Guitar Refretting (1 Viewer)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
Just one.

Go to the Pro :)

changing action of the guitar is a precission work. This is not something that you do yourself. You could ask a guy to let you watch how he does it and then get some cheap guitar & try to practice on it.
It will take you some time to get it right.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
I assume that when you said re-fretting the guitar you meant replacing the frets, sometimes they get worn out. Changing the action is changing the string height, as changing the distance from the strings to the fretboard.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
my whole guitar buzzes all the time...i didnt know that was something wrong with it :eek:

omfg what am i gonna do :down:

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Mikey-DelPiero ] ++
buy a gibson explorer :D lol,i want one :fero:
Yeah, me too. It's on the "to buy" list, but it's not as close to the top as it used to be.

What color do you like best on Explorers? I think anything but a white Gibson is a shame.

And a Firebird Deej? Is that the dream guitar? :)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

And a Firebird Deej? Is that the dream guitar? :)
hehe very much so. Still saving up to buy my first electric.
I'm thinking PRS, but im not that good yet ;)

I'm gonna get a imitation make of the guitar used by John Frusc. in Californication video :drool:

Mikey-DelPiero

Apr 4, 2004
like this! but i do really like white ones. dunno if u no but dave grohl(my hero and foo fighters and ex nirvana drummer) he has a few explorers. black with white scratchplate and a yellow one with white scratchplate.quite nice but pricey! :(

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dj Juve ] ++
hehe very much so. Still saving up to buy my first electric.
I'm thinking PRS, but im not that good yet ;)

I'm gonna get a imitation make of the guitar used by John Frusc. in Californication video :drool:
Are you thinking PRS SE series, or are you wealthy? ;)

And what guitar does Frusciante have in that video? Strat like he normally uses? And don't worry if your good enough. The question is are you going to play guitar for the rest of your life or close to it? If you are buy whatever gear you can afford and want, IMO. :)
++ [ originally posted by Mikey-DelPiero ] ++
like this! but i do really like white ones. dunno if u no but dave grohl(my hero and foo fighters and ex nirvana drummer) he has a few explorers. black with white scratchplate and a yellow one with white scratchplate.quite nice but pricey! :(
Heh, I know who Dave Grohl is. :)
And yeah, I know he uses Explorers, one of the few pro's you uses them as his main gee-tar.
My fav is the white Gibson(see attachment), I don't like sharp edges on V's or Explorer's, like Jackson or ESP often have. I have also heard not so good things about the ESP Ltd series.

One day I will get this, costs 14 000 NOK at the music store downtown, but still:

Sep 28, 2002
sorry but those are ugly. here's what i want. really, the most beautiful thing ever. not this particular guitar, but you know what i mean:

and i'm thinking of getting a bass. anyone plays it?

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
sorry but those are ugly. here's what i want. really, the most beautiful thing ever. not this particular guitar, but you know what i mean:
and i'm thinking of getting a bass. anyone plays it?
Aca plays bass. :)

And it's a nice guitar, I want to have loads of different types of guitars. Do you like the ES model you posted better than a regular Les Paul? I wouldn't have thought that you would have wanted a hollow/semi-hollow guitar with your musical taste.

And I didn't know you played guitar, how long have you been playing? :)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

Aca plays bass. :)

And it's a nice guitar, I want to have loads of different types of guitars. Do you like the ES model you posted better than a regular Les Paul? I wouldn't have thought that you would have wanted a hollow/semi-hollow guitar with your musical taste.

And I didn't know you played guitar, how long have you been playing? :)
thats the point you see, i dont play. i wanna start but i dont have that much time nor am i patient enough to start. and i just like the way guitar i posted looks, i dont know how they sound. but still, one day i'll start playing. prolly this summer if i find someone who's playing bass and is willing to teach me :)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
thats the point you see, i dont play. i wanna start but i dont have that much time nor am i patient enough to start. and i just like the way guitar i posted looks, i dont know how they sound. but still, one day i'll start playing. prolly this summer if i find someone who's playing bass and is willing to teach me :)
I'm confused, you wanna play bass or guitar? And I'm sure you'll be able to stick with it, as you obviously love guitar music.

Start as fast as you can, but you should probably wait a bit before buying the guitar you posted, it's pretty pricey.
++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++
Different colour, but this is what i just bought;)

:proud:
Looks great Aca, what color is yours? And what model is it, the Stingray? I'm not too good with bass brands and models... :frown:

And btw, I meant to tell you that I laughed my ass off when I saw your: "It ain't gonna suck itself" T-Shirt, classic. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)