napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Reading the comments above mine they depressed me. We are gradually becoming more of a clothing/jewelry/luxury brand than a football club.The day this transformation is complete I will stop being a Juve fan.
Honestly it is better to support some local team that have left some passion for the game and not a international conglomerate where increasing the revenue at all costs is the top priority.
I think the money in club football isbecoming too concentrated in several big clubs and this is not sustainable in any economical, environmental or moral sense. In the end very few people will be watching ten of twenty big clubs playing all year between them and only the same two or three winning year after year.
And the money will stop and the pyramid will collapse.
But what can I expect when the short term thinking is the prevalent knowledge learned today in the so called universities?
Sports should not be equaled to business venture only.It is that simple.
I am starting to think that despite our big technological advance we are actually devolving as species.
Health care as a business, sport as a business, the environment as a business. Where do we stop?
To those that dream of us becoming a new Real I want to ask are you willing to pay the price or rather be accomplice to the club that will have to behave the way Real behave? I mean they are literally running illegal child footballers rings; are illegally sponsored by the state; corrupted UEFA to the core; are involved in money laundering and tax evasion schemes with their players and staff; half of their fans will disappear overnight if they stop winning for a year or two. Barca is the same. What about PSG and Man City which are practically owned by authoritarian states? Their revenue is basically bloody oil money. The other big English clubs are owned by either Russian or American oligarchs who care more about exposure and profits.
I do not find good examples in modern football that Juve should follow without corrupting themself completely. Maybe only Bayern but there are some issues with their model too..
In the light of what I said above I will be disgusted to know that Marrota had to be sacrificed for our re-branding as a global clothing/jewelry/luxury brand.
This man deserves more respect as he is not some washed up football player who sits on the bench and receives millions. He is one of those that made us into a competitive club once again without compromising our financial stability and making shady deals with the devil. He is bigger than Moggi for me because he is a class act which can be seen in every interview he gives. In the last one he sounds very heartbroken and this makes me sad.
I wish this great man to prosper anywhere he chooses to go even if it is another Italian club.
Also I hope that our search for the so coveted business guru does not bring us another Jean-Calude Blanc ( a Harvard alumnus by the way, MBA and shit).

I know what you're thinking but there's so many wrong with them, you're just another sad "the good old days" kind of people that have been proven wrong throughout the history of the world.

Capitalism is part of human evolution, obviously I don't mean biologically, the point here is that it has passed the nature test and become adopted world wide not without reasons, other methods largely didn't survive, so there's no point in arguing against it, or if you do, try move to North Korea kind of place or sort of, what? You don't like it? Bingo.

Sports should not be business? Then quit following sports. Again it's evolution, heck, how did these clubs even got big in the 1st place? Because humanity favor the champions? Exactly, and you can't stop it because that's the nature, only in dictatorship you can possibly force people not to dispropotionally support big clubs, even then that may not even work.

It's just natural evolution, and what we have now already filtered with all kind of filters, not ideal, but that's how this existence works.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Details on this pls.
They have been caught signing underage players and had a transfer ban for this. And they still do it.
Do you think Vinicius Jr was signed following all the rules? I am sure they paid millions to different people long before the official transfer.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If I had to guess, I'd say he'll end up in Inter. Napoli with ADL, who likes to handle transfers himself (and does very well), doesn't seem that realistic and Milan and Roma might stick with the guys they recently appointed. Then of course there are smaller sides who'd take him with their arms open, he might have a big salary for them, but everyone knows he's worth so much more than the couple of millions he earns per season

It's hard to see him in clubs outside of Italy, although he is still relatively young for his role and maybe could adapt well.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Wonder if we could actually also loose Paratici in this? I mean, Marotta only revealed his departure because list of directors was going to be posted today. It is posted now, but Paratici is not on that list too. I dont know if he should be there - if he is destined to be MArotta successor he surely should be here though.
42838131_2168676133372708_332704363069833216_n.jpg

Agresti on Paratici:
"It was not obvious that he entered the CDA, it is not obvious that he leaves like Marotta. For the time being, together with Nedved, it will have a more central power."

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Giorgio Ricci will be responsible for the revenues.

Paratici for the sporting aspects.

Marco Re - head of finance, human resources and technology.

They were all already here, so nothing much changed.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marotta was shaking when he signed Dybala, he wasn't sure'

01 October at 12:45
Former Inter defender Beppe Bergomi spoke to Sky Sport about Marotta’s Juventus exit (Via Ilbianconero): “I am really sorry for him because I think he is a great director. Although I had a discussion with him after the last commentary of Inter-Juventus, I think he is a prepared manager who’s always work very well.”

One of the possible reasons of Marotta’s exit is Juventus’ new course that may see the club make bigger investments to sign top players in the future. A few days ago Agnelli said that ‘Juventus aim to buy the next Cristiano Ronaldo’ and this could have gone against Marotta’s will as the Italian has always been very much focused on the club’s balance as well.

“Marotta is a prepared director”, Bergomi said. “When he signed Dybala for € 40 million he was shaking. He was saying: ‘Let’s hope it all goes well’. He wasn’t sure [about the signing]. Now, I don’t know if Ronaldo has something to do with his choice. Ronaldo signed a four-year contract and he will leave Juventus when he is 38.”

“You can afford him for the first couple of years but what happens after that? Maybe Marotta was wrong about Ronaldo or maybe that’s not the reason he left but Marotta has always worked very well.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)