Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (41 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

juventinovero

Sep 12, 2011
The context is this - you are paying an enormous amount of cash for a 29 yo player, who has shown one constancy thruout his career - the big moments are too big for him. When all is said and done, Juve still won't have that WC striker you said you needed even after paying enough money to buy two such players.

Growing revenues do not make this any less of a careless and even stupid transfer. The question here is not if Juve can afford to pay such a sum for one player but if they are getting their money's worth. Very few players out there are worth such an amount and they are all total game-changers. Higuain is not one of those players.

This feels like Juve/Marotta got emotional and overreacted in an attempt to go for the CL and ended up paying a ton of money for a player, who at most would guarantee them another scudetto, a title you can win with Mandzukic up front and a good back-up for him. You are basically banking on Higuain, out of nowhere at the age of 29, to become a game-changer, who'd elevate Juve to that next level in the CL. That is one bet I would not want a part in, especially not at the expense of 95 mil.

P.S. Of course you are excited as hell - would be the normal human reaction under similar circumstances. But that's approaching the situation with the pure emotions of a fan and emotions are a bad adviser to have in business, which is why I thought this deal was very much out of character for Marotta.
Why don't you reserve your judgement until he actually starts playing for us? This is not a panic buy, our management knows what it's doing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
With all due respect to Higuain all these player mentioned are legends while Higuain is WC but no legend!

P.S Can someone translate this for me - Since I`m not an expert in Italian I understand this article as Marotta convinced Higuain with Gnocchi and something about vegaterians

Juventus, botta e risposta Gnocchi-Appendino su Higuain
JUVENTUS HIGUAIN GNOCCHI APPENDINO / TORINO - Il caso Higuain ha fatto parlare un po' tutti e continuerà a farlo, soprattutto sul web. Si è scritto di tutto e nella folla di Twitter ecco spuntare il messaggio ironico di Gene Gnocchi: "Higuain chiarisce perché ha scelto Torino: Non è stato Marotta, mi ha convinto il progetto dell' Appendino".

La risposta della prima cittadina non si è fatta attendere e, attraverso il suo profilo, ha scritto: "Prima della firma ho rassicurato Higuain: a Torino non metteremo l'asado fuorilegge", con chiaro riferiento alla promozione della dieta vegana e vegetariana, che fa parte del suo programma.
they are legends now yes, Higuain cant be a Juve legend without playing for Juve.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
many players have said that Allegri has straightened them out mentally and psychologically in Europe and we see the difference in ow we play now in Europe than under Conte where we were scared little bitches

if ppl wanna run with this psychological problem gonthalo has, i trust our coach to get under his skin and fix thing

that seems to b the only thing ppl have against higgers...

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
many players have said that Allegri has straightened them out mentally and psychologically in Europe and we see the difference in ow we play now in Europe than under Conte where we were scared little bitches

if ppl wanna run with this psychological problem gonthalo has, i trust our coach to get under his skin and fix thing

that seems to b the only thing ppl have against higgers...
When Tevez came here he had 6 goals in the UCL. In the season with Conte he had 0. And then in one season with Allegri he scored 7. So yeah, Higuain will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)