Guidolin: I Was Juve Coach! (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Francesco Guidolin has made the remarkable revelation that he was on the verge of becoming Juventus Coach before Fabio Capello arrived at the eleventh hour.

The Monaco boss today explained that in the late spring of 2004, and contrary to common opinion, it was he who reached an agreement with the Turin club to become the successor to Marcello Lippi at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

Although it was known that the tactician from Vicenza was in the running for the Juve hotseat before Don Fabio became available, it was thought at the time that the job was going to go to one of either Didier Deschamps or Cesare Prandelli.

"Contrary to newspaper talk I was to be the next Coach of the Bianconeri," declared Guidolin. "I had every reason to be sure it was going to be me, but then suddenly one night Capello appeared out of the blue."

The capture of Capello was a tremendous coup by general director Luciano Moggi, who unexpectedly prised the highly-regarded Roma boss away from the Eternal City to the surprise of all.

The Monaco boss, who has quickly settled in France, where he is rebuilding the side since the departure of Deschamps, claims that he took the rejection well, though, given the calibre of the man who snatched the job from his grasp.

"As Fabio is the best of the lot I wasn’t too bitter about it," he said, before confessing: "Well, maybe just a little bit."

Shame crybaby:D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    I can understand why he's a bit bitter! Juve are the undisputed champions in Italy as well as the best loved & support team in Italy!

Dec 8, 2005
    Blah, the might be, but he definately doesnt look like undisputed winner of the best coach title belt. Thanks god and Lucifer that helped Moggi seducing Capello coming back home. Btw, who do u think will succeed Capello?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Byrone said:
    "Contrary to newspaper talk I was to be the next Coach of the Bianconeri," declared Guidolin. "I had every reason to be sure it was going to be me, but then suddenly one night Capello appeared out of the blue."

Ask Roma....about it.

and I hope this one night Blue wont happen towards us. you do know how traitors are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)