Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (178 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
.@romeoagresti:"Higuain, Dybala, Pjaca & Immobile could be the Juventus strikers for this season."

- - - Updated - - -

@romeoagresti: "I don't see a future for Berardi at Juventus."

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
The money argument is simple. Our management isn't going to $#@! over the sustainable long-term project they have built, just to sign one world class player. If we did sign someone like Higuain, it's because we can easily afford to do so, even if he were to flop, which he won't.

And it's pretty damn obvious Higuain would improve our team. I bash him all the time, but he's a massive improvement on Mandzu (who I love), just broke the all-time record for goals in Serie A, while missing 3 games.

We'd be ostensible CL favourites for next year if we sign him and retain Pogba. National Team stuff is completely irrelevant, they play together for a few weeks a year... As is what he did in CL 3+ years ago at Madrid. He was decent in CL for Napoli the one season they played there. I have no doubt at all, he'd crush the CL with this team of ours surrounding him, and the chemistry they'd develop over the course of a campaign.

Do I think we should spend 94 mil on him? $#@! no. I want us to get him for 60-70 mil.

But will I be upset if management decides he is worth spending 94 mil on? Absolutely not. The number is completely besides the point, if we were to sign him.
I agree that El Pipita is an improvement over Mandzu.

But regarding the money, giving it a bit more thought, I think we definitely are looking to include pereyra (18M) and zaza (25-30M) in the deal and put on top 46M cash. Higuain is pushing for a move and :beppe: saw an opportunity.

Straight up paying the release clause instalments or not? I don't think thats gonna happen. Otherwise imagine Beppe getting an email from Daddy Elkann saying he has 94M available. He would be like a kid in Christmas calling half Europe to get their top forwards.

Unless of course Pogba is already gone :cry:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
.@romeoagresti:"Higuain, Dybala, Pjaca & Immobile could be the Juventus strikers for this season."
@romeoagresti: "I don't see a future for Berardi at Juventus."
Berardi has no future here. Agree with Agresti.

I loled so hard when I read that. Some people have completely lost touch with the real world.
100m Euro release clause. My god that must be funny.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Cavani is not available. Stop saying Cavani, Cavani Cavani.

Not available. :D

So then who are you left with? Griezmann. Nope. No $#@!ing way that Atletico sells, and he is too similar to Dybala to begin with. Adebayoyofruitcup who plays for Dortmund? After all their losses this year, you think they would be
wanting to sell yet another key player?

Morata? Nope. Real Madrid were taking him back no matter what, and what this shows me, much to my chagrin, is that the board DID have the money to pay what Real wanted, but they didn't see Morata as the solution. We wouldn't be having this discussion if they did.

So. Who else do you have?

Sanchez? Nope. Not a #9 or a pure goal scorer, which is what we need next to Dybala.

Yes. 94 million is an absurd price. I get it. I also get that a Higuain on this team makes us a favorite for the CL for the next 3-4 years. And that might be the cost of doing business.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not quite sure what one has to do with the other?

Did Higuain demand that they NOT purchase Pereyra?
:lol:
They want us not to have the money for Higuain... but its ridiculous as we can easily buy him before they pay for Pereyra and then when we have Higuain I guess theyll want Pereyra again...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I wonder if Higuain muppets are the same ppl who were opposed to paying 35mil for Morata because it's too much
Ridiculous to not want Morata for another 30-40 million on top of the 20 we originally paid. People really underestimated his value and potential here. Pogba is worth 120 million +, and people thought a 23 year old Morata wasn't worth over 50 mil. :lol:

I'm beginning to wonder though if Madrid just refused to entertain any notion of selling him. There's that possibility that Zidane wanted him in the squad to see what he can do, give him a year there, and then maybe sell him on after that if he doesn't live up to expectations. Being a homegrown player, an academy product, and a fairly marketable guy... I could see them having refused to negotiate for him at all, especially considering we don't want to sell them Pogba.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully we won't then. I can't believe this is even being discussed. :lol:
Malta. Eat some more potatoes. Get in positive mood. Go full muppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 177)