Gonzalo Higuaín (13 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
without having mandzukic, we would be still playing our shitty 3-5-2, and as marchisio is still finding his fitness, one of lemina, sturaro and rincon would have been starters for the most part of the season. mandzukic is the cornerstone of our current football.

i'm not saying that higuain got an undeserved mvp award. in most cases, a top scorer of any team is probably the safest choice for this award. of course higuain was fundamental, and so were buffon, alves, sandy, pjanic, khedira, bonucci, dybala, even chiellini in the cl. fortunately, most of our key players are having a solid season. but without mandzukic, this whole new style of play that allegri invented mid-season - regardless of the formation, which is constantly changing even during matches anyway - simply won't work at all.
You could say the same about Cuadrado, or Dybala.

Sorry, but Mandzukic MVP is laughable.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Mandzukic MVP is definitely not laughable he had a great season, Allegri even switched from 352 because he couldn't bench him. He was the one that brought another dimension to the 4231, seriously how much hard work did he put in. Look at the mass brainwashing happening here. I can get saying Higuain deserve it more, but ridiculizing Mandzukic :disagree: Shame on you.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLamQuNkRTV0fyfpz6Q1QBzUJgQaM5XG48

September: Higuain
October: Buffon
November: Mandzukic
December: Higuain
January: Mandzukic
February: Dybala
March: Cuadrado
April: Dybala
May: probably Dani Alves

Higgy 2, Dybi 2, Mandzo 2

"Mandzukic MVP is laughable" :howler:

- - - Updated - - -

Mandzukic MVP is definitely not laughable he had a great season, Allegri even switched from 352 because he couldn't bench him. He was the one that brought another dimension to the 4231, seriously how much hard work did he put in. Look at the mass brainwashing happening here. I can get saying Higuain deserve it more, but ridiculizing Mandzukic :disagree: Shame on you.
:tup:

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I mean you're allowed to have your opinion and all, but I really can't understand anyone following Juve over the whole season and calling Mandzukic our MVP.

Sure, he's an instrumental and fundamental part of our team right now, but so are others. And he's been frankly shit the first few months of the season.

If you go for constintent contributions overall and favour attacking players, it's gotta be Higuain. But he's been underwhelming in some of our biggest games.

If you go by performing in the most crucial games, it's Dani Alves, he's been out of this world against Barca, Monaco & Lazio.

I can easily see an argument being made for Buffon or Bonucci as well, but Mandzukic? Let's say we just take the last few months since we changed formation for the sake if argument, even then Pjanic, Dani Alves, Dybala have been comfortably better.

Mandzukic MVP ? I mean seriously common. That's a hipster opinion. He has been crucial to our system change and a very significant player for us this season but MVP is just pushing it.
Higuaín has won like near 30 pts on his own in the league for us with his goals. Also scored the crucial goals against Monaco and Napoli in the respective cup semi finals. Deserved MVP in my view.
Mandzukic as my MVP isn't really a hipster opinion and I don't know why people act so shocked. If we lose the goals and assists for a second (even though he has the third most goals in the team) and focus on the single player who changed the whole dynamics of the team, the approach to the game and rebrought the fighting spirit after a lazy start it's gotta be Mandzukic. In every press conference Allegri, Buffon and the rest of the team have been nothing but constant praise for Mandzukic and have been hailing his fighting spirit as an example for the rest of the team, and the key component to why we turned the results upside down. In some games where most players have been playing on 60%, Mandzu has always gone 110% til the final whistle. He has also been the player who has adapted the most to a completely new system and plays it with the utmost professionalism: he is pretty much the only reason this system works so well in every competition, as it would be too daring without players with his tenacity and stamina. He has also been an inspiration in many key games this season: a goal against Monaco in the semis, assist against Barca in the quarters to name a few, but it's his overall contribution in every part of the pitch which counts the most.

Even though Higuain with his goals has brought tons of points to us, let me ask you this: if we had sold Mandzukic and kept playing the 3-5-2 or a 4-3-1-2, would we be on the verge of a treble? I doubt it. How about if we bought some other star striker over Higuain (like Icardi or Belotti) and played a 4-2-3-1 with Mandzukic as LW; would we all of a sudden be way worse? I doubt it. I consider Mandzukic as a much more important cog in the functioning of this team than Higuain.

Those are my reasons, feel free to disagree.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
while i agree that people should not underestimate Mandzukics impact, as i said already, our MVP was definitely Dani Alves. best player in the Champions League this season, enough said really

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Just hand it to Gigi. No one will complain.
Probably the safest choice :D

Ocelbot mean. Emotion-program broken. @lgorTudor
Got no problem with saying he's been your favourite player this season, that's entirely subjective. But he hasn't nearly been our best or most important player.

That's BS.

And I don't wanna disrespect Mandzukic, it's amazing how well he did with the new role, I love his workrate and fighting spirit & as I've already said he's been fundamental and instrumental to our team ever since the new formation.

But he's simply not been our best player, looking at stats or not. First of all, he's been very underwhelming up until the formation change, and in my personal opinion, you can't really be player of the season if you've been shit for half of it.

Of course he's been everything but shit with the new formation, and it suits him extremely well. His main flaws of the first few months, bad finishing and lackluster hold-up play (though his first touch flicks have always been amazing) don't matter much in his new role, while his main strength, his workrate, gets used to full effect. But even just counting the past few months, there have been better players. The only argument as to why he should be regarded as more important than others is that we don't have a back-up for him, but that's not even his own achievement but a combination of the unexpected formation change and Pjaca injury.

He also wanted to sell him to China ::lol3::
Always said in the first few months that if he doesn't turn his performances around, we should sell him. He's done just that in a most impressive way, so kudos to him. But if he had kept playing like he did in autumn, we should've sold him, yes.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
For real, how bout Pjanic though? He was our best and most reliable, most important midfielder this season
I could see an argument for him, but he's been somewhat disappointing during the beginning as well, even though he still delivered the G&As.

I wouldn't call him MVP perhaps, but he's in my top 5 for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)