Goal.com best Goalkeeper Poll (2 Viewers)

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #21
    ++ [ originally posted by Petrovich ] ++
    van der Sar is a fairly good keeper, but not one of the top five in the world. I also do not concur with your statement that VDS is the most on-form keeper in the world; far off the mark.
    Indeed, he;s not the most in-form keeper in the world. That's not what I said. I said that of the keepers on the Goal.com poll, he is the in-form keeper of the bunch.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Let a tame shot go underneath him for the 2-1 Chelsea win. Actually he was only playing because it was a carling cup match, he never even plays in the league.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Let a tame shot go underneath him for the 2-1 Chelsea win. Actually he was only playing because it was a carling cup match, he never even plays in the league.
    Yeah man, he never plays in the league games because the club has told Chris Coleman not to play him, because Edwin has refused to extend his contract. It's not as easy for goalkeepers to step into a game situation after not having played in a long time...Of course he's going to be a bit off his game, who wouldn't be?

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Yeah man, he never plays in the league games because the club has told Chris Coleman not to play him, because Edwin has refused to extend his contract. It's not as easy for goalkeepers to step into a game situation after not having played in a long time...Of course he's going to be a bit off his game, who wouldn't be?

excuses, excuses

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    yeah.and i heard that the club themselves have refused to extend his contract due to his demands and are eager to release him and get rid of his 40k a week salary.Mark Crossley :)rolleyes:) has been played instead.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

I don't mean to be on the offensive, but after reading this, how can you say VDS is the "in-form keeper of the bunch?"

I'd say Buffon or Dida are the most inform of the bunch.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    VDS can play extremely well. I direct you to the goalless draw with arsenal played last season.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #38
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    I don't mean to be on the offensive, but after reading this, how can you say VDS is the "in-form keeper of the bunch?"

I'd say Buffon or Dida are the most inform of the bunch.
    It depends on your time frame. I'd say overt he past year, as it is after all, GK of the year poll, that Edwin has been the more in form keeper. Not to say that today he is, or this season, but rather in the past year. Buffon and Didia sucked last season...

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I know about the situation of him not playing, relax. I was just pondering your point about him being "on form" which is a pretty random thing to say since he's not playing. While I can accept he might not be at the top of his game it doesn't provide an excuse for making al almighty cockup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)