• USA

• Algeria

• Slovenia

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8757329.stm

Saifi 'slapped female journalist'

A female journalist has claimed Algeria footballer Rafik Saifi slapped her in the face after his side were knocked out of the World Cup.

"I was waiting for the Algerian players. When Saifi came I just moved away. I felt a hit," Asma Halimi told BBC World Service.

The journalist, who works for Algerian newspaper Competition, said she had a disagreement with Saifi a year ago.

"I will make [a] complaint with Fifa and the police," she added.

The BBC World Service's Richard Connelly witnessed the incident in the mixed zone - an area where journalists and players congregate - after the match.

"Rafik Saifi slapped the face of journalist Asma Halifi," said Connelly.

"She hit him back as a reflex.

"He then threw a bottle of sports drink which missed and had to be restrained from attacking her again."

The BBC understands the altercation comes after a year of bad feelings between the pair.

"Saifi took exception to an interview that she translated and published in her newspaper," explained Connelly.

"There was a similar incident between the two last year. She's going to complain formally to Fifa and to the police later on tonight."

Halimi says that Saifi threatened that she will come to harm in Algeria.

An Algerian federation spokesman said he had no information about the incident and so could not comment.

There was nobody immediately available from Fifa.

The Algerians had just been knocked out of the World Cup after losing to an injury-time goal by Landon Donovan of the United States.

hudick

Sep 18, 2006
Sadly we didn't manage to get through to the 1/8 final but i'm proud of our players. They fought well but England is still a better team. Maybe we could have a little more luck at the end but this is football.

Congrats to USA and England but i want Germany and Ghana to fuck them both :evil:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Clinton joins USA celebrations
Former President Bill Clinton paid tribute to Team USA's "heart", as they booked their place in the second round

Bob Bradley's men topped Group C in dramatic fashion after an injury time winner from Landon Donovan gave them victory over Algeria and secured them a last 16 tie against Ghana on Saturday.

Clinton was in the stands in Pretoria, as a guest of honour, and made his way down to the dressing room after the final whistle to congratulate the team in person.

"It was an amazing game," he said. "But if this hadn't been the elimination game, even I would have said it should be a tie.

"I liked the fact that they didn't let either the disappointment of the last game or the frustration of having so many shots that didn't go in get them down."
The former White house resident also praised the side for their mental attitude, which he felt gave them the edge in the match.

"Every contest eventually becomes a head game - athletic contests, elections, even wars," he explained.

"I like people who don't quit though. We are not keen on quitters in my family. They had a lot of heart and they just kept playing."

http://www.roadtosouthafrica.football-italia.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,13059~2077741,00.html

:scarf:

juve2

Apr 16, 2010
A Slovenian reporter asked Altidore if he has any words for the Slovenian fans after the game with Algerie. And his response was very classy +rep for him.

hudick

Sep 18, 2006
Our guys came home this morning and were welcomed as champions by a large group of fans first at airport and later in Prešeren square.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)