Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (197 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Not many seem to know but we have the most transfer records set amongst the clubs historically speaking if I recall correctly (since Charles/Sivori up to Baggio/Buffon periods that is, even flop like Ian Rush in 80s was a transfer record). But we allways been amongst the most richest if not richer then except Milan for so long, right up until the turn of the millenia with big marketing boost in England and el clasico duo completely starting to grow insanely and monopolizing the sport financially speaking. We fell behind badly a decade ago for obvious reasons. But so did the rest of the league, without the same excuse, ergo we cant even fully compete financially anymore let alone outdo them as in decades past. Italy have been left behind by modern big bussiness footie big time, we are only ones in the race, but essentially just playing catch up.
Considering what you said, one could argue that this was exactly the moment for such a purchase, as an important part of the team, gk+defence, is on its last 2 seasons in its current format (barzagli and buffon going), that we now take a chance to complete the catchup and jump back into the financial top5, then work our way to continue expanding the brand and increasing mostly commercial + merchandising income.

But personally, for that to work, we'd keep pogba+sign Higuain, for maximum effect, both sportive and financial (long term)

We really need to win a cl comming 3 seasons

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I still want this to be official.

90m seems like a lot but to me, he is the best striker available. He will make a massive difference as he plugs in a hole for us. I liked Mandzu and still do but in terms of goal scoring, Higuain is in a different league.

If we manage to keep Pogba, the start XI has NO real weakness:

352:

----------------------Buffon------------------------

--------Barzagli----Bonucci----Chiellini-----------

Alves----Pjanic----Marchisio----Pogba----Sandro

---------------Dybala-------Higuain----------------

Then we have subs of the quality of Neto, Benatia, Khedira, Asamoah, Mandzukic and Pjaca (who offers tactical change possibilities too).

And if people are thinking that it is impossible to land Higuain without Pogba, you just need to do some numbers. Check this out:

IN Wages + Amortization
ALVES 7
BENATIA 9
PJANIC 15.4
PJACA 8.5
HIGUAIN 37.5
LEMINA 1.9
MANDRAGORA 1
BONUCCI & POGBA RAISE 7
TOTAL 87.3

OUT Wages + Saved Amortization / Gains
CACERES 4
CAUADRADO 5
MORATA 28
ZAZA 20
PEREYRA 15
HERNANES 9
PADOIN 1
COMAN 3
TOTAL 85

NET Increase in Costs = EU2.5mpa
The figures are assuming we offload Zaza for around 28m, Pereyra for 18m and Hernanes for 7m.

In year 2 the costs go up because much of that 85m in savings has 36m in gains from sales. But remember that if Bayern excercise their right to buy Coman the following year, we bag another 20m in profits.

We did EU370m in revenue for FY16. I have calculated that under the above assumptions, we would need to grow our revenue by 10% over 3 years in order to accommodate the extra costs. That is easily doable.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Considering what you said, one could argue that this was exactly the moment for such a purchase, as an important part of the team, gk+defence, is on its last 2 seasons in its current format (barzagli and buffon going), that we now take a chance to complete the catchup and jump back into the financial top5, then work our way to continue expanding the brand and increasing mostly commercial + merchandising income.

But personally, for that to work, we'd keep pogba+sign Higuain, for maximum effect, both sportive and financial (long term)

We really need to win a cl comming 3 seasons
:agree:

We really need this. We need to spend the next 3 years playing SFs in the CL each year, plus a win would really be helpful. If we do that, we can grow our revenue up towards Bayern levels. We won't quite there, but I think we could start coming close with those results.

But we shall see.

- - - Updated - - -

I still want this to be official.

90m seems like a lot but to me, he is the best striker available. He will make a massive difference as he plugs in a hole for us. I liked Mandzu and still do but in terms of goal scoring, Higuain is in a different league.

If we manage to keep Pogba, the start XI has NO real weakness:

352:

----------------------Buffon------------------------

--------Barzagli----Bonucci----Chiellini-----------

Alves----Pjanic----Marchisio----Pogba----Sandro

---------------Dybala-------Higuain----------------

Then we have subs of the quality of Neto, Benatia, Khedira, Asamoah, Mandzukic and Pjaca (who offers tactical change possibilities too).

