Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (66 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Before everybody goes full retard. If the rumour of us paying Higuains release clause is tru it means that Pogba is going to MUFC. There is no way we are going to sign Higuain, Pjanic, Pjaca, Alves, Gabigoal, Lemina and Benatia without letting go of Paul.

Higuain is a WC CF and he would work really well with Dybala. On the other hand he is one of the most disgusting bitchy players in the world. He is not worth losing Pogba over. However considering the latest development with us rumored to splash the cash, I suspect Pogbas transfer to United is already done, so it might be to late to go back.
Could be so. With Pereyra, Zaza probably leaving to. If we want we can sell Lemina for around 20 million euros to. That would mean Money for Higuain, Pjaca and another CM. Who is the question, my pick would bee Hamsik. But whats the chance of taking both Higuain and Hamsik lol. Second pick would be Mascherano, not the same player, but would give our midfield much class.

Andre Gomes no thanks. Witsel is okey but no tanks. Kovacic nah. If Pogba leaves we need a worldclass midfielder.

Lets hope we keep Pogba. If Pogba out mean Higuain in. Then I would keep Pogba and buy Gabriel Barbosa and Pjaca instead. And sell Pereyra, Zaza instead, even Lemina if we have to.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nah. To all of this. Nedved was 2x cheaper when the market was half the price.

Going by transfer market inflation, with the idea that Pogba is worth 120 mil euros or more... Higuain is worth 80 mil euros. Now, 94 million is overpriced, but by nowhere near as much as y'all are suggesting. He just broke the all-time Serie A goalscoring record, and while he has had trouble scoring in big matches in the past, Juventus would be the perfect setting for him in my opinion. I think he'd destroy every competition with this club and the support structure it has.

He's also 28. Stop this nonsense about 29. He isn't.
nope, we all know why Pogba is worth 120M. if he was 29, no one would pay that.

also 28, 29 same shit. hes not young enough to have a resale value to make it worth it, hes not marketable enough for it to be worth it. definitely wouldnt pay over 60M (including bonuses) for him

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
If Pogba has gone, then I expect another big signing in midfield. Established or not, doesn't matter, but there will be another signing. Gomes. Kovavic, Mascherano etc ec etc eclectic etc.
I think you are right. There will be one more prolific signing in midfield if Pogba is gone. I think it would be somebody reasonable young, considering how much the club did to lover the average age last year. If the rumored transfers goes through the age of the indvinding players are:
Alves: 33
Benatia: 29
Higuain: 28
Pjanic: 26
Pjaca: 21
Barbosa: 19

Out:
Pogba: 23
Morata: 23
Zaza: 24
Pereyra: 25
Maybe Lemina: 22

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
nope, we all know why Pogba is worth 120M. if he was 29, no one would pay that.

also 28, 29 same shit. hes not young enough to have a resale value to make it worth it, hes not marketable enough for it to be worth it. definitely wouldnt pay over 60M (including bonuses) for him
If our management truly believes his form this season isn't an anomaly, but his standard for the next few years, than yes, he is worth 80 million. You don't need resale value on a player who can give you 3-4 years at the very top and potentially push you over the top to a CL victory.

Zidane was obviously much better, but coming off a shit season for him, Real Madrid absolutely smashed the transfer record for him at 29 years old, 15 years ago. And they won another CL because of it.

Superstars in their prime, when they actually come up for sale, are worth a fortune, resale value isn't a factor at all.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
Nah. To all of this. Nedved was 2x cheaper when the market was half the price.

Going by transfer market inflation, with the idea that Pogba is worth 120 mil euros or more... Higuain is worth 80 mil euros. Now, 94 million is overpriced, but by nowhere near as much as y'all are suggesting. He just broke the all-time Serie A goalscoring record, and while he has had trouble scoring in big matches in the past, Juventus would be the perfect setting for him in my opinion. I think he'd destroy every competition with this club and the support structure it has.

He's also 28. Stop this nonsense about 29. He isn't.

I certainly don't want us to pay 94 mil for him, but i'd be perfectly fine with 75-80 mil with how the market is going. Especially if we could toss some players in to lower that.

As well, our club isn't going to make this move if we don't have the money for it and our management doesn't think he is worth it.

It's stupid complaining about transfer fees. We will pay what we can afford. Agnelli isn't going to authorize Beppe potentially bankrupting the club if Higuain can't perform. So if we really want him, and can afford 94 mil, and do this, I don't see why anyone would complain. It's not your money.
Opportunity cost.

Think on how many Matris you can buy with 94M

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If our management truly believes his form this season isn't an anomaly, but his standard for the next few years, than yes, he is worth 80 million. You don't need resale value on a player who can give you 3-4 years at the very top and potentially push you over the top to a CL victory.

Zidane was obviously much better, but coming off a shit season for him, Real Madrid absolutely smashed the transfer record for him at 29 years old, 15 years ago. And they won another CL because of it.

Superstars in their prime, when they actually come up for sale, are worth a fortune, resale value isn't a factor at all.
i cant see us paying the clause, no matter the managements opinion on his performances next few years. cant see us doing it for one player whoever he is.

i wouldnt compare him to Zidane either. Real was desperate to have the biggest star in their team, and he was their only spending that summer. different situation to us now

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
This is making me sad. There are too many reports about this. If there's any semblance of truth in this, to me it is 100% Pogba is gone this season.

And this is a bad way to spend the incoming money.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it's two horrible news in one. Pogba is leaving AND we're doing something stupid with the money.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Before everybody goes full retard. If the rumour of us paying Higuains release clause is tru it means that Pogba is going to MUFC. There is no way we are going to sign Higuain, Pjanic, Pjaca, Alves, Gabigoal, Lemina and Benatia without letting go of Paul.

Higuain is a WC CF and he would work really well with Dybala. On the other hand he is one of the most disgusting bitchy players in the world. He is not worth losing Pogba over. However considering the latest development with us rumored to splash the cash, I suspect Pogbas transfer to United is already done, so it might be to late to go back.
Ill keep believeing we will stand our ground,, do not sell Pogba, and get the money for all the transfer somehow. Dont ask me how.

If the board wants to have a shot at the CL, the first step is to keep our core from last season, and Pogba is at the center of it.

Ill keep believing,

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i cant see us paying the clause, no matter the managements opinion on his performances next few years. cant see us doing it for one player whoever he is.

i wouldnt compare him to Zidane either. Real was desperate to have the biggest star in their team, and he was their only spending that summer. different situation to us now
I don't see it either, to be honest.

All I'm saying, is that if they were to somehow do it, our management has earned our trust over the last 5 years. If they deem it worthwhile, so do I.

I'm not fussed one way or the other.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Ill keep believeing we will stand our ground,, do not sell Pogba, and get the money for all the transfer somehow. Dont ask me how.

If the board wants to have a shot at the CL, the first step is to keep our core from last season, and Pogba is at the center of it.

Ill keep believing,
Man it is getting really clear that the guy is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)