Glen Johnson - Liverpool - RB (2 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Awful in defence, overrated going forwards. Sounds like Motta to anyone?
:agree:

When buying a defender it amazes me that the ability to defend is overlooked so frequently.
Too many people seem to forget that fullback is still a primarily a defensive position in almost every system.

He's English... why even consider it?
Indeed.

There is no suggestion just now that English players hav any interest in leaving the EPL, especially for Italy.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I still, as I did before, consider Grygera good enough to be back-up for Juve.

Given the lack of options at full back this season, I would have Grygera starting whenever he is fit.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I still, as I did before, consider Grygera good enough to be back-up for Juve.

Given the lack of options at full back this season, I would have Grygera starting whenever he is fit.
Over Motta definitely, but over Sorensen too? He isn't doing much mistakes in defending, but probably less effective attacking wise than Grygera. But I bet if that chance was in instead of hitting the post, they would probably rate him as a world class full back here :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Right now, I still view Grygera as a better player.

However, if Juve were to insist on playing Sorensen because they consider him a great prospect and consider him to have the potential to be better than Grygera, you wouldn't hear me complaining.

And, yes. He was about two inches away from being better than Maicon.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
:agree:
Too many people seem to forget that fullback is still a primarily a defensive position in almost every system.
:agree: Zanetti was never good going forward but always is a beast in defense. I'd kill to have someone as good back there as him.

Jul 28, 2002
Glenny J is a comedic copy of a 90's brazillian full back. He would be a great asset to a team with a balanced and performing unit. His mistakes would be covered b competent defensive partners. The situation we are in pretty much rules out him being anything more than a turbo'd rightsided PDC

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
This mornings news. Apparently he was horrible yesterday?
He tried to run the offside trap a couple of times and he and Kochesky couldn't get it right. Led to two goals.

His defending has improved, especially in his closing down and cross/shot blocking. But he's still not that good.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He used to play as a striker in the West Ham academy, and you can tell, he doesn't have a defensive bone in him. You'd have to drill it into his head 12 hours a day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)