Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (195 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
And what other solutions would there be?

That's the thing. There are none. Cavani, nor his agent, have not stated that they won't renew. Wenger won't sell Sanchez. Higuain and his agent have come out and said that they are not renewing. That right there put the ball in Napoli's court.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone said that we could get Cavani for 47 million....................................

I'm not naming names

@baggio :D
Almost anyone can be bought with that money and Wenger requested Rugani for the second year now. He'd carry Sanchez over here for that kind of money.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I certainly wouldn't mind Cavani, but for 47 million?

We would NEVER get him for that low.
Why not brother? PSG wouldn't be making a loss, and he's not going to fetch much more than 50m at best. We are selling Perreyra and maybe Lemina too, wth Zaza, Cavani is doable AF. 47m is a realistic valuation IMO. Guy is 29 this season too. PSG don't value him the way they did when they bought him for 60m three seasons ago.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I guess what I am trying to say, is that we as a club would have a better chance to include these three players in a deal for Higuain, then trying to sell them off separately and then trying to get a top class striker.

I can't see anyone outside of Italy taking a combination of these three for a deal for their top strikers.

This could be the Granddaddy of all "opportunity transfers"

- - - Updated - - -

Why not brother? PSG wouldn't be making a loss, and he's not going to fetch much more than 50m at best. We are selling Perreyra and maybe Lemina too, wth Zaza, Cavani is doable AF. 47m is a realistic valuation IMO. Guy is 29 this season too. PSG don't value him the way they did when they bought him for 60m three seasons ago.
I don't see them selling him for 47 million. Strikers are in short supply

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I guess what I am trying to say, is that we as a club would have a better chance to include these three players in a deal for Higuain, then trying to sell them off separately and then trying to get a top class striker.

I can't see anyone outside of Italy taking a combination of these three for a deal for their top strikers.

This could be the Granddaddy of all "opportunity transfers"

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see them selling him for 47 million. Strikers are in short supply
What do you think Cavani would cost all things considered?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What do you think Cavani would cost all things considered?
Mid to high 50's. And that is just in cash.

That is what I am saying. Player exchange to help defray the cost of a top striker will most likely only happen with Napoli, and for Higuain.

- - - Updated - - -

For that money, it'd be better to get Grizou or Alvaro
Except for Griezmann or Alvaro it would be all cash. They won't accept player exchanges. The only player that either club would be interested in would be Rugani, and even still, you are talking about shelling out much more money

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
This shit is all a plot by De Laurentiis so he can be the Napoli hero who turned down the evil Juventus bid of 100m for their star player.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Mid to high 50's. And that is just in cash.

That is what I am saying. Player exchange to help defray the cost of a top striker will most likely only happen with Napoli, and for Higuain.

- - - Updated - - -

Except for Griezmann or Alvaro it would be all cash. They won't accept player exchanges. The only player that either club would be interested in would be Rugani, and even still, you are talking about shelling out much more money
High 50s would realistically include a solid bonus clause, and I just think with the intended sales, the offset would be negated. And the guy is a personality that's far more Juve than this badly behaved opera singer.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
How is a 5th choice CB an important player? Important for the future? Sure. Would he be more important than Higuain next year? Absolutely not.
We are trying to rationalise a highly improbable situation here. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. Marrotta would never pull a deal like this. He would rather be on the receiving end of it. There's a better chance of selling Pogba than us buying Highain under these circumstances IMO.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We are trying to rationalise a highly improbable situation here. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. Marrotta would never pull a deal like this. He would rather be on the receiving end of it. There's a better chance of selling Pogba than us buying Highain under these circumstances IMO.
Selling off 2 bench players, 1 prospect, and 30 million for one of the top strikers in the world is not something that Beppe would do?

Did you think that Beppe would pay the buyout clause on Pjanic? This year appears to be different. It seems that we are really going for it.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
This shit is all a plot by De Laurentiis so he can be the Napoli hero who turned down the evil Juventus bid of 100m for their star player.
Beppe could easily come out and say we were never in for Gonzalo if ADL tried to pull a stunt like that.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Selling off 2 bench players, 1 prospect, and 30 million for one of the top strikers in the world is not something that Beppe would do?

Did you think that Beppe would pay the buyout clause on Pjanic? This year appears to be different. It seems that we are really going for it.

Don't deny this year is an anomally in how we are doing our business, but the zPjanic buyout makes it all the more improbable we would go big on a Higuain type deal where there will be big money and players traded. We rather monetise those player sales and add that to the incumbent budget for a striker that won't require as much effort. No smoke without fire on the link to the extent that we have made contact, but this is a smokescreen as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps to divert attention from a real target. I think sees a better chance of Cavani coming if we go guns blazing as it looks like.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Don't deny this year is an anomally in how we are doing our business, but the zPjanic buyout makes it all the more improbable we would go big on a Higuain type deal where there will be big money and players traded. We rather monetise those player sales and add that to the incumbent budget for a striker that won't require as much effort. No smoke without fire on the link to the extent that we have made contact, but this is a smokescreen as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps to divert attention from a real target. I think sees a better chance of Cavani coming if we go guns blazing as it looks like.
As long as they end up with a top striker, I would be happy. If it meant not giving up Rugani, I would be even happier. I just think that Napoli would insist upon him, given the connections with Sarri.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Few days back there was a statement from Exxor posted here that they gave their backing for a big signing which nobody paid much attention to it beside Mark going :numnum:,
then followed Pjanic's comment on how he wouldnt be surprised if Juve signed Higuain and that went fairly unnoticed until today's media exploding with this news.

giphy.gif

@Collaguazo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 194)