Gonzalo Higuaín (38 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
No they're not similar. Higuain and Ronaldo never worked as a partnership at Real Madrid and they both dint like each other back then.
Real Madrid sacrificed Higuain for Benzema because they have almost the same qualities. Their style of play, pace, pressure etc.

Maybe Benzema was more willing to assist than score, and also he's not a Messi friend :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Benz is a more technical than Higuain but is less of a goaltreat. Higuain nowadays is very straightforward to be honest. Gets the ball, run to a side trying to past the defender and blast it. When he gets the ball on a counter with space, he most often than not runs into bad places and fluffs the chance.

Nowadays you better limit Higuain to shoot near the enemy area and thats it.

I think this is one of the reasons why he wasnt playing to his fullest in Juve, we didnt gave him proper service so he had to compensate with pressuring defenders and getting back into our midfield to look for the ball.

Add to that that i think he started to decline this season, and dassitmane.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Real Madrid sacrificed Higuain for Benzema because they have almost the same qualities. Their style of play, pace, pressure etc.
benzema is more physical, and he formed a lot better partnership with cr. it was an easy choice for them.

btw i'll be sorry to see piggy leave. he was our most played player for 2 years, he's a guarantee for serie a, great in the cl on his day, he's just embarassing in finals.

let's keep higgy, play him all year, save cr for finals. :baus:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Yes of course there are some differences. They're not exactly alike, but ultimately they served the same purpose in the Madrid lineup. The entire discussion in Madrid before Higuain was sold to Napoli was who to sacrifice between the two. The entire Bernabeu chanted Higuain name and wanted him to stay, but the club preferred Benzema (allegedly Ronaldo's decision or advice).

- - - Updated - - -

The ineffectiveness of Higuain-CR compared to Benz-CR is due to mentality rather than skill or qualities.

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-d...zalo-higuain-did-real-keep-the-right-striker/

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Higuain is a world class striker, you cant replace him with Mandzukic.

Not many players can guarantee 20+ goals per season, and this guy (never mind the age) is one of them.
Higuain is criminally underrated around here though I think there some legitimate questions as to how well he fits into Allegri's 4-3-3

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005

Not many players can guarantee 20+ goals per season, and this guy (never mind the age) is one of them.
Higuain is a beast, I will always love him. But we're not replacing him with Mandzukic, we are replacing him with the GOAT.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Mandzukic is made for the big games though.

And we don’t need to worry about 20+ goals a season when we have the GOAT and even Dybala in the team.

IMO if we didn’t sign Ronaldo then we wouldn’t be selling Higuain or any of our other strikers.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Higuain is criminally underrated around here though I think there some legitimate questions as to how well he fits into Allegri's 4-3-3
He definitely is, if it was financially viable for the club, I would love to have him stay here and rotate with Ronaldo if need be. The guy has been an exemplary professional for us over the past two seasons - scored plenty of decisive goals, humiliated Napoli on multiple occasion and worked his socks off for the the greater good of the team. Nothing but respect for Gol-zalo.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
My only gripe about letting him go...is that he worked his ass off for Juve and behaved exemplary. He also scored gazzilion goals in the league... but sadly he was never able to ditch that 90 millions pricetag and our midfield was not up to standards

Jun 25, 2017
Mandzukic is made for the big games though.

And we don’t need to worry about 20+ goals a season when we have the GOAT and even Dybala in the team.

IMO if we didn’t sign Ronaldo then we wouldn’t be selling Higuain or any of our other strikers.
Same as Mandzukic, Morata is also good in big games but his contribution throughout the year is shaky and they both are players you cant rely on.
Consistency is a rarity these days, Higuain is a definition of that.

Dybala outscored him last season.
Even though Dybala is amazing, i would rather rely on the 20+ goals Higuain brings to the table.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
My only gripe about letting him go...is that he worked his ass off for Juve and behaved exemplary. He also scored gazzilion goals in the league... but sadly he was never able to ditch that 90 millions pricetag and our midfield was not up to standards
It's not as if we treated him badly though. He played his few years here and he moves on, nothing wrong with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)