yes, that T-shirt rules:D
how much does it cost? funny, about an hour ago i was looking at the same guiter in fender site :D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
ummm, i just like the bass better :D
Ok, that's cool. You have to learn the instrument you think is coolest, as it requires a bit of work in the beginning to learn and stick with the instrument. If you don't have enough will to do it you'll just quit.

And we need more bass players in the world, too many guitarists per bass player in the world today. :D

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    you wont find a new (electric) guitar under 100 euros. then again you live in europe. here they sell ones for as low as 129.99 and an acoustic for 100 but then the quality is so bad its like disposable

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    buy over ebay. :D

btw Torks, im the PRS im talking about is about is the Santana II, and its 750 Malaysia dough...about USD200...nice

Mikey-DelPiero

Apr 4, 2004
    in england u can get hundereds of second hand guitars in quite good condition for less than 100, but not worth it. i got a white and cream telecaster,quite nice :D and its my second guitar.before i had some custom thing.red sunburst but it looked like a gibson but smaller. :greedy:
    picture: my guitar is identical to that except the strange writing on it.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Mikey-DelPiero ] ++
    in england u can get hundereds of second hand guitars in quite good condition for less than 100, but not worth it.
    why not? i'm need to learn playing, not to play yet. when i'll be good enough to waste money on a better guitar i'll do it. but now i just need piece of wood with a stick and strings attached to it :D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Dj Juve ] ++
    buy over ebay. :D

btw Torks, im the PRS im talking about is about is the Santana II, and its 750 Malaysia dough...about USD200...nice
    That's the Santana SE II, I like the The Santana SE I better, but still cool. If I was to get one of the cheaper PRS's I would go for the Soapbar SE.

One day I'll get one of the expensive ones, with the bird inlays. :cool:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    the motherbucking bird inlays! :drool:

have you seen the DRAGON inlays? motherbuckers to PRS fellas...they really know how tomake a guitar

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Dj Juve ] ++
    the motherbucking bird inlays! :drool:

have you seen the DRAGON inlays? motherbuckers to PRS fellas...they really know how tomake a guitar
    Can't really remember the Dragon inlays right now, pic? :)

PRS guitars certainly look beatifull, but I've heard some people attacking them for using woods and materials that just look good, but is not that good for the sound. Don't know if it's true though.

Played a PRS Soapbar in the shop the other day, nice guitar. Played it after testing out a Les Paul Classic and an Ibanez so the neck felt a bit thick, but I liked it very much. Seems like a great guitar for the price.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

PRS guitars certainly look beatifull, but I've heard some people attacking them for using woods and materials that just look good, but is not that good for the sound. Don't know if it's true though.
    Not True ;)

My gitarist is using PRS (one of the higher range ones) and it's simple amasing in every respect.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Not True ;)

My gitarist is using PRS (one of the higher range ones) and it's simple amasing in every respect.
    Ok, thanks for clearing it up. I've never played one of the expensive ones myself, just read it on the Harmony Central forum. :)

What model does he have?

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    he has too many guitars :D

PRS he paid something like 3000 euros.

Has a fender strat also paid a lot of money.

And he has Mustang (really old giutar) that he's not playing.

And Ibanez (i believe same as used by satriani) but he's not using it either.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    he has too many guitars :D
    That's not possible. ;)

I've been checking some reviews for some of the Ibanez Satriani signatures, and they look great. Why does you guitarist use it more?

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    well, it's an age thing i think :D

When you are young and all that, you want to play tehnical stuff. Speed, Picking, scales. Ibanez is a guitar made for that. Strings are usually 9s or even 8ths, and you need loads of pedals and effects.....

Once you are are older, you start seeing things slightly differently. Your young age eagerness to learn all those scales and all those finger practice that made you fast. Then you start asking for the overall sound you create and start kind of looking for your style. Being fast and tehnical is a must have start, but style requires much more than that. There are many that will play fast scales without any cretivity whatsoever. (and many, many guitarists in many Heavy Metal band are like that ;)).

Guitars like Gibson, PRS, Fender are sould searching instruments. They all have particular colour of the tone, they all have a mind of their own, they all grow with you, they play with you. Strings usually grow to tens or 11s, and you want straight guitar-amp combination, without effects in the middle.

I think it's all about appreciating sound more than apreciating tehnique. And leaving Ibanez for PRS is exactly that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)