Global Warming Discussion (6 Viewers)

Jul 1, 2010
I could say the same thing about vaccinations.

The way I look at it, funding spent on keeping the environment cleaner is far from a bad thing and I'm totally ok with it. Yeah, certain outlets exaggerate the effect of pollution but it's not a matter we can just turn our noses at.
Oh I agree, I'm certainly not an enthusiast of pollution and all the big oil projects. I very much dislike the oil sand industry that we have here in Canada, they pollute the rivers in Alberta. We have to transition away from fossil fuels in any case since we'll run out of oil within a century.

That said, Global Warming is a scam.

- - - Updated - - -

Biggest hoax of the 21st century - just take a look at what's going in Buffalo, NY right now. No worries, "winter is coming".
You actually think that this has something to do with CO2?

:sergio:

My grandparents told me that there was a big snowstorm in the month of June in ther Southern Italian village in the 1930s. Freak weather events have always taken place.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Oh I agree, I'm certainly not an enthusiast of pollution and all the big oil projects. I very much dislike the oil sand industry that we have here in Canada, they pollute the rivers in Alberta. We have to transition away from fossil fuels in any case since we'll run out of oil within a century.
:tup:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
That said, Global Warming is a scam.
Just out of curiosity - based on what do you feel you can make such a decisive statement and why do you think it's true? That is to say, why should anyone take that statement seriously, coming from you? I am not denying you the right to an opinion on the matter, just asking why you believe that statement up there carries more validity than say Sarah Palin's opinion on quantum physics?

Jul 1, 2010
Of course, you first world consumers would never admit that Global Warming is real.
I consume very little as I'm an austere person, I mostly buy books and avoid spending on anything I don't really need. My opinion on GW is not based on that.

Just out of curiosity - based on what do you feel you can make such a decisive statement and why do you think it's true? That is to say, why should anyone take that statement seriously, coming from you? I am not denying you the right to an opinion on the matter, just asking why you believe that statement up there carries more validity than say Sarah Palin's opinion on quantum physics?
Oh no one has to believe my statement, it's just an opinion based on an examination of who propagates this theory and for which reason. If there was solid evidence that suggested that the theory was true, I'd change my mind. However, I've found no solid explanation for the fact that the earth hasn't warmed since 1998.

In any case, it's not anymore ridiculous than those who claim that 99% of scientists support this theory, which is a lie.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
VICE had a pretty crazy episode on global warming but for the love of me, I cannot find it but seeing those huge ice caps melting every couple of minutes is quite scary and something to think about.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
VICE had a pretty crazy episode on global warming but for the love of me, I cannot find it but seeing those huge ice caps melting every couple of minutes is quite scary and something to think about.
but it's cold here, what are you talking about?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's actually hot for where I live.

But yeah I live in Mexico where it's warmer, you live in Philly where it's colder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)