pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Reading the comments above mine they depressed me. We are gradually becoming more of a clothing/jewelry/luxury brand than a football club.The day this transformation is complete I will stop being a Juve fan.
Honestly it is better to support some local team that have left some passion for the game and not a international conglomerate where increasing the revenue at all costs is the top priority.
I think the money in club football isbecoming too concentrated in several big clubs and this is not sustainable in any economical, environmental or moral sense. In the end very few people will be watching ten of twenty big clubs playing all year between them and only the same two or three winning year after year.
And the money will stop and the pyramid will collapse.
But what can I expect when the short term thinking is the prevalent knowledge learned today in the so called universities?
Sports should not be equaled to business venture only.It is that simple.
I am starting to think that despite our big technological advance we are actually devolving as species.
Health care as a business, sport as a business, the environment as a business. Where do we stop?
To those that dream of us becoming a new Real I want to ask are you willing to pay the price or rather be accomplice to the club that will have to behave the way Real behave? I mean they are literally running illegal child footballers rings; are illegally sponsored by the state; corrupted UEFA to the core; are involved in money laundering and tax evasion schemes with their players and staff; half of their fans will disappear overnight if they stop winning for a year or two. Barca is the same. What about PSG and Man City which are practically owned by authoritarian states? Their revenue is basically bloody oil money. The other big English clubs are owned by either Russian or American oligarchs who care more about exposure and profits.
I do not find good examples in modern football that Juve should follow without corrupting themself completely. Maybe only Bayern but there are some issues with their model too..
In the light of what I said above I will be disgusted to know that Marrota had to be sacrificed for our re-branding as a global clothing/jewelry/luxury brand.
This man deserves more respect as he is not some washed up football player who sits on the bench and receives millions. He is one of those that made us into a competitive club once again without compromising our financial stability and making shady deals with the devil. He is bigger than Moggi for me because he is a class act which can be seen in every interview he gives. In the last one he sounds very heartbroken and this makes me sad.
I wish this great man to prosper anywhere he chooses to go even if it is another Italian club.
Also I hope that our search for the so coveted business guru does not bring us another Jean-Calude Blanc ( a Harvard alumnus by the way, MBA and shit).

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
A bit harsh, but there might be some truth in this.
This is my guess too.

Supposedly, Paratici was the one behind the ronaldo operation and not beppe...in fact we never heard beppe talk about it or say much of it even after the announcement.

Gossip says he was opposed to wasting that much money on a 34 yr old.

But looking at the impact CR7 have had in our team in less than 3 months.... i think this triggered Agnelli, who realized he needed people more eager tro try thing and with fresh ideas.

Im not saying Beppe was a fluke, as we all know what he did here.... but he has been around for almost 10 years. Thats a very long time.

If the story of agnelli wanting to make the brand go to new pastures is right.... maybe the CR7 saga is what triggered him and made him took a decition he was hesitating to do since some years ago.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I dont think Marotta was against Ronaldo but I'd say it was indicative that paratici was sitting next to Ronaldo in the press conference and not Beppe

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
I sincerely hope not. We're not about that, we've never been about that. The club would seem so devoid of a soul then.
Agnelli has to find a balance between Marotta's free player/loan with option to buy/player can leave the club if they ask model and whatever clubs like PSG and United are doing. Those clubs are just flushing money down the toilet with their spending. If he is going down the galactico path then keeping Paratici long term is critical.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Agnelli has to find a balance between Marotta's free player/loan with option to buy/player can leave the club if they ask model and whatever clubs like PSG and United are doing. Those clubs are just flushing money down the toilet with their spending. If he is going down the galactico path then keeping Paratici long term is critical.
part of the problem is our sale policy is diabolical to say the least, Marotta's inability to get a good deal from a sale in most cases was his definite weak point and I hope Paratici can improve that side. It's disgusting how many players we've let go for next to nothing or on the cheap in Marotta's era

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think Marotta was against Ronaldo but I'd say it was indicative that paratici was sitting next to Ronaldo in the press conference and not Beppe
It was clear Beppe would sooner spend 30 mill on bonaventura instead and call it an improvement on the squad

- - - Updated - - -

I sincerely hope not. We're not about that, we've never been about that. The club would seem so devoid of a soul then.
are we not already given the reasons behind the ultras going on strike?

Personally Im all for big signings as long as their character fits the profile, Ronaldo so far is proving that he does

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
We cannot feasibly do what United and PSG do though, not even close. I'm sure Agnelli is well aware of this though.

part of the problem is our sale policy is diabolical to say the least, Marotta's inability to get a good deal from a sale in most cases was his definite weak point and I hope Paratici can improve that side. It's disgusting how many players we've let go for next to nothing or on the cheap in Marotta's era

- - - Updated - - -

It was clear Beppe would sooner spend 30 mill on bonaventura instead and call it an improvement on the squad

- - - Updated - - -

are we not already given the reasons behind the ultras going on strike?

Personally Im all for big signings as long as their character fits the profile, Ronaldo so far is proving that he does
I have to say I liked our sale policy and I think Bonaventura would've been an improvement to our squad (we're thin as fuck at midfield).

Ticket prices? Maybe as a start, but that's nothing in my opinion, there's still a long way to go. I don't want this to become just a club full of mercenaries. The first thing I thought of was when Buffon went through that period after a big injury a few years back and going through a period of very poor form, where people here were calling for his outright sale but instead we stuck by him and showed faith in him. Of course, he promptly delivered and such morons went quiet. If we were in the same situation now, would we do the same thing?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
We cannot feasibly do what United and PSG do though, not even close. I'm sure Agnelli is well aware of this though.

I have to say I liked our sale policy and I think Bonaventura would've been an improvement to our squad (we're thin as fuck at midfield).

Ticket prices? Maybe as a start, but that's nothing in my opinion, there's still a long way to go. I don't want this to become just a club full of mercenaries. The first thing I thought of was when Buffon went through that period after a big injury a few years back and going through a period of very poor form, where people here were calling for his outright sale but instead we stuck by him and showed faith in him. Of course, he promptly delivered and such morons went quiet. If we were in the same situation now, would we do the same thing?
common now people here are crying out for Dybala to be sold when he has a bad run of games, but they are the minority and not proper fans

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
You get what I mean though. At the time Buffon was seen by many as having declined. Not just on here, even look at FIFA ratings for example. But we showed faith in him regardless.
Well he has declined it comes with age, I just find it sad he's seen as the PSG number 2

tbh i dont take fifa ratings seriously, they are so out of proportion especially on Serie A players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)