Goal.com (1 Viewer)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Of all the entertaining football websites, Goal.com is surely the most frequented and thus the most popular whether it be their continual spelling mistakes, idiotic editorials, unfair match ratings, biased views, attempt to distort the truth, misleading translations & wrongful positioning, you'll find it hard to find a group of more incompetent journalists.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/08/2008 13:21

Calderon Ready To Make His Move For Garay

Racing Santander president Francisco Pernía and Real Madrid chief Ramon Calderon are set to hold a meeting next week to discuss the possibility of Ezequiel Garay moving to the Bernabeu according to Marca.
Los Merengues are looking towards a swap deal which will see Javi Garcia go the other way.
Bernd Schuster is a big admirer of the Racing midfielder and he has already told Calderon that he wants him in Madrid for next season.

Marca claims the two clubs will hold talks to thrash out a deal for the players so that both parties can achieve the outcome they want. It is believed Garay will arrive in Madrid for €11m.

So far, Racing have not received any firm offers from Los Blancos but a deal seems imminent and Calderon is likely to make his offer during the meeting next week.

Garay has scored 12 times in 59 appearances for his club which is a great return for a defensive midfielder.

Javi Garcia is also on the verge of moving and it seems as if his switch will be signed, sealed and delivered sooner rather than later.

Real Madrid have been doing well in the transfer market this term as they continue to strengthen ahead of the new season.

Salvatore Landolina
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. He has already transferred to Real Madrid, recent debate on this matter is only related to as if Madrid will call him back from the loan in which Real Madrid and Racing agreed upon, this option however expires on 15 Aug, thus the recent news
2. How would Javi Garcia be included, the agreement between Madrid & Racing is solely in the hands of Madrid and no financial compensation will be needed if Madrid call him back before the 15 Aug.
3. Garay is a defender, not a midfielder
4. As mentioned before Garay has already arrived, not for the 11mil euro the article stated, rather it was 10 million euros
5. Madrid have spent a mere 31.7 million Euros, down from the astronimical figures we use to when associating transfer fees with Madrid, not too mention their failure to get any of Calderon's promises
6. Calderon said just a few days ago that Javi Garcia is staying put and that their transfer dealing are closed with the purchase of can der Vaart.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Gazzo

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
  • Thread Starter #4
    no matter what, you gotta love Goal.com :p
    It's entertaining but nonetheless I can't stand it when they distort a story by mis-translating things and then write ambigous text which is reinforced by the mis-correct quotes, all though there's no real alternative and it seems they're going for quanity rather than quality, which seems to be working for them

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    I don't know if Channel4 is more reliable than Goal, but sometimes Goal literally copies every single word of an article that is posted on Ch4 :D

OP
    Gazzo

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
  • Thread Starter #6
    I don't know if Channel4 is more reliable than Goal, but sometimes Goal literally copies every single word of an article that is posted on Ch4 :D
    Na they'll give their little mix to it and try and make it more dramatic, I like Channel4, they're editorials and blogs are usually pretty good and accurate

Sarah

s-doLLa
    Sep 26, 2007
    I didn't even know why people read goal.com. It is useless and only good for a laugh. I don't even know where they hire their writers because they sure are a incompetent bunch.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I didn't even know why people read goal.com. It is useless and only good for a laugh. I don't even know where they hire their writers because they sure are a incompetent bunch.
    About four years ago when Goal.com was just starting up, their "owner" or whatever Glenn made a thread here recruiting writers. Back then, they focused more on match previews and reports, not transfer rumors or editorials. But now they focus on the latter and it's pretty obvious Goal.com recruits from their own forum where all the morons flock.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    another example for funny news in goal.com

Real To Sue Ronaldo

Reports from the English and Spanish media indicate that Real Madrid are seeking a massive pay-out from Cristiano Ronaldo following the winger's decision to stay at Manchester United...
    According to News of the World, los Merengues are demanding £17million from Ronaldo after he recently announced that he would not be moving to the La Liga giants this summer.

The Portuguese superstar seemed a certainty to leave Old Trafford after ignoring Sir Alex Ferguson's messages while at EURO 2008 and reiterating his life-long desire to ply his trade at the Santiago Bernabeu.

But the United boss has repeatedly insisted that his prize attacker will be going nowhere, and that indeed seems to be the case after the two met for crunch talks earlier in the week.

However, the matter is not done and dusted just yet, as Madrid are now claiming that the 23-year-old agreed terms with them and had a clause inserted in his contract that entitled the Spanish champions to a hefty sum of compensation.

The continental press reports that Real president Ramon Calderon will only forego the fee if an agreement is struck that will see Ronaldo head to los Blancos next summer.

Such an outcome remains highly unlikely, however, given relations between the two clubs have disintegrated throughout the saga

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)