And if people are thinking that it is impossible to land Higuain without Pogba, you just need to do some numbers. Check this out:

IN Wages + Amortization
ALVES 7
BENATIA 9
PJANIC 15.4
PJACA 8.5
HIGUAIN 37.5
LEMINA 1.9
MANDRAGORA 1
BONUCCI & POGBA RAISE 7
TOTAL 87.3

OUT Wages + Saved Amortization / Gains
CACERES 4
CAUADRADO 5
MORATA 28
ZAZA 20
PEREYRA 15
HERNANES 9
PADOIN 1
COMAN 3
TOTAL 85

NET Increase in Costs = EU2.5mpa
The figures are assuming we offload Zaza for around 28m, Pereyra for 18m and Hernanes for 7m.

In year 2 the costs go up because much of that 85m in savings has 36m in gains from sales. But remember that if Bayern excercise their right to buy Coman the following year, we bag another 20m in profits.

We did EU370m in revenue for FY16. I have calculated that under the above assumptions, we would need to grow our revenue by 10% over 3 years in order to accommodate the extra costs. That is easily doable.
:tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:agree:

We really need this. We need to spend the next 3 years playing SFs in the CL each year, plus a win would really be helpful. If we do that, we can grow our revenue up towards Bayern levels. We won't quite there, but I think we could start coming close with those results.

But we shall see.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:
When we look at turnover and appeal, Bayeren is doing rather well in that "one team league" where they milk all others for their best players low cost.

Ideally we win a CL and grow our revenue over 450mil, close to 500mil (yes thats alot). And by the time that happens, One of the shitty the fuck competitors in serie a got its shit togheter and actually becomes a challenge.

Kinda hope its Milan so everyone can be like "look how much better they are without Berlusconi and Galliani". I dont want to hear those two go all Moggi on criticism

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
My first thought was 94mil Fck No! But now I'm hoping for this deal to be official. He is the top CF we need, and the fact that we apparently can splash this kind of money is still better than not even having that option I guess.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
How do you know this?
You are right in that it is a consensus forecast. However, in the first 3 quarters, we reported EU291m in revenue or ~EU97m per quarter. The full year forecast therefore assumes ~EU80m in Q4 revenue which seems conservative given we reported (103m in Q4 (probably includes Champions league final) last year and 75m in Q4 the previous year). So 370m in full year revenue is a fair assumption.

Over the last 3 years, we have grown our Revenue by 40%, or 12%pa. So assuming our revenue grows by a Total of 10% over the next 3 years or 3%pa is entirely plausible.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what my worry is? We know that Atletico Madrid was after Higuain. The basis for the rumor surrounding his transfer to Juventus is based on a medical he took in Madrid. Could it be that he is going to Atletico Madrid and not Juventus?

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
You are right in that it is a consensus forecast. However, in the first 3 quarters, we reported EU291m in revenue or ~EU97m per quarter. The full year forecast therefore assumes ~EU80m in Q4 revenue which seems conservative given we reported (103m in Q4 (probably includes Champions league final) last year and 75m in Q4 the previous year). So 370m in full year revenue is a fair assumption.

Over the last 3 years, we have grown our Revenue by 40%, or 12%pa. So assuming our revenue grows by a Total of 10% over the next 3 years or 3%pa is entirely plausible.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what my worry is? We know that Atletico Madrid was after Higuain. The basis for the rumor surrounding his transfer to Juventus is based on a medical he took in Madrid. Could it be that he is going to Atletico Madrid and not Juventus?
Atletico has like 100 million euro less revenue than us, they are insane if they do this.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is that Atletico offer of 60 + 2 players was ADL bullshit. Unless they offered 60 + 2nd and 3rd keeper.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Atletico has like 100 million euro less revenue than us, they are insane if they do this.
But Atletico also follows a similar model to us, and probably does it a bit better, with opportunistic signings and procuring young talents. So although they make less revenue than we do, they just might have enough to be able to facilitate such a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 196)