greatest rock vocalist and guitarist ever (1 Viewer)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

me myself loved ratm, all of their albums. but audioslave..that's just not it..zack de la rocha had better lyrics and more energy and they were really awesome! with cornell they're kind of boring :(

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

oh i downloaded the four albums, they are really good, though not what i expected, i was thinking they would sound differently but i like it anyway.

and they really use a lot of instruments from different musical styles, but everything is so nicely put together you really can't say which type of music they play.

out of the four albums i mostly listened to richest man in babylon. i'll get to the rest after i'm through with this one.. of and i managed to split the outernational sound file to separate tracks, though it took me a while :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The richest man in Babylon is a great one. I prefer Baylon renowned as it is almost the same but with newer mixes.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It is not the same album but it is different mixes from different albums but the most chosen ones are from The richest man in babylon.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

oh i see..well i won't get myself that just yet. that'd be too much, i wouldn't be able to appreciate these four albums i just got.

Testicular

Dec 13, 2004
best guitarist? why is there even an arguement here. John Petrucci. Find another guitarist as technicly accomplished and yet musicly inclined as JP. Michael Angelo and Malmsteen can play as fast as, but ONLY plays as fast. Vai, Satriani, Johnson arent too far either, along with guys like Al di meola, dick dale, paco de lucia....

the list goes on and on...but i've yet to hear of a guitarist as accomplished as JP. i mean he improvises on scales i've never tried at the speed of light. Example: Tunnel of Vision (rock junkies, listen to this one and Glasgow Kiss). He implements a high level of skill in techniques that most guitarist cant do for nuts such as sweep picking, alternate string picking and so on. One thing i've not seen him to is tapping. No one taps as good as Van Halen, but the sheer speed of JP scaling means he doesnt really need to tap.

Jimi Hendrix? Jimmy Page?

Seriously, as much as they were responsible for the birth of the art of electric guitaring, they dont really compare to the guys i've mentioned.

As for vocalist. Richard Cheese. haha i know he's nothing to do with rock. but you gotta admire the dick :D

Max

Jul 15, 2003
It takes balls to say John Petrucci is a better guitar player than both Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page. Without Jimi Hendrix, the guitar would have no creative form or anything like that.

Without Jimmy Page, there would be no metal or any sort of progressive rock, therefore making Dream Theatre obsolete. Led Zeppelin single-handedly made metal.

Testicular

Dec 13, 2004
no it doesn't.

first of, Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin did not make metal music. They popularized it. the birth of metal had already tooken place a while back. now Page is a talented musician no doubt (i mean, he was part of about a third of all rock music recorded in England in the late 60's-early 90's...thats quite something)

But if you're gonna base this on who started it and stuff then i think you;re gonna have to way back then. Guys like McLaughlin started the art of actually playin superfast chops on guitars.

As for Jimi, as much as i have respect for the man, from what i've heard from his work, he's more style than substance in my opinion. Of course he inspired millions of guitarists, but that doesnt make him the best guitarist ever. He opened the eyes (or ears) or people, but theres plenty of guys out there that could whip Jimi anyday. I don't recall Jimi being able to recite a Chopin piece. In other words, he aint that techniquely accomplised. Of course another part of being the greatest ROCK guitarist is stage presence. No that Petrucci can't touch (honestly, Petrucci has almost zero showmanship, but oh well...i rather see him to that that do what Malmsteen does while performing)

Have you seen Petrucci for yourself tho? Mindblowing stuff. The man is not human...kinda frustrating actually

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Testicular ] ++
no it doesn't.

first of, Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin did not make metal music. They popularized it. the birth of metal had already tooken place a while back. now Page is a talented musician no doubt (i mean, he was part of about a third of all rock music recorded in England in the late 60's-early 90's...thats quite something)

But if you're gonna base this on who started it and stuff then i think you;re gonna have to way back then. Guys like McLaughlin started the art of actually playin superfast chops on guitars.

As for Jimi, as much as i have respect for the man, from what i've heard from his work, he's more style than substance in my opinion. Of course he inspired millions of guitarists, but that doesnt make him the best guitarist ever. He opened the eyes (or ears) or people, but theres plenty of guys out there that could whip Jimi anyday . I don't recall Jimi being able to recite a Chopin piece. In other words, he aint that techniquely accomplised. Of course another part of being the greatest ROCK guitarist is stage presence. No that Petrucci can't touch (honestly, Petrucci has almost zero showmanship, but oh well...i rather see him to that that do what Malmsteen does while performing)

Have you seen Petrucci for yourself tho? Mindblowing stuff. The man is not human...kinda frustrating actually

Testicular

Dec 13, 2004
GRK...what's your point?

++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
if you're talking about stage presence,can anyone hold a candel to slash and ace frehley playing with Kiss?
not really.

Steve Vai, Joe Perry.....haha Jimi Hendrix?! Stevie Ray Vaughan?!

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
I'm agreeing with you, particularly in that so many guitarists can whip Jimi Hendrix. He's far too overrated.

Jester

Sep 8, 2004
Many guitarists can play faster and are more technical then Hendrix was but when it comes to the feeling for the music no one comes close.

When we talk about stage presence, three guitarists are in a league of their own in my book, Keith Richards, Dimebag and James Hetfield (since he also sings he may not qualify, but still).

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Best vocalist ever ? Freddy Mecury, of course

Best guitarrist ever ? Pleeeaassee. The mention of Page, Gilmour , Blackmore make me laugh. They are nice players, thats all.

Hendrix, Zappa, Satriani, Petrucci, Mclaughlin and Dimeola are on a diferent level, more skilled.

Steve Howe and Jan Akkerman are tremendous players, real virtuosos of the guitar.

But by far, the best guitarrist ever is Robert fripp from King Crimson......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)