Global Financial Crisis (7 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm staying at Uni for another year because I don't see the point in going into the job market this summer.

Hopefully things won't be quite so bad in another year.
I thought of that too, but the university i'm in is too expensive, and my scholarship ends next year anyway. I think i'll just have to take my chances.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Have you started volunteering for internships at some companies?You know that would boost your chances of getting a decent job with some work experience & references.Maybe your set & you have some relatives that will bend some arms to get you into a top notch company.:D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Have you started volunteering for internships at some companies?You know that would boost your chances of getting a decent job with some work experience & references.Maybe your set & you have some relatives that will bend some arms to get you into a top notch company.:D

I did start volunteering for internships, no luck yet though. As for my relatives, the only relatives i have here in the UAE are my parents. My dad's a University Professor in the same uni i study in(ironically in management too :p). Unfortunately for me though, He's also into Business Ethics, he doesn't believe in "bending arms" :D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Ah business ethics unfortunately your not in africa,ethics has no place in business & least of all in the african dictionary.:D

You know when i started with my marketing & business management studies i had so many issues.Things only turned around when i worked for free,came in first & was the last to leave & when i was done id ask if there was anything else.The most important thing to remember when volunteering is to ignore the lazy & unambitious colleagues because your gonna have to work like a dog.Trust me your gonna have to take alot of stick being the fresh fish.:D

Just becareful which company you choose really because its more about who your working under as to the company.Luckily for me i worked under one of the best marketing experts back home & he's ref was brilliant & actually clinched my first proper paying job.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ah business ethics unfortunately your not in africa,ethics has no place in business & least of all in the african dictionary.:D

You know when i started with my marketing & business management studies i had so many issues.Things only turned around when i worked for free,came in first & was the last to leave & when i was done id ask if there was anything else.The most important thing to remember when volunteering is to ignore the lazy & unambitious colleagues because your gonna have to work like a dog.Trust me your gonna have to take alot of stick being the fresh fish.:D

Just becareful which company you choose really because its more about who your working under as to the company.Luckily for me i worked under one of the best marketing experts back home & he's ref was brilliant & actually clinched my first proper paying job.
Oh believe me i know. I've been to Libya and it is the epitome of corruption :p

Thanks for the advice mate, very much needed. :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Chrysler is about to head to bankruptcy court.

Chrysler is preparing to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Thursday, Apr. 30, with an announcement by the White House and the U.S. Treasury that the government will provide financing for the automaker to reemerge from the process as a smaller, leaner company with Italian automaker Fiat (FIA.MI) as a major shareholder.

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily...20090429_216639.htm?chan=rss_topStories_ssi_5

Say goodbye to quite a lot of jobs.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
From wiki:
When a business is unable to service its debt or pay its creditors, the business or its creditors can file with a federal bankruptcy court for protection under either Chapter 7 or Chapter 11.

In Chapter 7 the business ceases operations, a trustee sells all of its assets, and then distributes the proceeds to its creditors. Any residual amount is returned to the owners of the company. In Chapter 11, in most instances the debtor remains in control of its business operations as a debtor in possession, and is subject to the oversight and jurisdiction of the court.[1]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)