Giuseppe 'The Savior' Rossi - ST - Villareal (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Even after missing on Kun, I still don't want this guy.

I hope Villarreal keep refusing our offers but I fear that Marotta might become desperate and pay them all our transfer budget, just to get us a "star".

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why the hell wouldn't we want him? With Kun gone I wont say no to quality.
He's just another technically limited attacker. One of those who have two good seasons in their careers and move to Bologna when they hit the 30's.

Marco Di Vaio, meet your successor - Giuseppe Rossi.

Give me players who can play the ball. I had enough of players who don't have natural talent.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Why the hell wouldn't we want him? With Kun gone I wont say no to quality.
I Don't want him mainly because I don't see him as a 25+ mill € improvement. We got Del Piero and Quagliarella at SS, we are only competing in Serie A and Coppa, so we really don't need him. We could in theory spend the money we 'saved' on 'Kun' or Rossi on a position where we really need upgrading like CB, LB, CM [I don't see Pirlo fit in] and LM/LW.

If Marotta continues the transfer-strategy from last year, where the targetted players looked to be players at their peak [or past it] at Top Serie A-level, then we won't improve enough. I'm not demanding WC-class players. Serie A is luckily for us not that strong anymore, so we only need players on CL-level.

If we can't get players who at CL-level then why not try rebuilding with youngsters instead of players like Martinez, Pepe, Motta, Matri, Toni, Pazienza, Pirlo and so on..

P.s. I like Pirlo, but not in a 4-4-2

Jun 24, 2011
He's just another technically limited attacker.
Give me players who can play the ball. I had enough of players who don't have natural talent.
this is incredibly wrong. rossi has better technical ball skills than any of our forwards now. by alot.

either way it doesn't seem like we're getting him

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
this is incredibly wrong. rossi has better technical ball skills than any of our forwards now. by alot.
Except that Del Piero has better technical ball skills in his toe than Rossi has in both his legs.
As for the others, Amauri is too more technical (Yes, Amauri!) while Quag and Rossi are on the same level. But it means absolutely nothing if Rossi is more technical than the guys we have (Iaquinta, Toni, Matri) because his technical skills are rather poor. He's a Di Vaio without the aerial qualities of the latter.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Except that Del Piero has better technical ball skills in his toe than Rossi has in both his legs.
As for the others, Amauri is too more technical (Yes, Amauri!) while Quag and Rossi are on the same level. But it means absolutely nothing if Rossi is more technical than the guys we have (Iaquinta, Toni, Matri) because his technical skills are rather poor. He's a Di Vaio without the aerial qualities of the latter.
Add to that, Quag has more flair than Grossi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)