Greatest line-up for your country (2 Viewers)

OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #62
    Guess you're right... Cuz as I've said before... you're the expert on dutch footie.

BTW, does Winter still play.? It's been a while since I've heard anything about him.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    He went back to Ajax where they loaned him out this summer but I forgot to which club...anway, I recall him saying this was going to be his last season which is just as well because he's not very good anymore...

And Expert? Not really :D

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #64
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

And Expert? Not really :D
    When the two of us are talking about dutch football... trust me, then you would be the expert ;) :D

Winter... I liked that guy.

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #65
    BTW who do you support in Holland?

I like Ajax and PSV... well mostly cuz of all the danes who played there over the years...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    It's a very difficult question to ask me! In the Champions League I support them all. In the competition I supported PSV last season but now I tend to get behind Ajax more. Their play is better and they entertain which is something PSV fails to do this season.

Then again - in derbies like Ajax - PSV (2-4) a couple of weeks ago I just support the most entertaining squad which happened to be PSV (my brother nearly killed me for that :D)

In Holland I'm more of a football fan than a club's fan if you will!

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #67
    Wow!! Thats exzctly how I feel about the danish league, now that my favourite team is dead :down:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    It's a pain, innit? I've always got high hopes for PSV in the CL but they've never managed to get through to the second group phase in the seven years of it's existence...it's depressing!

What is your favourite team btw?

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #69

What is your favourite team btw?
    In what country??

Here a list...

Italy... pretty obvious!
    England... Manchester City
    Spain... Real Madrid
    Holland... Ajax / PSV
    Denmark... Don't really know. My favourite team went bankrupt last year. So now I support the most entertaining teams. Right now that would be FC København (Copenhagen)
    Germany... hate german football
    France... not interested

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
    Italy... pretty obvious!
    Diddo and I also like Milan (history of many Dutch players and they have Sheva)

England... Manchester City
    It used to be Leicester City (hey, I lived there and I got caught up in the hype :D Now it would probably be Newcastle or Southampton

Spain... Real Madrid
    Noooo!! Valencia or Deportivo for sure!

Germany... hate german football
    France... not interested
    Could not agree more!

Your team went bankrupt? That's sad, man! What team was it?

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #71

Your team went bankrupt? That's sad, man! What team was it?
    Lyngby FC. A great club, who was always in the best league. A couple of years ago they got a new president / director who screwed the club completely. That asshole had to be protected by bodyguards for some time. I really hate that freakin' asshole! :fero:

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #73

Diddo and I also like Milan (history of many Dutch players and they have Sheva)
    I'm beginning to like them to... with all the danes coming to the club ;) I don't care for Sheva though...

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #74
    Lyngby FC ... that rings a bell! That club is gone? Oh man...
    So did they have to start over like Fiorentina?
    Yeah... in the middle of the season the club died and had to play the rest of the season with amateurs. Of course they got their arses kicked and were relegated. And like Fiorentina they were put in a low division... actually they're pretty close to my team now.

Now they're no longer called Lyngby FC, but Lyngby BK. It's really sad, but they still have their great youth department, which is famous in Denmark.

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #76
    Ah! But with a good solid youth department you can go all the way ;) Ajax is the living proof!
    You got that right! :) I'm always amazed by all of the talents they produce! (Ajax)

Hopefully they will bounce back! But it will take a long long time...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Not that you have to worry about that. How old are you? 19? Plenty of time and it doesn't even have to take THAT long, it's not the Italian league where the SerieB is already tough to get into.

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #78
    I know... but the danish leagues has gotten alot better over the past few years.

Hopefully Lyngby can hang on to their talents and get a money man to bring em back to SAS ligaen... Maybe Mærsk is up for the job ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)