Grunge (1 Viewer)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
What are your thoughts on the Seattle bands of the early nineties??

Through, Green River, Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden, Mad Season, Pearl Jam, STP, Nirvana to the likes of Screaming Trees, Satchel, Brad, Wellwater Conspiracy and pretty much anything else featuring the likes of vedder, gossard, McCready, Weiland, Cornell etal...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by respaul ] ++
What are your thoughts on the Seattle bands of the early nineties??

Through, Green River, Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden, Mad Season, Pearl Jam, STP, Nirvana to the likes of Screaming Trees, Satchel, Brad, Wellwater Conspiracy and pretty much anything else featuring the likes of vedder, gossard, McCready, Weiland, Cornell etal...
i loved the seattle era at the time. now i need to be in the right kinda mood. Nirvana always rule of course.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
They were very popular in Poland in 90's

But I know Mother Love Bone, and I know good Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and, and I know very well Nirvana, I mean songs and the rest.

But now I think only Nirvana as a group and some songs Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.

Turdhead

Chickenegro no funny
Jan 14, 2005
HELLLOOOOOOOOO

MUDHONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Alice in Chains. Two best bands in the whole thing :D

Cant believe I found this thread hehe

Turdhead

Chickenegro no funny
Jan 14, 2005
Its worse that it was on Cobains anniversary. Because everyone remembers Crowbain and noone cares about layne.

Though Nirvana are cool too, but just the pre-nevermind stuff. Negative Creep, Lovebuzz, Breed, Dive, Blew, Sliver and the greatest Lounge Act all kick major ass.

Best grunge song though. 'Touch me in sick'!!! Im gonna have this one played at my funeral or maybe Alices' 'Down in a hole' heheheh that would shock that bastards.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Isn't "Lounge Act" off of "Nevermind"? But anyways, I'm into early Nirvana as well (I hate "In Utero" except "All Apologies"), Pearl Jam, Green River, and Mudhoney of course (Mark Arm is great). Superfuzz/Big Muff is a good album. Simple 4/4 timing is the greatest.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Soundgarden- everything except for Down on the Upside (god, that was awful

Pearl Jam- everything except their first album. Their albums got better and better until Binaural was released, which took them a step back, but then came back strong with Riot Act. Yield is an absolute classic.

And don't forget Temple of the Dog, which featured members from both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam

Dharurat

Oct 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++Pearl Jam- everything except their first album. Their albums got better and better until Binaural was released, which took them a step back, but then came back strong with Riot Act. Yield is an absolute classic.
Pearl Jam's first album, Ten was a classic for me... Not my fave PJ album (that would be Vs.) but PJ's debut is such a great listen, and could easily qualify as one the best releases during that period...

Tad was another seattle band i listened to back then... Heavier than even (early) Soundgarden...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)