Greatest line-up for your country (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Hasselbaink and Ruud? where is Johnny Rep and I think Krol was a central defender who really should be in your team

Not sure what the likes of Zenden, Rafael and Jonk are doing here , where is Haan and Wim Jansen?

Resebrink? Your dutch masters will be evry annoyed to see what you have printed here:D but seriusly there have been many great dutch players
Hey, that was just off the top of my head! Give me a break, will ya?! :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #102
    Fanatic and Christian_Vieri

Great line-ups... but I didn't mean for you to line-up your country with the best around today. You was supposed to line-up the team with the players in history from your country...

Jan 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Great line-up! :thumb: And for a rightback I suggest Luca Ungari from Modena. Solid, young defender who could do the job!! He always plays RB for his club.

You don't think Montella is good enough?
    Another one I can add to my list of Zaccardo, Oddo, and Zauri. Is this guy more like Thuram (makes nice runs up the flank) or more defensive like Panucci? I guess in simpler terms, is he a RWB or simply a RB?

About Montella.....well, lets put it this way: He is certainly better than Delvecchio.

My apologies Karlberg. I started forming the Italy XI of all time in my head, but I think I'll leave that to the older members.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Christian_Vieri ] ++
    Another one I can add to my list of Zaccardo, Oddo, and Zauri. Is this guy more like Thuram (makes nice runs up the flank) or more defensive like Panucci? I guess in simpler terms, is he a RWB or simply a RB?

About Montella.....well, lets put it this way: He is certainly better than Delvecchio.
    Better than Delvecchio ... I get the point!

Ungari is more of a RB than a RWB I think so you would have to compensate for that by a more attacking minded right midfielder. Assuming you want to play attacking football, that is!

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #105
    ++ [ originally posted by Christian_Vieri ] ++

My apologies Karlberg. I started forming the Italy XI of all time in my head, but I think I'll leave that to the older members.
    Ok :thumb: No problem... But I would still like to hear how you would line up... and if the 'older members' have something to add, they probably will.

Back to your current line up... how about Zauri as right back?

Jan 1, 2003
    I'll post my line-up sometime later. As for Zauri, I don't know. He, Oddo, and the rest seem equivalent to me. Oddo actually performed better when he was given the chance for Nazionale, and Zauri struggled. But we all know what he's capable of. Maybe Zauri can compete on the left with Coco, and Oddo, Zaccardo, and Ungari should prove their worth on the right. And Panucci..... he will be useful in the dying minutes when we are up by 2-0.

Re: Erik

I want someone who can move up and add width to the midfield. That won't happen in Trap's game, I know. Looking back at the WC, not once do I remember Pannucci or Maldini move forward (except Maldini, in the game vs. Ecuador made a darting down up the flank on the left side in a counter-attack; but, that's it). Doni was playing more in the middle the whole time, and the midfield was all packed. Actually, the game finally opened up when Di Livio came in. I don't where I am going with this.....this should be in the Azzuri forum. I am sure I already addressed your thoughts.

FaNaTiC

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
    Fanatic and Christian_Vieri

Great line-ups... but I didn't mean for you to line-up your country with the best around today. You was supposed to line-up the team with the players in history from your country...
    oh... I didnt look

here it is

-----------Boksic---------Suker--------

-Jarni---Asanovic--Boban---Prosinecki--Stanic--

------Bilic------Stimac------Tudor----

-------------------Ladic---------

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    I really don't know...how about this?

Substitutions:

Goalkeepers:
    Edwin van der Sar
    Ed de Goey

Defenders:
    Arthur Numan
    Danny Blind
    Aaron Winter
    Adri van Tiggelen
    Michael Reiziger

Midfielders:
    Rafael van der Vaart
    Marc Overmars
    Boudewijn Zenden
    Wim Jonk
    Frank Rijkaard
    Jan Wouters
    Willyvan de Kerkhof

Forwards:
    Abe Lenstra
    Ruud van Nistelrooy
    Patrick Kluivert
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    Ruud Krol
    Looks good mate!:thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)