Greatest players from countries (1 Viewer)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria ] ++

Shame on me forget about Lubański, Wilimowski as well :redface:

But I'm really surprised that you've remembered about Wilimowski! :cool:

And no Deyna on your list?

Wilimowski.... 4 goals against a leonidas inspired brazil in one of the greatest matches in wc history, is not easily forgotten!

Deyna.... uhmmm... maybe.. but i think one player from the 74 squad is enough!

Buy on AliExpress.com

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
And speaking about 74 squad - I've rememeber this match Poland - Italy and first person I recognised from Italy squad ( of course besideZoff ) was Fabio Capello - I recognised him immidiatley (from far) seeing these specific nervous moves.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria ] ++
And speaking about 74 squad - I've rememeber this match Poland - Italy and first person I recognised from Italy squad ( of course besideZoff ) was Fabio Capello - I recognised him immidiatley (from far) seeing these specific nervous moves.
Yes.. and capello scored a wonderful goal in the 86th minute... but it was too late for them to cme back

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Yes.. and capello scored a wonderful goal in the 86th minute... but it was too late for them to cme back
Yes I remember. Being very proper here I'm going to add who scored rest goals: Szarmach 38 min and Deyna 45 min.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
I will like to hear who ppl on the forum feel are the greatest players to come out of not only their country but other countries as well.
You can seize the opportunity to boast about your country and inform us of players we could look out for and players who never get a mention at all

Argentina Maradona

Brazil Pele with the likes of Zico, Ronaldo and Romario

Uruguay Enzo Francescolli

Mexico Hugo Sanchez and Tomboy with aguirre and Negrete
Columbia Valderama

Ecuador Aguinaga

England Moore, Charlton and my personal fave Keegan

Scotland Dalglish and Law

Rep Ireland Keane and Brady

Wales Charles and Giggs

Nothern Irl Best

Italy Baresi, maldini and baggio

France Platini and Zidane

Spain Luis Suarez , Michel and Raul also Butragueno

Portugal Eusebio and Figo , Rui Costa

Holland Cruyff Marco Van Basten, Gullitt

Denmark Michael Laudrup and Schmeichel with Elkjaer

Norway Brolin

Finlad Littmanen

Poland Boniek, Lato and Deyna

Russia Blokhin, Yashin, Chivaldze

Israel Revivo and Blerkovic

Germany Beckenbauer and Matthaus

Nigeria Okocha, Odegbami and Amaesiamaka

Ghana Abedi pele

Cameroun Milla, Mbida and Abega

Liberia Weah

Saudi arabia Owairan
Japan Nakarta of 98 wc

Croatia Boban with Suker deserving mention

Yugoslavia Stoikovic with Savicevic

Turkey probably Sukur

U. s. a Reyna, Tab Ramos and Balboa

Australia Kewell

New zealand Farina

Czech republic Panenka and Nedved

Bulgaria Stoichcov with a mention to Balakov

Hungary Puskas with Nyilasi

Switzerland Chapuisat and Sutter
omg, where's MALAYSIA?!?! :mad: :boxing: :D

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

Denmark Michael Laudrup and Schmeichel with Elkjaer
Great list! But you're forgetting a couple of players from Denmark.

Allan Simonsen. (Had a great career at Borussia Mönchengladbach and Barcelona. Was awarded as European footballer of the year in 1977)

John Hansen. (One of best strikers ever to play for Juventus. He played 187 matches for Juve and scored 124 goals!!! ...only Boniperti, Bettega, Sivori, Borel, Anastasi and Del Piero has scored more goals for Juve than him.)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Great list denco :thumb: Since I don't know much about a few of the players mentioned, let me just countribute one football legend from my country. It is none other that Fandi Ahmad.

He helped Singapore in winning the Malaysia Cup back in 1994 (back when Singapore football was a hot topic amongst us Singaporean). In 1983, he left us for Dutch club FC Groningen , which unfortunately, his name didn't quite shine there, as I believe he's been warming the bench a bit too much...

Now he's a head coach of one of our local clubs here (SAF Warriors FC) in Singapore, and has also opened up a football school for junior footballers :)

Here's a few pictures of him: http://ourstory.asia1.com.sg/dream/life/ref/fandi.html

-S-

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
He's not really been warming the bench at Groningen, they're just a relegation club so none of their players are really in the spotlight :)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Would it be safe to say the greatest in Slovenia history is Zahovic as I am not sure which Slovenians comprised the old Yugoslavia but I know it is not Katanec :D

Zahovič will probably be the one yes, but at the moment, in our 10 years old football history Katanec would be the one ;) Why not?

We had some great players that played for Yug, especially Brane Oblak who played in Stuttgart and B. Munchen and was the captain of the Yug NT for some time. There might be more good slovenian players, but the rest of the Yugoslavia had us for skiiers and not footballers so "our" men were rarely picked for the NT :)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

your loss, mate.
Bit confused here, ian mate.

How is it my loss that the US have never produced a world class player??
It doesnt bother me in the slightest.

Jul 12, 2002
Bit confused here, ian mate.

How is it my loss that the US have never produced a world class player??
It doesnt bother me in the slightest.
Well, it's your loss that you can't appreciate American players for whatever reason. You're missing out on some real class players.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002

Well, it's your loss that you can't appreciate American players for whatever reason. You're missing out on some real class players.
The reason is quite simple ian....
There are no class american players.... I've looked, they jus arent there!

Jul 12, 2002
The reason is quite simple ian....
There are no class american players.... I've looked, they jus arent there!
Right well, a lot of people, and not just americans would disagree with you. I am one of them. So I am enjoying all kinds of great players from America and you aren't. That seems like I am getting the better deal.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002

Right well, a lot of people, and not just americans would disagree with you. I am one of them. So I am enjoying all kinds of great players from America and you aren't. That seems like I am getting the better deal.

So come on who are these world class americans...
Please enlighten me!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)