juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I am not worried about defence as caldara and de vrij might possibly come in next year it is midfield which is big area of concern as we clearly outmuscled by Lazio midfield

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
I am not worried about defence as caldara and de vrij might possibly come in next year it is midfield which is big area of concern as we clearly outmuscled by Lazio midfield
They will / can come next year but what about this year? Barza and Bena looking quite bad at this moment. Barza can recover but he's too old and slow for later on in CL against pacey teams.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
They will / can come next year but what about this year? Barza and Bena looking quite bad at this moment. Barza can recover but he's too old and slow for later on in CL against pacey teams.
It is difficult because lotito will ask for 30 million euros for de vrij the only possibility is cuadrado manolas swap deal

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Who said that?
Many members here over the past week.

You know what's funny? People think this is football manager. Dunno if you ever played it but here's how it looks over there: you go click and check a thing called 'transfer listed' and you see all the players. So you bid.

People think it works like that in real and pretend if clubs don't bid that it means how they are not on the market. Sure, some players cannot be bought but people are taking it to a whole another level with their imagination. If you're interested in someone you go and TALK with the agent/player/club. It's not a freaking list that you print on transfermarkt website and check who's possible to buy.

It's a different logic for: we bought Costa, Berna and De Sciglio. Those were the best options on the market. We didn't buy better players because it was not possible as clubs didn't want to talk & they rejected all the money we threw at them.

I think the truth lies in the fact that we're not an attractive club to lure better players, both as a club and the league overall, nor we have enough money to bid for the best players.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006

You know what's funny? People think this is football manager. Dunno if you ever played it but here's how it looks over there: you go click and check a thing called 'transfer listed' and you see all the players. So you bid.

People think it works like that in real and pretend if clubs don't bid that it means how they are not on the market. Sure, some players cannot be bought but people are taking it to a whole another level with their imagination. If you're interested in someone you go and TALK with the agent/player/club. It's not a freaking list that you print on transfermarkt website and check who's possible to buy.

It's a different logic for: we bought Costa, Berna and De Sciglio. Those were the best options on the market. We didn't buy better players because it was not possible as clubs didn't want to talk & they rejected all the money we threw at them.

I think the truth lies in the fact that we're not an attractive club to lure better players, both as a club and the league overall, nor we have enough money to bid for the best players.
I think the whole "we have no money" is bullshit. I jusy think that the club is affraid to perform a risky move just once by going minus in the books like many oyher teams do it. I think that we are completely able to buy one star player, worth 75 mil+ each season but we just dont want to because Agnelli manages this club too much like a classic business company.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I think the whole "we have no money" is bullshit. I jusy think that the club is affraid to perform a risky move just once by going minus in the books like many oyher teams do it. I think that we are completely able to buy one star player, worth 75 mil+ each season but we just dont want to because Agnelli manages this club too much like a classic business company.
Then we're set for failure.

Other clubs like Real and even PSG will create a huge gap. So 70mln signings won't help us win the CL, but we'll need 500mln extra.

Even if we have the money or don't, it's te same thing, as we're NOT spending it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012

Obviously there is a status like transfer listed in real football. Some people dealing with transfers also call it available for transfer. You can hear it a lot in the interviews. A club and a player agree that they want to part ways and that's when the agents come in. They are looking for suitors.
I'm not denying that clubs try to lure players who are not seen as available for a transfer by their clubs but this is a situation in which you have to overpay. Sometimes massively. Recent events with Coutinho and Dembele to Barca can be prime examples.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Obviously there is a status like transfer listed in real football. Some people dealing with transfers also call it available for transfer. You can hear it a lot in the interviews. A club and a player agree that they want to part ways and that's when the agents come in. They are looking for suitors.
I'm not denying that clubs try to lure players who are not seen as available for a transfer by their clubs but this is a situation in which you have to overpay. Sometimes massively. Recent events with Coutinho and Dembele to Barca can be prime examples.
That's because they got the money from Neymar. Otherwise they wouldn't offer as much and such transfers are totally different from others. Like us buying Higuain from the Pogba money.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Juventus hard to improve. - Beppe via FI

General manager Giuseppe Marotta says the Juventus squad is “difficult to improve” and “we’ll do our analysis after September 1”.

The Bianconeri have lost Leonardo Bonucci and Dani Alves this summer, with Federico Bernardeschi, Mattia De Sciglio and Douglas Costa among those coming in.

“It’s a stressful market, in general,” Marotta told JTV.

“As has emerged from several parties, there’s a desire to shorten this ordeal.

“What do we need? There are still 15 days to go, anything could happen. We’re calm and conscious of having a competitive squad for the competitions we’ll be participating in.

“We’ll see what happens over these next 15 days but there’ll be nothing fanciful.

“The most certain position? In goal, we’re very happy with who we have between the posts.

“As for the rest, shortening the transfer window would help, saying who will arrive is risky but it’s part of the game. We’ll do our analysis after September 1.

“There are also agents working on the market now, and players who want to change teams the first time they’re left out.

“It’s fair that it be shortened, but we also have to understand that this group, Juventus, is difficult to improve. We start the season without the icing on the cake [the Champions League] but having won the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia.

“It’s a very strong group.

“Is our cycle at an end? [People said] it ended after [Antonio] Conte’s departure, but over these six years we’ve proved that we have a winning model.

“We don’t buy the players the fanbase wants us to buy, our organisation is very valid and we go forward with that.

“The goal could be to close the transfer window when one of the important leagues begins. A lot of players don’t show up for training, there’s intolerance from those who don’t want to remain with their current clubs.

“Football is no longer about club symbols who spend 10 years in the same shirt, but we risk seeing spectacles which have nothing to do with football.

“Neymar? The release clause [€222m] seemed disproportionate to me, but if it had been €300m or €350m Paris Saint-Germain would have paid it.

“It’s part of the game, this is a market where the figures are huge even for medium quality players, because even we don’t know how a player is valued until someone is interested in him.”

Marotta also singled out Rodrigo Bentancur for praise, after the midfielder signed from Boca Juniors.

“He’s being underestimated because he’s young and doesn’t have a great CV, but he’s proving to be a talent and this season he can find the space to give himself a big profile.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)