Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (176 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You're missing my point, whether Pogba wants to leave or not is irrelevant. I am upset with how we are spending the money. To swap Pogba for Higuain is crazy.

We didn't have to get a direct replacement for Pogba but we should have paid less for Higuain. I think the money could have been spent much more wisely.
Well, let's look at it this way.

Morata was sold, and that money was used on Pjanic.

Alves was Free

Benatia was 3 million upfront

Pjaca was 23 million.

So right now we are looking at, just in rudimentary numbers, because I know it goes much deeper than that and I am not a financial expert when it comes to amortization and depreciation and the like.

It looks to me as if our cash outlay is around 30 million so far, and we are a +3 in regards to reinforcements.

Higuain, if what is to be believed with the numbers, is 94 million spread out in 2 payment, but for the sake of argument let's make it 94 million

94 + 30= 124 million.

Add in the 17 million option on Bentia and now you have 144 million total.

Pogba gets sold for 120 milion. That would be a total net spend of 24 million Euros, selling 2 players and bringing in 5, still putting us at a +3.

I think we know that Zaza, Pererya, and the like will be sold.

It is still possible to get another midfielder or 2 with whatever budget they have for themselves, without the inclusion of any sales. If you look at it in the big picture, even if Pogba were to go, this team is still absolutely stacked.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Man you really are a grade A wankball. A chunk of the money?? If the rumoured figures are to be believed we will have 6 million left over after Higuain.

And this whole argument that 'there are no other world class 9s on the market' is literally the dumbest argument ever. Higuain would have been lumped in that category with his 94 million release clause but hey look a that! For 100million there are lots of world class players available. We overpaid massively
We're not selling Pogba for 100M euros you dopey fuck, we already rejected an offer around that.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
'fizziest drink in the fridge' Jesus. You must have been bullied a lot.

You're telling me we're using a chunk of the Pogba money for a World Class #9? Oh $#@! the HORROR.

Idiots like you would be up in arms if we sold Pogba and turned around to say "Sorry, there's not really anybody in the market. So we won't be reinvesting it this Summer"

There's no other, let me capitalise that for you, NO OTHER World class #9 on the market anywhere. We've just addressed our only $#@!ing weak spot in the team, replacing a past it Mandzukic with a man who just broke a 60 year old Serie A goalscoring record. You should be grateful we didn't penny pinch, sign a couple of nobodies for 40-50M and call it a day.

"Stupidest piece of business in footballing history" Get a grip. Pathetic comment.
Bravo!

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Oh and do tell me about all of the other World Class players available for 100M

And keep in mind we need no defenders, no SS/#10 types because they occupy the same space as Dybala so Griezmann/Sanchez etc are irrelevant. And the top Bayern/Barca/Madrid players are out of bounds.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
its about putting matches to bed early which alot of times we struggled to do....and this is sorely needed in europe where we need to b in a position to control the game better...remember the agony at not finishing top in our group and the direction it sent us?

anyway be real..Pogba if he did stay, will not stay for more than one year...i rather help Gigi get that CL than Pogba get that Balon D'Or

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think his record speaks for itself. Sure, he has the most goals in Serie A but what does that mean in a Europe perspective? Absolutely nothing.

Are we closer to winning the CL? Yes.

Could we have gotten a better player for 94 mill? Yes.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
its about putting matches to bed early which alot of times we struggled to do....and this is sorely needed in europe where we need to b in a position to control the game better...remember the agony at not finishing top in our group and the direction it sent us?

anyway be real..Pogba if he did stay, will not stay for more than one year...i rather help Gigi get that CL than Pogba get that Balon D'Or
:agree:

Pogba has one foot out of the door constantly, why cling on to him only to lose him for half the price in 2 years time. No thanks. Good bye and have fun in fucking Manchester.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think his record speaks for itself. Sure, he has the most goals in Serie A but what does that mean in a Europe perspective? Absolutely nothing.

Are we closer to winning the CL? Yes.

Could we have gotten a better player for 94 mill? Yes.
You are redeemed. :p

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Best point made in the last 65 pages :tup:

Likewise, how many goals did we score late in the 2nd half to finally put the game to rest. Doing so earlier allows us to dictate the pace of the game.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

I'd rather sell Pogs and not share our potential treble with him. Specially knowing he is looking to leave any second.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
Some posts on United forum about our signing of Higuain for 94 million. They are literally laughing at us.

"I can't believe Higuain is valued at that price. I honestly couldn't care less what price players are transferred for but logically thats mad money for a player of 29 years of age and someone who in my opinion is not in the top tier of strikers in the world"

"Agreed 100%. €94m for a 29 year old striker who, while I really like him, I wouldn't rank in the top five at the moment."

"If Hiquian is being bought for €94m then I have no idea why people are complaining €120m is too much for Pogba."

"Crazy money for Higuian. Heard they were trying to do a deal for €60mill and a player but Napoli were having none of it so then they had to go and activate the release clause.

Surely Pogba is soon to be sold off if they're dishing out that money for him. I know Higuain scored a lot of goals last season but surely you would imagine there are cheaper alternatives to him out there.

I admit I've been one saying the price Juventus were asking for Pogba was excessive (a lot due to Raiola) but paying 90+million for a player who only three years ago was bought from Real Madrid for like 35million is bonkers"

"Feels like Pogba could be a bargain now lol

Besides the age, Its pure mad money for Hiquian who only had really one outstanding season where as the most of his career blows hot and cold. "

"The price we were rumoured to be offering for Pogba irked me a little but I really didnt care.

But now after Higuain's price tag, i couldn't give a bloody f**k. Give them whatever - compared to Higuain, the price rumoured is a bargain!!!"

"If Hiquian is being bought for €94m then I have no idea why people are complaining €120m is too much for Pogba."

"Juventus are bat shit insane to pay 94 million for Higuain considering we're getting Pogba for 120. Im laughing and delighted with their idiocy"

"Wouldnt want to be a Juventus supporter. 94 million for a one season wonder who is notoriously hot and cold and a choker? Yeah we'll take Pogba thanks and spend that money however you want, you crazy bastards"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 175)