Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (179 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
That's a point I wanted to mention. Higuain has seriously porked out since he arrived in Italy. Too much carbonara I'd say.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
If we want to do something crazy in the attack imo we should gamble on Lukaku for about 50m. Younger, much lower fee, lower salary. And most importantly: If he flops, we easily can sell him back to the PL for something between 30m-40m, which makes the gamble be less extreme than it seems. Easily. The other option would be to go strongly after Icardi and overpay to get him.

Higuain for 94mln is just crazy, just nuts, just mind-blowingly stupid. He will be soon 29, his last season could very well be just an exception and he also has a track-record of failing in the CL, signing him to make the difference in the CL would be like signing Ibra to make the difference in the CL. Ironically shortly before Higuain moved to Napoli we passed on signing him after meeting Real, because we deemed the 37m as to high of a price, not because we couldnt afford it, but because we didnt want to.

Signing Higuain for 94m is something not even the EPL overspenders would do. It's that crazy. It would set a dangerous precedent for the future as well, prices for Juve in the years to come would grow dramatically in Italy alone.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We are not getting this guy, and Fabio's words about how we have already bought the possible replacements of Bonucci and Pogba are worrying to say the least.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Personally Im hoping all the rumors are false up to this point.

I don't want Higuain at the expense of our best players going the other way (Pogba/Bonucci , nor young prospects such as Rugani). Just as I don't see him worth anything above 60 million either. So I really do hope Paratici's statements are exactly what they sounded like.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
#Paratici: "Many top clubs want #Pogba/#Bonucci for example. We are prepared with replacements [if it's necessary].

- - - Updated - - -

This sounds more believable than the previous translations posted here.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He mentioned *IF

Purely hypothetical if you ask me.
“No, I don’t think so. All big clubs know that their top players can receive enticing offers. We at Juve, for example, have Bonucci and Pogba who are highly sought-after by many clubs and we have prepared for eventual replacements. That is what Napoli will be doing as well, certainly."

He didn't, at least on the translated article by FI, but I'm not saying we're going to sell both of them. I just found his comments a bit worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 178)