greatest satdium (1 Viewer)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++

I'm wondering what the hell they're gonna do with that. I just got that from the lsu site, so I'll just have to wait and see. They are making a lot of noise for sure.....whatever they're doing up there. I'll try to get u a pic when I pass by.
Do post

One of my classmates is from LA and is a huge LSU fan, he'd love to see them too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Olimpico of course, because the atsomphere is always amazing, especially in the Rome derby, I doubt it but has anyone here been to a Rome derby?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Testicular ] ++
what happen to football stadiums?
Some of our favorite stadiums don't happen to be football stadiums.

And Nicole, I never went to a Roma derby, but I did go to the Olimpico prior to the renovations for the world cup. It was 1987, and I saw Roma play against Pisa.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++

What don't you get? :confused: I'm not American, but it has nothing to do with that. I go to LSU!!
Look your school team has a stadium with a capacity of 90 000 seats. I invite you to go to any European university, I really doubt there would even be a stadium :D.

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Look your school team has a stadium with a capacity of 90 000 seats. I invite you to go to any European university, I really doubt there would even be a stadium :D.
I know. Heck most European professional clubs don't have that kind of capacity. But college sports are very popular here and bring a lot of income to schools. I wouldn't be surprised if our football coach, Nick Saban, gets paid more than Capello.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I was just discussing this issue with my friends yesterday.

Howcome amounts of money generated by US sports are so high compared to european football?

I mean... baseball players sign contracts for 200 million dollors and stuff, while top players in Seria A don't even get $10 million a year.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
I was just discussing this issue with my friends yesterday.

Howcome amounts of money generated by US sports are so high compared to european football?

I mean... baseball players sign contracts for 200 million dollors and stuff, while top players in Seria A don't even get $10 million a year.
Local advertising and television/radio contracts play a huge role in that. Marketing, sales of jerseys and paraphenalia, and don't forget the National television contracts for such sports as the NFL, as evidenced by a nearly 1 billion dollar a year deal that the NFL has with both CBS and Fox.

Also, teams don't have to go and pay ridiculous amounts of money to go and acquire players, because the majority of the teams players are brought in through the draft and nurtured through either college (Football and Basketball) or a minor league development system (Baseball and Hockey). Only in Free Agency do teams spend a lot of money to try and acquire out-of-contract players, and they don't have to pay the clubs, they only pay the respective players contracts, that's a big difference right there. There are so many reasons why as to a country like the US can have 4 major sports, have great attendance figures and have the majority of the teams still have a healthy profit, but these are some of the reasons.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, but you never did take me up on my Super Bowl party offer, though, did you Ian??

You missed a great time man. Not that I can remember most of it.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
Yeah, but you never did take me up on my Super Bowl party offer, though, did you Ian??

You missed a great time man. Not that I can remember most of it.
Some day our paths will cross...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)