Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (177 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Napoli's VP: "Higuain? There is a clause, if it's payed and the player wants to leave, there's nothing we can do"

Exactly what Sabatini said a month ago before we signed Pjanic.

Guess triggering release clauses is :beppe:'s new hobby :shifty:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I agree that El Pipita is an improvement over Mandzu.

But regarding the money, giving it a bit more thought, I think we definitely are looking to include pereyra (18M) and zaza (25-30M) in the deal and put on top 46M cash. Higuain is pushing for a move and :beppe: saw an opportunity.

Straight up paying the release clause instalments or not? I don't think thats gonna happen. Otherwise imagine Beppe getting an email from Daddy Elkann saying he has 94M available. He would be like a kid in Christmas calling half Europe to get their top forwards.

Unless of course Pogba is already gone :cry:
:agree: with all of this.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
There's no way in hell we'd pay 94m for him and rightfully so. He's WC player but 29 yo ffs and chocked at every major occasion. The guy who has scored 23 goals in 80 apps in Europe doesn't provide any kind of guarantee for our CL aspirations.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Edoardo DL: "#Higuain's clause does exist. If they[#Juve] pay & #Higuain wants to leave, we can do nothing."

@romeoagresti on @TopPlanet63 : "#Allegri explicitly requested for #Higuain because he's a strong [goalscorer]."

- - - Updated - - -

@romeoagresti : "#Juve endure a difficult relationship with #PSG [for #Cavani] & that's why Juve are OK to pay #Higuain's RC in 2 yrs

- - - Updated - - -

.@romeoagresti on @TopPlanet63 : "If #Juve sign #Higuain, it will be v difficult for Juve to retain #Mandzukic. He won't have space."
Yes, do it Beppe !!! Buy Gon-za-looo, and let Mandzu fuck of his overrated ass to la-la-la-tap-in-from-three-metters-land if he wishes so (horrible in Euro 2016 by the way).
I was dreaming at the and of last season about HiguaIN and how he is the missing piece in the unsolvable puzzle called concurring Europe but I thought it was a hopeless fantasy. I cannot think of any better CF in the world right now who on theory should complete our attack force with Dybala. It may not work and we may fail again in CL but let at least try our best. I am against this move only if Pogba is sold.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Yes, do it Beppe !!! Buy Gon-za-looo, and let Mandzu fuck of his overrated ass to la-la-la-tap-in-from-three-metters-land if he wishes so (horrible on Euro 2016 by the way).
I was dreaming at the and of last season about HiguaIN and how he is the missing piece in the unsolvable puzzle called concurring Europe but I thought it was a hopeless fantasy. I cannot think of any better CF in the world right now who on theory should complete our attack force with Dybala. It may not work and we may fail again in CL but let at least try our best. I am against this move only if Pogba is sold.
Yes, Higuain has impeccable goalscoring record in Europe :agree:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Ridiculous to not want Morata for another 30-40 million on top of the 20 we originally paid. People really underestimated his value and potential here. Pogba is worth 120 million +, and people thought a 23 year old Morata wasn't worth over 50 mil. :lol:

I'm beginning to wonder though if Madrid just refused to entertain any notion of selling him. There's that possibility that Zidane wanted him in the squad to see what he can do, give him a year there, and then maybe sell him on after that if he doesn't live up to expectations. Being a homegrown player, an academy product, and a fairly marketable guy... I could see them having refused to negotiate for him at all, especially considering we don't want to sell them Pogba.

