Goodbye Romeo (1 Viewer)

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Wraith said:
Who is he? The Juventus website says "kit-man," what is that?
He was like the responsible of the locker room. He (and "his" staff) organized all the material needed for trainings, matches (home and away): shirts, balls, underwear, accessories and so on.
I remember an interview of 2003, I think, where, before the Villar Perosa friendly, he showed what each player needed, how they preferred to have their kits, how many shoes each of them had, where they preferred to change in the locker room. He told how the work was organized, how there really weren't holiday for them during the season and so on.

He was somewhat also a link between the players and the coach. Today I heard many people (from some of the players, to Didì, to Franco Causio, to Bruno Garzena), telling the great person and hard worker he was, so devoted to his job.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
I talked to Romeo a few years back....at Hong Kong International Airport, the day Juve left HK for Japan (freindlies). he was with another guy, fixing bookings at the airline counter. I didn't know them but I saw them carrying Juve's backpack so I went to talk to them. I asked them to hand a wedding card to Ale since I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to meet him later. Romeo's English wasn't great so the other guy did most of the talking. And of course in the end, mission accomplished and I saw Ale holding my card before he went through the departure gate.

These Juve staff are indeed a bunch of friendly people and I still thank Romeo till now! I'll see wether I can find a pic of him....

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Superb Meow!

From what I've gotten to know about Romeo over the years, he was astonishing, and I'm sure the place won't ever be the same again. Team morale is crucial so let us hope our new kit-manager (whoever he is) can carry on the same level of warmth and support in player-interaction that Romeo provided. I've always heard that Juve is a great place to be if you're a player, and I'm sure this dude had much to do with that. Rest In Peace, Juve-brother, and may your spirit live on and your brilliant work be taken up by someone else. Then we'll always be safe :pint:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
What Deschamps said:

“He was an extraordinary man who gave his life to Juventus. He always did his best for the players,” concluded the ex-Monaco boss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)