Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I found the information on Vidal in the annual report.
Price: 37m
Price present value: 36.217m
Net book value: 4.349m
Solidarity crap: 0.882m
Net positive effect : 31m.

Also, Pogba's book value was 4.3m at the beginning of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Since I don't see any taxes being mentioned here, and the solidarity fee should be around 2.5% in this case, it appears we paid Raiola ~25m out of the 105 we received.
I read that we are going to be paid in 3 installments, so the net present value of the deal will be less than 105, probably around 100m. Take out 2.65m solidarity fee and around 3 to 3.2m residual book value, it looks like we paid Raiola around 20m.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Or perhaps we looked at the teams who have been winning the CL for the last 4 years... Bayern-Madrid-Barca-Madrid... and we saw that modern football is trending more and more towards attacking... none of these teams had or have the best midfields out there... they had/have solid midfields, with brilliant attacks and wide play.

So we upgraded our wings and our attack over the last two summers.
:tup:

I was going to mention something in an earlier post, and it's something that would probably be attacked by the tactics gurus on here (HI! @Zacheryah)...we've had one of, if not, the best midfields in the world for 3-4 years, and we didn't win anything in Europe. And the year we actually made the final of the CL, was off the back of Tevez/Morata's exploits upfront, and our defence/Gigi putting in masterful displays game in-game out. Our midfielders were mostly inconsistent in the 14/15 in Europe; Pogba missed most of the KO stages, Vidal never really hit his straps most of that year in general after his injury, and Pirlo had visibly slowed down and also suffered an injury against Dortmund and was at times a liabilty. Marchisio had a great campaign that year filling in for Pirlo as a regista.

Maybe, bolstering our attack is perhaps the better way, at least short term, to try and win finally win this elusive CL? Who knows. But anyway, even after selling Pogba, Morata and Cuadrado's loan expiring, I think we have a stronger team than last season, and as I said after the West Ham game, the technical level of the team has risen quite highly IMO.

So fukin true this 2 posts.

And is something i would have been trying to say all this time.

We had a superb midfield before... but our teamplay/offensive was average in comparison with the top tier teams that we faced and got fuked by. Even our stellar MVP was not able to cope with it....then why continue relying on the same?. It was clear as day that we lost because we relied on turtling more than anything but when we had to go for the yugular, we lacked.

Now, it seems marotta and Allegri want to create a team that is able to dynamically defend, but that also can go on the ofensive quickly and with lethal players upfront this time. Now all our forwards are capable of winning a game with consistency...we dont rely solely on tevez anymore, or on morata putting his right boots.

And yes...Im cautious to dont go overboard with this..as we know for experience that friendlies are worth jackshit...but this time im really seeing a flowing game in our midfield...and our attack is not even complete (Higuain in early preseason form).

If allegri finds the right combo...we can seriously cause some damage. We have like 4 or 5 attacking players who can decide games, and they are backed up by young, dynamic midfielders.

:agree:

Pjanic is easily Pogba's match technically and a far better passer. Our possession game and long-ball + through-ball passing is better with him than with Paul.

We've lost athleticism and ball-winning in the midfield, but gained hugely in technical ability and intelligence.

A Khedira-Marchisio-Pjanic trio is one of the smartest mids in football. A little light on muscle and ball-winning though....
Exactly. Ill be honest, even while Pogba could have his moment of indisputable magic...his overall offensive play and deicition making consistency was way off for a so called world class 120 mils player. He was very good recovering balls tho...but what he did after that was the issue. There were games where he was simply irresponsible with posession.

Ill reserve my judgeemnt on the athetism part. Why?, because im seeing great potential in lemina and in asamoah. And If khedira can stay fit, while recovering mandragora...we can expect something good.

We should buy one more defensive dude in case Khedira and Mandragora never recover

Been a wee while since I was here. How's it going chaps?

Paul's sale is no loss. I like him, but for that amount? So long pal.

Now let's build a UCL winning team!!!
omg. Long time no see you. A member from a prehistoric age.

- - - Updated - - -

Ill be honest, i would have been surprised if ManU paid it. Why?, because that comission fee deal was agreed by us together with Raiola. We fuked uourselves by letting him enforce that extremely stupid fee.

We didnt saw it coming about Pogba geting sooooo hyped so maybe we didnt make a fuss about it in the time...but it seems the fatso knew what he was doing.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Yep, the team is transitioning towards an all european game.

