greatest rock vocalist and guitarist ever (2 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
its hard to think beyond freddie mercury when you talk about vocalists.personally for me,not only is he the greatest rock vocalist ever,but his,arguably,the greatest vocalist the world EVER knew.

the question about the greatest guitarist ever is probably a bit more subjective one.id go for jimmy page.ive always felt hendrix was overrated.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
Yep, Hendrix is way too overrated.

Freddie Mercury, amazing I agree, one of my favorites.
I also like Matt Barlow (ex-Iced Earth).

For guitarists, I'm not a big fan of Page.
I prefer guys like Richie Sambora, Steve Vai, and Kirk Hammett.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Freddie Mercury is the greatest vocalist of any era, of any musical genre, ever.

The thought that Queen (or at least Brian May and Roger Taylor), could even THINK of touring again under the Queen moniker is an insult.'

I actually feel bad for Paul Rodgers. He's a good enough vocalist, but come on.

John Deacon is the smartest one out of the group for saying "no thanks" for going along with this charade.

Greatest rock guitarist?? It was, still is, and always will be Jimi Hendrix. Eric Clapton is a close second.

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
Guitarist: Stevie Ray Vaughn
Vocalist: I like vocalists that can't really sing. Neil Young, Johnny Cash, Chris Rea, Mark Knopfler, layne stanley etc. The best though Joe Strummer!

Alex

May 1, 2004
how can people say Hendrix is overrated
do you play guitar??
the guy died aged 29, he was only able to record for 4 years

Page is a good studio guitarist- nothing more...
watch him play live, half his improvised solo's are fu*#ing pathetic the rest are riduled with clumsiness

so here's my answer:
on vocals we have bon scott or axl or mike monroe

and on guitar we have Hendrix or S.R. Vaughn but if you want a living legend than perhaps Slash will do

Jester

Sep 8, 2004
Hendrix is the best guitarist ever, no question about it. Second is Mick Taylor (played in the Stones in the late 60s, early 70s). Third is Dimebag.

The best vocalist ever has got to be Robert Plant.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
how can people say Hendrix is overrated
do you play guitar??
the guy died aged 29, he was only able to record for 4 years

Page is a good studio guitarist- nothing more...
watch him play live, half his improvised solo's are fu*#ing pathetic the rest are riduled with clumsiness

so here's my answer:
on vocals we have bon scott or axl or mike monroe

and on guitar we have Hendrix or S.R. Vaughn but if you want a living legend than perhaps Slash will do
the question is have you seen page play live? page is probably the best improviser of all, get the "how the west was won" dvd and cd, listen to dazed and confused.

as for vocals i'd say ian gillan from deep purple..child in time liver version from made in japan. enough said

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

eddie van halen is a good choice for guitar also.

and for vocals bruce dickinson, if you really look at vocal abilities he's your man. he can very easily sing an opera :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)