Grand Theft Auto V (5 Viewers)

Which character in GTA V do you play as the most in free-roam?

• Smooth Michael

• The Franklinator

• Crazy Ol' Trevor

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
driving a car with mouse and keyboard is retarded
Agreed, thats why every selfrespecting PC gamer, got an xbox360 for windows controllers.

I dont get the fuzz really

- - - Updated - - -

but who cares?? seriously it's just graphics man, they don't even make that much of a difference. if they did everyone would be playing crysis instead of gta v
man honestly who the fuck cares, it's such a good game you don't even notice those things. sad that people will prefer to wait for PC because of 'better graphics'.

the graphics are still insane anyway, the screenshots weren't lying. especially flying in a helicopter over LS with an orange sunset is incredible.
The diffrence is actually how good a game can be.

Rockstar had to do a shitload of limitations in order to run this game on 8 year old hardware (consoles are at the level a pc was 8 years ago).

Because of this, games that tax the console to the limit, have various issues. Short draw distance. upscaled graphics, underperforming AA, tearing, frameratedrops, fucking 30 fps, insane loading times, slower input response, limited memory capacities, limited shader and rendering options, less physics, less shadows, obviously limitations due to limited controller input, MUCH limited online options, worse aiming.

A pc version, simply allows Rockstar to offer various graphical settings to the user. They can use HD graphics, there is decent fps and MUCH, MUCH more memory to use. Gamers can use mouse/keyboard or controller. Because of RAM, obvious online limitations can be removed (think planetside 2 wich would be to heavy for next gen consoles due to 8gb ram minimum required),

I play Dark Souls on both PC and xbox, same with Fifa 13 and NFS.

The diffrence is just massive, and my pc is from goddamn 2007 (apart from new powersupply(2013) and graphical card (2012)

No, i dont want to invest in a console. pay full price for older games, i'll have my superior pc and steam/gog/greenlight.

You guys had fun at midnight in the stores ? i'll get a digital copy and have the rest shipped over to arrive when i'm halfway done with the game.

Thats why i play it on the pc.

Now you guys have fun with the console and its major pro : u get the game 6 months earlyer then us.

Enjoy it, and share your experiences :)

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
Agreed, thats why every selfrespecting PC gamer, got an xbox360 for windows controllers.

- - - Updated - - -

Rockstar had to do a shitload of limitations in order to run this game on 8 year old hardware (consoles are at the level a pc was 8 years ago).

Because of this, games that tax the console to the limit, have various issues. Short draw distance. upscaled graphics, underperforming AA, tearing, frameratedrops, fucking 30 fps, insane loading times, slower input response, limited memory capacities, limited shader and rendering options, less physics, less shadows, obviously limitations due to limited controller input, MUCH limited online options, worse aiming.

A pc version, simply allows Rockstar to offer various graphical settings to the user. They can use HD graphics, there is decent fps and MUCH, MUCH more memory to use. Gamers can use mouse/keyboard or controller. Because of RAM, obvious online limitations can be removed (think planetside 2 wich would be to heavy for next gen consoles due to 8gb ram minimum required),

The diffrence is just massive, and my pc is from goddamn 2007 (apart from new powersupply(2013) and graphical card (2012)

No, i dont want to invest in a console. pay full price for older games, i'll have my superior pc and steam/gog/greenlight.

You guys had fun at midnight in the stores ? i'll get a digital copy and have the rest shipped over to arrive when i'm halfway done with the game.

Now you guys have fun with the console and its major pro : u get the game 6 months earlyer then us.

You can buy digital copies of the games on PSN and Xbox Live too, that's a bad argument. And many people, who go to midnight launches actually enjoy the waiting in the queue and taking the copy themselves. If you pre-order, you get your game even a day early most of the time, so that's another bad argument.

May 22, 2007
Finished my first heist last night, I love the multiple options the game gives the player to see out each job.
Presumably the jewellery heist...

It was good, I chose the idiot gunman and he fell of his bike and killed himself, lost a large chunk of the cash :D

Trevor is easily the best character, even the faces he pulls when he's standing idle are hilarious :lol:
Taking selfies with him makes me laugh.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Presumably the jewellery heist...

