Goals Conceded: Solutions? (1 Viewer)

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #61
    So are you guys saying the Tudor is performing better than Montero, Iuliano, or Ferrara!?

I haven't seen them play except for the CL, and TUdor scored an own goal that time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

As for what would I do since Moggi doesn't want to open the wallet just yet?

Thuram ---- Tudor ---- Legrottaglie ---- Zambrotta

Nedved ---- Tacchinardi ---- Appiah/Conte ---- Maresca

DP/Miccoli ---- Trez/DV
    I like that :)

Aug 1, 2003
    IMO tudor could actually come in handy when he plays good. Montero... He's old, slower than usual lately, we can't use him much. Ferrara perhaps can still be used. But Iuliano was horrifying lately and that doesn't deserve him a starting place. Not much options left, are there? ;)

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Lippi must have the solution of this , i think by playing thuram as
    a center defender with pessoto instead of him ,because if we lost
    next week to roma it is over believe me.:(

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    i think by playing thuram as a center defender with pessoto instead of him
    That's exactly what I thought. Juve could play like this:

------------------------Buffon--------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Pessotto-----Thuram-----Ferrara-----Zambrotta
    ------------------------Tacchi--------------------------
    ----------Conte---------------------Maresca---------
    -----------------------Nedved-------------------------
    ------------Trezeguet--------Del Piero--------------

I think this would improve the defence, while the team would still have an attacking approach and score many goals. Thuram and Ferrara would be the two centre backs, which I think would work as they are both experienced players and besides Thuram is fast so he could decrease the lack of pace. I'm unsure how Pessotto would do on the right but I believe he has played in that position before.

As the season would go on and hopefully some players' performances would improve, Montero or Legro could replace Thuram in the centre and push him to the right. If this wouldn't be the case, Thuram would continue playing in the centre while Birindelli would replace Pessotto when he recovers from his injury. Also, Appiah could later on replace Conte, while Camoranesi would be an alternative to Maresca. The main force in attack would be the partnership of Del Piero and Trezeguet with Nedved behind the two, while Maresca and Zambrotta would also contribute in attack.

This would indeed be a tricky experiment, and much would rely on the form of Pessotto and Tacchinardi. Suppose one of these wouldn't deliver the goods, and the whole idea would fall apart. But I think it's the best Lippi can do at the moment.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventin0 ] ++
    here's a solution,Get the hell out of juve iuliano!!
    Amen to that !!!

Why dont they just GIVE him to the MLS. He would fit just right into that pathetic league !!!!

Jul 28, 2002
    luliano has been shocking, absoloulty poo. But i dont think we should demand he be thrown out, he has been a loyal servant, warming the becnh coming on and doing good jobs for us. We should respect a servant like him. :cool:

But on his current form, he should be thrown out :fero: if i was gigi i would kicked his arse by now!!

Sep 14, 2003
    Iuliano is half the problem, Lippi doesn't have to play him afterall. No one mentioned Fresi when he was with us, surely he can't of been any worse than Mark.

Wednesday night was the worst performance I have ever witnessed by him, he was truely shocking, but I have no doubt he will be on the bench against Roma and start the 2 leg match Vs Inter.

Aug 1, 2003
    Yes iuliano was horrible past few matches. I don't think we should play him even in the 2nd leg for fear he would screw up and our coppa italia campaign would be thrown down the drain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)