Group C

• England

• USA

• Algeria

• Slovenia

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Shameful display by the Algerians today. I was very disappointed by Saadane, terrible defeatist mentality. He never tried to win the game.

ReMad

Feb 25, 2007

USA Vs. Algeria

World Cup 2010 | Group C | Round 3 | 14 GMT | 23-6-2010

JSC SPORTS - Ara. Comm. - 1150 KBPS - 320*240 - flv

Goals

First Goal For USA By Donovan Min.(90.1+)
Click Here For Video

Extras

Djebbour Hits The Crossbar Min.(6)
Click Here For Video

Dempsey Hits The Post Min.(57)
Click Here For Video

Red Card For Antar Yahya Min.(90.2+)
Click Here For Video

Highlights

First Half Highlights : USA 0-0 Algeria
Click Here For Video

Second Half Highlights : USA 1-0 Algeria
Click Here For Video

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Shameful display by the Algerians today. I was very disappointed by Saadane, terrible defeatist mentality. He never tried to win the game.
They had good scoring chances though, specially in the 1st half while their last chance just before that goal-scoring counter by the U.S should have been a goal if it wasn't for tension IMO. They can go out with their heads held high though, we all know they lack the quality in their squad but they always make up for it in spirit and determination.

1, 2, 3....Viva Algerie ! :touched:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nope, they have more quality than Slovenia. The problem is not a lack of quality at all, the problem is their(like all Arab NT's) inferiority complex and their defeatist mentality. They didn't even try to win, and when you don't even try and win a game like today's, then no, there is absolutely nothing to be proud of. On the contrary theres a lot to be ashamed of, and theres a lot we can learn from NT's like the US.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Algeria thoroughly deserved to go out.

They didn't make a serious effort to win any of their games, and that is just pathetic.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Nope, they have more quality than Slovenia. The problem is not a lack of quality at all, the problem is their(like all Arab NT's) inferiority complex and their defeatist mentality. They didn't even try to win, and when you don't even try and win a game like today's, then no, there is absolutely nothing to be proud of. On the contrary theres a lot to be ashamed of, and theres a lot we can learn from NT's like the US.
The Slovenia game hit them real hard from the begining and it wasn't exactly easy to play the English right after a shocker, yet they managed to get a point from them while this game they gave their all IMO but they simply weren't good enough in front of the goal and often too hasty. And when I was talking about quality I meant it in their attacking third of the field, there lies there problem IMO nowhere else.

And you should sense the difference by this NT results and performances and compare them to that of any Arab team in the previous last world cups. Saudia and Tunisia were much worse.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Tunisia got two points last time, they lost to a very impressive Spanish squad, but they were 1-0 up until around 60-70 minutes.

The only thing Algeria can be proud of is their game against England, other than that it has been a shameful WC. they didn't even try to win against Slovenia and the US.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I called it before the tournament.

Nothing to call really. We all expected them to be knocked out from the first round. What i told you before was, they weren't as bad as their friendlies against Serbia and Ireland, and i was right about that.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Nothing to call really. We all expected them to be knocked out from the first round. What i told you before was, they weren't as bad as their friendlies against Serbia and Ireland, and i was right about that.
I said they'd finish bottom of the group. That's what I called.

juve2

Apr 16, 2010
really disapointed by the last minute goal. It broke my heart. But we lost a place in the quarter finals already in the 47th minute when Donovan scored against us. I don't think we'll ever have this opurtunity again for a very long time.

Now I'd like the USA to get a good result because their fighting spirit deserves it.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Totally want germans to give us a good beating or win in pens :D

Should listen to some of the media here its like theyve already won the world cup!

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
I was really ashamed by our defencive play... It was an all around bad display.

I still had a bit of hopes before the game, but seriously, USA should have won with more goals.

Congrat's to the Americans.

True. Their coach is known for his negative approach, but today he just took things too far.
:tup: You know your stuff. He made a ''1986'', if you know what I mean. He's a really pathetic coach that has no style, no tactics and no personality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)