s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
can you believe another clubs fans will be using this :beppe: from now on? so strange
players usually spend like 3-5 years at a club, they are expected to wear other jerseys. marotta though... i thought he'd retire from juve. we owe him so much...

- - - Updated - - -

“I will not rule out joining another big club
just make sure it isn't in italy

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
players usually spend like 3-5 years at a club, they are expected to wear other jerseys. marotta though... i thought he'd retire from juve. we owe him so much...

- - - Updated - - -

just make sure it isn't in italy
Actualy Napoli are one of the potential clubs for him.

Apr 19, 2007
Am I the only one happy he's leaving?

He's a great professional and a "company man". Having said that, I'm glad he's leaving.
Why? Just out of curiosity? You enjoyed going from 7th place two years in a row to scudetto winners every year? You dont contribute this at all to him? You dont like the champions he brought here? Prefer Messi to Ronaldo? trying to figure this out

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
That's everything to do with the country Italy and the league as an extension, not the man, you could put a team of Steve Jobs, Bill gates and Jeff Bezos to run our commercials, our financial position would relatively still be the same.
No. Inter's really took off after Suning took over. Our commercial revenue has been growing at a very slow pace.

Aldo Mazzia did well with Continassa, etc, but we need a better global outreach, which involves better logistical solutions and tech and marketing.

- - - Updated - - -

Giuseppe Marotta confirms Juventus made the decision to remove him from the club and he fully intends to be “at another top club” in 2019-20.

The announcement last night that his mandate would not be renewed when it expired on October 25 and he’d be leaving the Board of Directors was a bolt from the blue.

Over the last 24 hours, it has become increasingly evident that Marotta was pushed out by President Andrea Agnelli.

“It is a situation the club wanted and I have to adapt to their desires and ideas, out of my love for both the people and of Juventus itself,” Marotta told Rai 2 show 90 Minuto.

“I think it’s a bit much to say I was kicked out. I simply have to follow the company line. I am a company man, I understand and therefore it is only right that other people step forward. I am sure that I have given 100 per cent over these years of great success. I hope those who replace me do the same.

“It is painful, because the world of work and of sport are made up of sentiments. In these eight or nine years, I have fortunately experienced so many wonderful emotions.
“I believe that I accompanied President Agnelli on this journey and now he is able to be a protagonist in this sport at both national and international level.

“Juve represent one of the most unforgettable pages in the book of my life. The best memory was in Trieste, when we won the first Scudetto of the Agnelli era with Antonio Conte on the bench. It was such a strong feeling and so unpredictable, as with hard work and dedication, we wiped out the gap from the top clubs in one year.”
It now remains to be seen what Marotta will do next, as options include the role of FIGC President, or jobs at Roma, Napoli, Manchester United and Barcelona.

“I can categorically deny that I will be a candidate for the FIGC, because that is not something I want to choose.

“I will not rule out joining another big club, as I am a man who spent the last 40 consecutive years in club football and it’s the first time I am taking a break during a season.

“I need to recharge, but I would like to begin 2019-20 at the helm of another team.”
Juventus have made no secret of their desire to win the Champions League this year, so if they make it to the Final, will Marotta be there?

“I’d be happy if Juventus make it to the Final, as it’d be the fruits of not just my labour, but also of my collaborators Fabio Paratici and Pavel Nedved.

“If they get there on June 1, I’d be there cheering them on, simply as a fan.”
Always the right words.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
No. Inter's really took off after Suning took over. Our commercial revenue has been growing at a very slow pace.

Aldo Mazzia did well with Continassa, etc, but we need a better global outreach, which involves better logistical solutions and tech and marketing.

- - - Updated - - -

Always the right words.
Isn't this why we signed a player who is more popular than the club itself?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Isn't this why we signed a player who is more popular than the club itself?
Don't think we were doing as well financially as we could've been. After two CL finals, still 9th or 10th. Compare us to PSG's position in Deloitte's reports. You want to maximize our revenue potential whether there's Ronaldo or no Ronaldo.

Ronaldo will take us above 9th, but Agnelli isn't happy with just Ronaldo. He wants to be the #1 club in the world and wants us to sign the next Ronaldo at the age of 25.

Apr 9, 2015
Damn ... sad news.

One of the few things that can break our hegemony is that we need to replace our board.

Grazie mille Beppe, Grazie mille for everything. From 7th to first in two years, seven times in a row. Unbelievable job and he was part of it. Master in striking cheap/free transfers. Barzagli, Khedira, Evra, Dani Alves, Llorente, Can, Tevez, Pirlo, Pogba and go on ...

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Maybe Beppe was opposed to CR7 transfer and preffered a dozen of Cristantes and Pellegrinis but Agnelli insisted
He probably was since apparently he wanted a more prudent approach while Agnelli preferred an aggressive approach. This year's mercato is indicative of that.

I dont know how much of a role Beppe has in securing lucrative commercial deals but we have been pretty mediocre in this area for a while now. We're growing at a very slow pace as pointed above. Signing Cristiano is one way of accelerating this process.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Maybe this is the Agnelli's grand scheme of making serieA great again. Let beppe build couple of strong teams in the league, he will singlehandedly make serieA overpass EPL. :beppe:
mind you, a friend of mine came up with the very same idea last night. she said it's gonna be milan (not happening, they just hired the ceo of arsenal), still, it makes some sense. we are barely going to make it to the next level without a strong league. we're not bayern and italy is not germany, so we can't have 300m of commercial revenue mainly from the domestic market.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
mind you, a friend of mine came up with the very same idea last night. she said it's gonna be milan (not happening, they just hired the ceo of arsenal), still, it makes some sense. we are barely going to make it to the next level without a strong league. we're not bayern and italy is not germany, so we can't have 300m of commercial revenue mainly from the domestic market.
she? there is a woman outside of italy that follows Serie A enough to come to such conclusion?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)