Giuseppe Sculli! (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by primo_calcio ] ++
guys guys, i honestly think we're thinking TOO AHEAD of the future. that's gotta be like 2 generations ahead of our present squad..
in four years, the squad that I posted would be the most dominating team in the world.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
No doubt about it, let's hope we win a lot of trophies and attract these youngsters to play for us in the future. I hope Juve's pot of gold still has a lot of coins in it, we gotta lure these players in any time soon.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by primo_calcio ] ++
No doubt about it, let's hope we win a lot of trophies and attract these youngsters to play for us in the future. I hope Juve's pot of gold still has a lot of coins in it, we gotta lure these players in any time soon.
You see, that is the problem, isn't it. We aren't getting to players soon enough. And I really don't understand why we don't just get the great young players who are available. Why let someone else have them when we can get them? Riquelme is a great example.

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
Ask Moggi. Maybe he has other youngsters in mind. I hope he'll be keen to get D'Alessandro's signature next summer.

Jul 12, 2002
I think that there is going to need to be a seriously large transfer campaign this summer to strengthen the mid-field and reform the defence. The players are available, we just need to buy them.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Carragher? Why, Rickenbacker, why? He's perhaps the worst 'right-sided midfielder' I've ever seen play for a 'top' side.
Well, I don't really think of him as a midfielder, more of a right back, and I rate him pretty highly. I know that he gets mixed reviews, but I think that his pace and strength are phenominal. He is going to be great.

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
++[ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ]]++

I think that there is going to need to be a seriously large transfer campaign this summer to strengthen the mid-field and reform the defence. The players are available, we just need to buy them.
Easier said than done....

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Well, I don't really think of him as a midfielder, more of a right back, and I rate him pretty highly. I know that he gets mixed reviews, but I think that his pace and strength are phenominal. He is going to be great.
I don't think of him as a midfielder any more either - he's spent too long playing as a right-back. He is strong, and not to slow, but he's not really that good. From a distance, he might look like a key player for the Liverpool defense, but their right-mid always drops deep when they are defending, so he gets an insane amount of cover. It's not without reason that Eriksson picks even Wes Brown ahead of him for right-back.

Jul 12, 2002
I don't think of him as a midfielder any more either - he's spent too long playing as a right-back. He is strong, and not to slow, but he's not really that good. From a distance, he might look like a key player for the Liverpool defense, but their right-mid always drops deep when they are defending, so he gets an insane amount of cover. It's not without reason that Eriksson picks even Wes Brown ahead of him for right-back.
I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about the English NT, but isn't Wes Brown older and more experienced than Carragher? And didn't Carragher set some record of caps for the U-21 team. I think that I remember reading that.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about the English NT, but isn't Wes Brown older and more experienced than Carragher? And didn't Carragher set some record of caps for the U-21 team. I think that I remember reading that.
Carragher:

Date of Birth: 28/01/1978
First team Games: 263
Caps: 8

Wes Brown:

Date of Birth: 13/10/1979
First team Games: 113
Caps: 7

Carragher is a tiny bit older. Experience-wise, there's not much to choose between them, but Carragher has played hundreds of games at right-back for Liverpool, while Brown barely ever plays there, and isn't even a definate start for Manchester United.

Jul 12, 2002
Carragher:

Date of Birth: 28/01/1978
First team Games: 263
Caps: 8

Wes Brown:

Date of Birth: 13/10/1979
First team Games: 113
Caps: 7

Carragher is a tiny bit older. Experience-wise, there's not much to choose between them, but Carragher has played hundreds of games at right-back for Liverpool, while Brown barely ever plays there, and isn't even a definate start for Manchester United.
Like I said, I am not an expert on the English NT, but either way you look at it, Carragher is clearly a good player is he has set a record for number of caps on the youth team, where he was obviously picked over Wes Brown. It seems to me that Wes Brown's current favour with Erikson, might just be that, current favour. But it really doesn't matter to me, I think that Carragher is the most promising youth right back in the world right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)