Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (174 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

" GK- Buffon,Net0
RWB- Dani Alves, Lichtsteiner
CB- Bonucci, Barzagli, Chielini, Benatia, Rugani, Evra
LWB- Alex Sandro, Evra, Asamoah
CM- Marchisio, Pjanic, Khedira, Sturaro, Lemina, Asamoah, Hernanes
FW- Dybala, Higuain, Mandzukic, Pjaca, Zaza

Squad.

Lets say Pogba goes out for 100+ means they have money and space. Possibly, Zaza, Sturaro, Lemina and Hernanes could sold. They could buy one or two more quality players to round up the squad that is already one of the best.

They need a creative dribbler in CM or someone who can box to box on stamina. And a champion player like Theo.

We will miss him."

From the Arsenal forum
Who the fuck is Theo? do they mean Walcott? They cant seriously consider him as a champion...
Box to Box - lets get Hamsik just for fun.. why? because we can :)

Seriously now if we keep Pogba I see us winning the CL

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It's not just the current talent, its the age and re-sale value, Higuaín will have very very little re-sale... but Lukaku is likely go for less than the £65 million.
Lukaku is also not half the player Higuain is...
Higuain is a very strong player while Lukaku is only a good finisher!
Lukaku has the physique and can certainly score but other than that he is really average!
He is definitely a player that should go for some serious cash but I have no regrets on getting Higuain over him! thats like saying G.Jesus is a good player and has great future ahead of him and regret having Messi instead...

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Lukaku is also not half the player Higuain is...
Higuain is a very strong player while Lukaku is only a good finisher!
Lukaku has the physique and can certainly score but other than that he is really average!
He is definitely a player that should go for some serious cash but I have no regrets on getting Higuain over him! thats like saying G.Jesus is a good player and has great future ahead of him and regret having Messi instead...
94 million for a 29 year old though!!!

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Well it is a fortune, but if you take into consideration that it is the only way to improve your squad and you have money wouldnt u do it? Anyway I think that with the Chinese money invasion in one year will be seen as good deal.
He was a monster last season, he could score 40+ goals in the league only if he wouldnt get banned for few matches. He is also only reachable TOP CF for us - Benzema, Aguero, Lewy and Suarez wont leave their clubs. Griezmann will probably only leave for Real or Barca.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Well it is a fortune, but if you take into consideration that it is the only way to improve your squad and you have money wouldnt u do it? Anyway I think that with the Chinese money invasion in one year will be seen as good deal.
He was a monster last season, he could score 40+ goals in the league only if he wouldnt get banned for few matches. He is also only reachable TOP CF for us - Benzema, Aguero, Lewy and Suarez wont leave their clubs. Griezmann will probably only leave for Real or Barca.
He is quality mate, I agree with all that, I just see that fee as silly, suppose you have to factor in the Pogba sale, so that inflates what Juve will spend on a player.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Actually he is 28 for now not 29 and I think its 90M in the end... anyway its definitely a high sum! I personally think paying 90M for any player that isnt called Messi is a real theft but if we spend that kind of sum it needs to be a player that can bring us what we lack and bring it big time - Higuain is definitely the missing piece!

Also if you mentioned it as a Higuain vs Neymar there might have been diferrent opinions here but when it comes to Higuain vs Lukaku where Lukaku is a good finisher but he isnt a better player than Mandzukic and honestly I`m not so sure about his ability to fulfill his potential...
If the truth is to be told we should have got Tevez&Higuain back then and not just Tevez then we would have a younger player and for a very low price for his caliber!

Anyway overspent or not he is the kind of player who can score lots of goals, improve our team, he can stay on top form for at least 3 years, and he is the kind of player we needed in order to win the CL!

The only signing I hoped we wouldnt miss but we did is Ousame Dembele who went to Dortmund! other than that I think Marotta did a fantastic job!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He is quality mate, I agree with all that, I just see that fee as silly, suppose you have to factor in the Pogba sale, so that inflates what Juve will spend on a player.
We're not going for an 11th place finish here, mate. We win our league. Of course we'll have to spend from time to time.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Actually he is 28 for now not 29 and I think its 90M in the end... anyway its definitely a high sum! I personally think paying 90M for any player that isnt called Messi is a real theft but if we spend that kind of sum it needs to be a player that can bring us what we lack and bring it big time - Higuain is definitely the missing piece!

Also if you mentioned it as a Higuain vs Neymar there might have been diferrent opinions here but when it comes to Higuain vs Lukaku where Lukaku is a good finisher but he isnt a better player than Mandzukic and honestly I`m not so sure about his ability to fulfill his potential...
If the truth is to be told we should have got Tevez&Higuain back then and not just Tevez then we would have a younger player and for a very low price for his caliber!

Anyway overspent or not he is the kind of player who can score lots of goals, improve our team, he can stay on top form for at least 3 years, and he is the kind of player we needed in order to win the CL!

The only signing I hoped we wouldnt miss but we did is Ousame Dembele who went to Dortmund! other than that I think Marotta did a fantastic job!
Good post mate, he is quality.

But all seems a bit hypocritical with some trying to justify this fee, while crying about prem clubs spending.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Good post mate, he is quality.

But all seems a bit hypocritical with some trying to justify this fee, while crying about prem clubs spending.
A high fee for a striker who scored 36 Serie A goals is justified. Spending 40m on a generic defender is not. That's where the criticism towards EPL clubs comes from.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
We're not going for an 11th place finish here, mate. We win our league. Of course we'll have to spend from time to time.
Ahh now spending is ok!!!:lol:

If a prem team was spending this on him, you would be crying about prem teams messing up football.

Comical.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Can we not improve on Marchisio and Khedira? I mean they are good players but you can definitely find better players in other top teams (not saying they dont deserve to be here as they totally deserve their spot)
Vidal for Khedira means we have a better midfielder and a better midfield! Verratti instead of Marchisio means we have a better mid
I know those are 2 very though to happen but just like Higuain they are possible!
Also letting go of Zaza and getting a young potentially wc player to be Higuain`s understudy would improve us!

If we are to sell Pogba 80M Verratti 35M Herrera and we are even better / Mascherano Herrera if you want to be more realistic... we should still improve with this..
Also if Vidal wants back I`d take him for the 30M we sold him for

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
icemaη;5336325 said:
Remember when we got Tevez he hadn't scored a CL goal for ages?

- - - Updated - - -

Higuain won't join Napoli's training camp at Dimaro today, as was scheduled. The player to soon fly to Turin. #GdS

- - - Updated - - -

The official announcement of Higuain to Juve is expected before Wednesday. The player should be training at Vinovo next week. #GdS
:juventus:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Ahh now spending is ok!!!:lol:

If a prem team was spending this on him, you would be crying about prem teams messing up football.

Comical.
Even if I agree that this money shouldnt have been spent on 1 player like that it is a signing that will seriously strengthen us!
EPL do it on average players not basing on stats over a long term or anything
Like our friend says Higuain scored 36 goals in 35 games!
Sturridge who has done nothing since he was born was transferred on high fee IIRC
John Stones - Sounds more like a detective than a football player valued at some sky rocket price
Every player who does one trick is valued like he is some kind of god!
The truth is if EPL clubs start doing their shopping abroad they would get same/better players for better prices although they would be unproven in EPL (which shouldnt be a deal breaker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 173)