- - - Updated - - -

Malta. Eat some more potatoes. Get in positive mood. Go full muppet.
I can't on this, hoochie mama.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Ridiculous to not want Morata for another 30-40 million on top of the 20 we originally paid. People really underestimated his value and potential here. Pogba is worth 120 million +, and people thought a 23 year old Morata wasn't worth over 50 mil. :lol:

I'm beginning to wonder though if Madrid just refused to entertain any notion of selling him. There's that possibility that Zidane wanted him in the squad to see what he can do, give him a year there, and then maybe sell him on after that if he doesn't live up to expectations. Being a homegrown player, an academy product, and a fairly marketable guy... I could see them having refused to negotiate for him at all, especially considering we don't want to sell them Pogba..
This is really funny, isn't it? For the amount, people here have justified how Juve shouldn't be spending beyond reason on a guy like Morata, and how for the last five years, I've seen us intellectualise our finances, to a point where suddenly 94m on a 28 year old player is being justified like we are buying cattle. Funny how this forum swings one end to the other end of the spectrum at times like these. Hilarious really. :D

OP
Alex-444

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,570
    Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Juventus will have to activate Higuain's release clause (€95m) to sign him. Napoli won't negotiate.:numnum:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    There is something extremely fishy about this transfer. Don't know why papers are not reporting that the release clause is too much for Juve which in reality it is.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
    Yes, Higuain has impeccable goalscoring record in Europe :agree:
    Tevez also did not perform well in Europe before Juve.. And Higuain plays in fucking garbage circus that is not exactly a powerhouse in Europe. He played before that in RM - a club which sole existence right now is to serve Ronaldo who probably shots 1000 times per year..No one of his teammates can take the ball in the presence of this self-absorbed asshole. The fact is that Higuain scored 36 goals in Seria A and broke a record standing 66 years.Whoa..

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    There is something extremely fishy about this transfer. Don't know why papers are not reporting that the release clause is too much for Juve which in reality it is.
    I think it's just the fact that it can be paid in two instalments. There's probably all there is to it and Juve are comfortable doing that.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

I'm beginning to wonder though if Madrid just refused to entertain any notion of selling him. There's that possibility that Zidane wanted him in the squad to see what he can do, give him a year there, and then maybe sell him on after that if he doesn't live up to expectations. Being a homegrown player, an academy product, and a fairly marketable guy... I could see them having refused to negotiate for him at all, especially considering we don't want to sell them Pogba.

- - - Updated - - -

Malta. Eat some more potatoes. Get in positive mood. Go full muppet.
    Ffs forget the 20 mio we already paid. If we offered Real another 40 mio. For Morata it means we would value him at 70 mio. Thats as ridiculos as paying 94 mio for Higuain.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    This is really funny, isn't it? For the amount, people here have justified how Juve shouldn't be spending beyond reason on a guy like Morata, and how for the last five years, I've seen us intellectualise our finances, to a point where suddenly 94m on a 28 year old player is being justified like we are buying cattle. Funny how this forum swings one end to the other end of the spectrum at times like these. Hilarious really. :D
    It's crazy. I can't really comprehend the idea we could actually sign Higuain... It seems to foreign to the reality we've experienced. I mean, 2 years ago, Conte was lamenting the fact that we were dining in the 100 euro restaurant with 10 euros, and Beppe was saying how he hoped one day Juventus would be able to spend 30-40 million on a single player, and now just 2 years later, the media wants us to believe we are willing to spend 94 million on a 28 year old world class striker? Insanity. If this happens, I'll feel like I've been shifted through some gateway into an alternate reality, where calciopoli never happened and we've won a few CL over the last 10 years. :shifty:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    I think it's just the fact that it can be paid in two instalments. There's probably all there is to it and Juve are comfortable doing that.
    They can but they won't normally. This would be an oil club-ish move.

I am pretty stunned to read pretty much every source reporting we'd be ready to pay the clause.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Ffs forget the 20 mio we already paid. If we offered Real another 40 mio. For Morata it means we would value him at 70 mio. Thats as ridiculos as paying 94 mio for Higuain.
    No it's not. Morata had a more commercial aspect to him, and we would get 10 years of service out him, not to mention sell more shirts than we would with Higusin. The opportunity cost in Moratas deal would reduce the variables of recovery. With Higuain, it's winning a CL that makes him pay that cost.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 177)