Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (175 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We also spent a decent amount even when we lost Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal last year.
We actually spent quite a bit, if I remember correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

What if we offered 94 mln for Griezmann... hmm... :tuttosport:
You'd have to convince him to come here, though.

Activating a clause means nothing if the player doesn't want to come.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I really don't like these numbers. Brilliant striker but hardly 94m brilliant.

He evidently is not able to cope with pressure so how's he going to cope with the expectation that follows such a senseless and incredibly boated transfer fee?

I want to be wrong about this but I'd rather the rumours be wrong right now.
This. I fear it's a Torres at Chelsea, and Torres at Liverpool was a (much) better player than Higuian at Napoli imo.

I hope i'm wrong.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
What if we offered 94 mln for Griezmann... hmm... :tuttosport:
His release clause is only 6m more. It's madness if we are spending that sort of money that we didn't go for the younger, more marketable player with a lot more potential and already a better player.

If a Europa team in dreary Manchester can get Pogba to leave Juventus then I don't see why we couldn't work out terms with Griezemann. Posters here act like no players from any top Spanish/German/English leagues want to come to a team like Juventus which is frankly absurd.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I really don't like these numbers. Brilliant striker but hardly 94m brilliant.

He evidently is not able to cope with pressure so how's he going to cope with the expectation that follows such a senseless and incredibly bloated transfer fee?

I want to be wrong about this but I'd rather the rumours be wrong right now.
I agree that we overpaid for him. But he's not going to have the same pressure here when there are so many champions around him. Napoli supporters are crazy. You remember they booed Insigne 2 seasons ago even though he was playing OK? they were expecting more only because he is from Naples.

Sep 13, 2015
Last season spendings:

Paulo Dybala £27.20m
Alex Sandro £22.10m
Mario Mandzukic £16.15m
Simone Zaza £15.30m
Roberto Pereyra £11.90m
Hernanes £11.05m

Departures:

Arturo Vidal £31.45m
Angelo Ogbonna £9.35m
Tevez £5.53m
Pirlo free

Profits are even higher this year. We sold Morata for 30 mill but we also bought Pjanic for around 30+ mill. Alves is free and we need to pay for Benatia next year, so there should be space for more signings.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Some of u cry too much

He's too old
He's to expensive
He's chokes
He does this
He does that

U are all ungrateful ! We are building a super team, stop hating and enjoy ! It's non of our business how much they spend. It's not our money !

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
His release clause is only 6m more. It's madness if we are spending that sort of money that we didn't go for the younger, more marketable player with a lot more potential and already a better player.

If a Europa team in dreary Manchester can get Pogba to leave Juventus then I don't see why we couldn't work out terms with Griezemann. Posters here act like no players from any top Spanish/German/English leagues want to come to a team like Juventus which is frankly absurd.
It's not because it's Juve... but because Serie A is garbage.
Who wants to play in crappy stadiums that were built for World Cup 1990 and half of them aren't even semi-full except against Juve?
EPL is a lot more competitive and glamorous... nothing we can do about it. and there's more money there...

Don't forget that our largest salary goes to Pogs and is 4.5 per season... up until now wages like 7-8 a year weren't an option.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
This. I fear it's a Torres at Chelsea, and Torres at Liverpool was a (much) better player than Higuian at Napoli imo.

I hope i'm wrong.
Nowhere near the same comparison. Do you realize Torres was injury riddled with Pool for almost a year until he made his move to Chelsea ?

Higuain is coming off his best season in his career by far. He was the best player in the league last season.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
and we need to pay for Benatia next year, so there should be space for more signings.
Ive already pointed this out but installments aren't to free up capital. Juventus will put the second installment in the bank now so it will accrue interest over the course of the year. So basically even though it says that Juventus are paying in two installments the full fee will be taken out of Juventus transfer money this year.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
You know what? This kind of transfer isn't just an investment in Higuaín. It's an investment into our image. This says to the world that we're back at the big table and back for good. We're not a stepping stone - we're a big-time club and y'all better watch out because we're coming for that CL trophy.

Also to be honest I do hate Napoli but I'm happy to see this money stay in Italy. I now expect Napoli to make a move for Cavani and hopefully they will buy within Italy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 175)