It was good, I chose the idiot gunman and he fell of his bike and killed himself, lost a large chunk of the cash :D

Taking selfies with him makes me laugh.
Thinks that's supposed to happen no matter who you pick. Two guys I spoke to had the same thing happen to them with varying crew members. My guess is that you're supposed to end up with a certain amount of cash?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

You've seen this @Zacheryah? WTF is this? Can it be pc version? Look at the comments bellow. Fake?
http://www.razor1911download.com/gr...loaded-multi-torrent/comment-page-2/#comments

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Thats the xbox360 of ps3 ROM.

Usefull if you have an xbox360 of ps3 emulator.

I am currently playing Gran turismo 4 on a ps2 emulator, wich such file.

However, there isnt a working xbox360/ps2 emulator out, and you'd need a 1500/2000 euro computer with tripple the power of the consoles to run it

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You can buy digital copies of the games on PSN and Xbox Live too, that's a bad argument. And many people, who go to midnight launches actually enjoy the waiting in the queue and taking the copy themselves. If you pre-order, you get your game even a day early most of the time, so that's another bad argument.
Oh i was in the line at Game Mania for the midnight release of the previous gta man :)

But on steam, the digital pre-order, or the regular virtual copy, is allways faster out then the boxed release in the store.

I think for example FiFa 13 and football manager 2013 i had before it was out in store.

Pre-ordered FM2013 was actually pretty damn early, whilst fifa was i think the night before

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Thats the xbox360 of ps3 ROM.

Usefull if you have an xbox360 of ps3 emulator.

I am currently playing Gran turismo 4 on a ps2 emulator, wich such file.

However, there isnt a working xbox360/ps2 emulator out, and you'd need a 1500/2000 euro computer with tripple the power of the consoles to run it
The next PC I build Imma drop at least 1750 into it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Gonna build some serious hardware with that cash yo :p

In 2007 i payd 1130 euroz for E8600 core2duo, 4gb ddr800ram and a geforce 9800gtx. keyboard, mouse and 19inch flatscreen

Since then, only had to replace power supply (60 euro) and gpu (460gtx, 200 euro, was in sale)

When i graduate, imma put at least 1500 in a new rig, and bigger screen :tongue:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
To our console friends who are currently playing GTA V

whats the best new feature you have see so far, that wasent in GTA IV ?
(apart from the character swapping)

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
Yea at the moment, Ive got a pretty beefy pc. i5-3750k, GTX 670 ftw, 8gb RAM and a 27in 1440p monitor and much more- its my baby. I bought gta for the xbox and I had to accept that it wouldn't look so great compared to when the PC version comes out but man can I not wait.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Gonna build some serious hardware with that cash yo :p

In 2007 i payd 1130 euroz for E8600 core2duo, 4gb ddr800ram and a geforce 9800gtx. keyboard, mouse and 19inch flatscreen

Since then, only had to replace power supply (60 euro) and gpu (460gtx, 200 euro, was in sale)

When i graduate, imma put at least 1500 in a new rig, and bigger screen :tongue:
Well at this rate I'll be waiting 2-3 years :/

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well, the thing is, now we are finally getting rid of the shitty old consoles, and move to the new generation, consoles will only be 2 years behind pc's instead of 8.

So we'll have to make some adjustments next year to run everything properly

I'm a bit sad i cant run planetside 2

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
To our console friends who are currently playing GTA V

whats the best new feature you have see so far, that wasent in GTA IV ?
(apart from the character swapping)
Like a better version of GTA san andreas, better characters, better graphics, better AI, more choice on how to accomplish goals/missions etc. There are so many little details as well, just one for example, you could just leave your character idle and the screen switches to first person. Anyone who passes by is liable to insult you or be insulted once you lock eyes on them. High speed chases can occur around you and then shootouts with cops break out all while you stand by and watch. So if it's this entertaining when you're not even playing the game, you get a picture of how good it is when you do.
Does changing character effect the story or no?
No but it's necessary for progression at certain points, otherwise you can just drop in and out of each playable character to complete their individual missions or just basically piss about. One of the coolest things is how the npc's react differently to all three different guys.
@ZoSo , remember to take breaks bud :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)