Group E

• Netherlands

• Denmark

• Japan

• Cameroon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 12, 2002
Thankfully, I can count on you to see true quality Fred. :p

We shouldn't have too much trouble in this group, I'm not sure why people think Denmark or Cameroon will hurt us. Both lack quality to actually beat us, unless we really choke up.

Us and Denmark.
I don't get it either. What do we have to do to get some belief. I mean going undefeated in qualifying is not enough? Having a completely stacked line-up and an experienced coach is not enough? Yeah, Holland and Denmark favourites, but I could see japan coming second, they are very talented, just have to see how well they acclimatize.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I don't get it either. What do we have to do to get some belief. I mean going undefeated in qualifying is not enough? Having a completely stacked line-up and an experienced coach is not enough? Yeah, Holland and Denmark favourites, but I could see japan coming second, they are very talented, just have to see how well they acclimatize.
Our team is fine from midfield up, though I'd like to have a new CB. It's simply antagonizing to see people like Ooijer play in the same team as players like Sneijder, VdVaart, VPersie, Robben... I hope Van der Wiel and Braafheid keep improving like they are, and we're fine on the fullback positions, which is great.

We've been trying Heitinga in that position next to Mathijsen and he seems alright, but he's not that air tight-covering CB we need.

The only thing I worry about is Robben's and Van Persie's health, and maybe Sneijder's too. It's a shame our most creative players are made of glass. When those boys are all fit I'm not worried. We will probably concede because of some defensive errors, but our opponents sure as hell will concede more.

:tup:

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Boulah will make it i hope and he should drop ooijer and huntelaar and pick RvN!
Ruud isn't going, it's 100%, and I'm sad that he isn't, because he's still far more deadly than Huntelaar will ever be. He could be a great super-sub, imo.

What was up with Boulah, injury? I pray that he drops Ooijer, he's plain shit, always our weakest link at the back.

VdWiel - Heitinga - Mathijsen - vBronckhorst

That should be our starting defense. With Boulah and Vlaar, we should have decent enough backups in case of an injury.

Did you see how Van Persie basically asked to put him, Sneijder, VdVaart and Robben in the same team, simply because they're amazing together? I hope Bert does it. :D

Holland and Cameroon I hope.
Us and Idon'tgiveacrap to qualify. :juventus:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ruud isn't going, it's 100%, and I'm sad that he isn't, because he's still far more deadly than Huntelaar will ever be. He could be a great super-sub, imo.

What was up with Boulah, injury? I pray that he drops Ooijer, he's plain shit, always our weakest link at the back.

VdWiel - Heitinga - Mathijsen - vBronckhorst

That should be our starting defense. With Boulah and Vlaar, we should have decent enough backups in case of an injury.

Did you see how Van Persie basically asked to put him, Sneijder, VdVaart and Robben in the same team, simply because they're amazing together? I hope Bert does it. :D

Us and Idon'tgiveacrap to qualify. :juventus:

Robben-----VDV-----Sneider

-------------RVP

:lick:

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Did you steal some of my weed? stop touching it!

@Ken, Well did you read what Bert said? RvN should go that far on holiday, lol what a great way with our best striker(ever?), I hope he has the gutts to put in that deadly attack but i highly doubt it ,he will prefer Kuijt because he works hard ;) some here like that too! Ooijer should leave for real, the guy is slow like Mathijsen but at least Mathijsen tries to defence. Anyway i can't w8!

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Robben-----VDV-----Sneider

-------------RVP

:lick:
:agree:

I can only hope we play those guys, but like Trezegol17 said, he'll probably field Kuyt, as he 'works harder'. That's definitely what I'd field, with Van Bommel + De Jong behind them, or maybe even Afellay, as he's a better footballer. But we'll hold on to those 2, to have that power and destruction behind the creative boys.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Wouldn't be to sure, he loves cutting in and going for a shot. It's basically where he excelled for a whole year at Bayern. If we were to play Kuyt though, Robben would probably play on the left.

I like him being able to cut in and going for a shot, as an extra threat, really.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Aye.

I guess ot sort of depends on whether you want his role to primarily be as a creator or a goal scorer.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Pretty much, yeah. It's good that we have the option to stick him on either flank. Like I said, it will probably depend on who the other 'winger' will be.

Kuyt would play on the right, VdVaart or Elia would play on the left. Since Robben can do both, it'll depend on that, and what Van Marwijk wants from Robben. I'm sure he'll prefer to have him on the right though, as he's had an excellent season there.

I'd have him on the right, VdVaart on the left. Add a better footballer, as I'm not Kuyt's biggest fan, even though his work rate could be a real asset. What can I say.. I'm Dutch, we prefer the better footballers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)