Solid midfielders (nothing that great), spectacular attack, amazing wbs/fullbacks - it is underrated how much better we get with 2 great offensive fullbacks. It absolutely widens the game, makes it easy for players to find space. And Pjaca is potentially a great winger, we could remain on that path next season getting another great one.

Defense is solid and Barzagli should be decaying soon, so I guess there will be no reason to keep 3 CBs when Barza really hits the hill downwards. Could be this season.

And this is the absolutely correct strategy. Since we couldn`t hold on to our amazing mid, the best is improving the team in ways that it no longer will be dependant on midfielders.

But right now it`s too many injuries and uncertainty in that department. And honestly, it lacks a bit of talent and also grinta.

If Marotta somehow snaches Isco + enforcer, it will be outstandingly beautiful.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
marotta has got to be the worst negotiator of sales ever, buying a overweight 28 year old for more than selling a world class talent of 23? and paying the agent's fee too? disgusting... that's like paying the person who raped your wife... Absolutely disgusted at how this club bends over so easily and fucks itself over with sales only to come out with the "our hands were tied" excuse. Sorry but that just doesn't cut it, clubs of smaller size like napoli, wolfsburg even fucking inter with icardi don't stand for this sort of shit.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Yes too little. Watch Pogbas value almost double in 3 years. Vidal price was rediculous no matter what his off field problems were. One of the best young mid fielders in the world should not of went for less than 50m that's a no brainier. We already regret losing Coman and we all no how hard it is for him to move lesser quality players it's been a nightmare at times.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yes too little. Watch Pogbas value almost double in 3 years. Vidal price was rediculous no matter what his off field problems were. One of the best young mid fielders in the world should not of went for less than 50m that's a no brainier. We already regret losing Coman and we all no how hard it is for him to move lesser quality players it's been a nightmare at times.
frankly quite embarrassing as I fail to see any of the mentioned targets except Witsel being realistic 'replacements'

Jul 26, 2007
marotta has got to be the worst negotiator of sales ever, buying a overweight 28 year old for more than selling a world class talent of 23? and paying the agent's fee too? disgusting... that's like paying the person who $#@!d your wife... Absolutely disgusted at how this club bends over so easily and $#@!s itself over with sales only to come out with the "our hands were tied" excuse. Sorry but that just doesn't cut it, clubs of smaller size like napoli, wolfsburg even $#@!ing inter with icardi don't stand for this sort of $#@!.
Its all about winning..lets see until after this season if this all payed off or not..CL trophy would justify everything and as of today winning that trophy is def not out of reach.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
marotta has got to be the worst negotiator of sales ever, buying a overweight 28 year old for more than selling a world class talent of 23? and paying the agent's fee too? disgusting... that's like paying the person who $#@!d your wife... Absolutely disgusted at how this club bends over so easily and $#@!s itself over with sales only to come out with the "our hands were tied" excuse. Sorry but that just doesn't cut it, clubs of smaller size like napoli, wolfsburg even $#@!ing inter with icardi don't stand for this sort of $#@!.
Just when I thought our guys were great/ perfect they come out with this shit. It's not new news that we can't sell but it just happens to occur on our biggest sale. There are no excuses but this is the first time in a long time we need an explanation. Fucking getting flashback of the secco days but this time being on sales.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Its all about winning..lets see until after this season if this all payed off or not..CL trophy would justify everything and as of today winning that trophy is def not out of reach.
winning is not the point here, but getting the club the best possible deal and looking financially stronger I swear we look like chievo when it comes to selling

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Just when I thought our guys were great/ perfect they come out with this shit. It's not new news that we can't sell but it just happens to occur on our biggest sale. There are no excuses but this is the first time in a long time we need an explanation. Fucking getting flashback of the secco days but this time being on sales.
The frustrating thing about it all is that our mercato starts out brilliantly and then it becomes an absolute joke by the end of it. Much like last summer, then selling Vidal only to bring in who? hernanes? who we can't even shift now! I wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat this summer Pogba gone for way under the value and bring in some money grabbing bench warming, washed up jerk from a mediocre club

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

Broke the world record. Just like Chievo.
1/5 of which went to the player/agent direct!

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
frankly quite embarrassing as I fail to see any of the mentioned targets except Witsel being realistic 'replacements'
The fact we basically traded a future world player of the year for a 28 years old Huguain + 10m makes me sick to my stomach and its might even be less if the agents fee is true. People keep saying its a record deal so what I don't care about records when he is clearly worth more in today's market.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I got the angry but if u make this point without cursing so much It would be a better one :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)