baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Well, I've been told I also make a lot of exaggerations from time to time. I guess the virus is spreading.
I am completely ok with somebody defending Beppe in a justified, logical manner, but to say we are still in the running for the title and won't win it by 20-30 points like every year, just absolutely has to take the cake. And mind you i would be overjoyed to be stuffed with all the insults possible for being a pessimist if that came to light. But to dismiss and ignore the reality of our present situation and not accept the core reasons behind it, is just the sad state of Juve/Beppe fans on this forum. I wonder what it will take for some to accept the mistakes we have made. Im guessing even if we got relegated, people will be like at least Beppe took Mandzukic, Buffon and Khedira and their 4.5m salaries off our books. Not to forget, even get Rugani more playing time in the process.:delpiero:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Without Conte we would never have gotten at the point where Allegri could take us to the CL final.
Pure guesssing. Maybe we would have already won one if Allegri had been brought here before. :boh:

In any case Conte took us as far as he could, therefore I respect his decision to leave, since he realized his limitations and that in hands of tactically more apt coach we can improve further.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Pure guesssing. Maybe we would have already won one already if Allegri had been brought here before. :boh:

In any case Conte took us as far as he could, therefore I respect his decision to leave, since he realized his limitations and that in hands of tactically more apt coach we can improve further.
He also realised the management's limitations on the mercato and he wasn't wrong about that either. And the irony here, is that the way the mercato has gone, its turned out to be more down Conte's alley as a man manager than it is down Allegri's, the tactically apt coach.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He also realised the management's limitations on the mercato and he wasn't wrong about that either.
He was apparently dead wrong, since players like Evra, Morata and to lesser extent Pereyra were protagonists in last year's campaign and we got to the final. According to Antonio (based on his numerous previous interviews) that would have been impossible feat.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He was apparently dead wrong, since players like Evra, Morata and to lesser extent Pereyra were protagonists in last year's campaign and we got to the final. According to Antonio (based on his numerous previous interviews) that would have been impossible feat.
Was Conte wrong to ask for the players he had in mind? Don't know if you remember, but it was around the time of Iturbe's arrival that things took a turn for the worse, when Sanchez was the intended target. Incidentally, both Evra and Morata were signed after Conte quit iirc, so to me at least, unlike Allegri, he spoke his mind, and probably refused to be a puppet in the management's hands and deal with their inept approach on the market, seeking opportunities rather than the targets he likely asked for. Imagine Conte as part of this mercato, do you really think Beppe would've made the moves he made? I have my doubts.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Was Conte wrong to ask for the players he had in mind? Don't know if you remember, but it was around the time of Iturbe's arrival that things took a turn for the worse, when Sanchez was the intended target. Incidentally, both Evra and Morata were signed after Conte quit iirc, so to me at least, unlike Allegri, he spoke his mind, and probably refused to be a puppet in the management's hands and deal with their inept approach on the market, seeking opportunities rather than the targets he likely asked for. Imagine Conte as part of this mercato, do you really think Beppe would've made the moves he made? I have my doubts.
It seemed he sensed trouble on the horizon and packed his bags before his menagerial limitations could get exposed. The team was in dire need of restructure. At the end of day he or any other coach can ask whatever they like (Max asked for TQ) but if the price isn't right we can't/won't cater to his demands. The fact that he didn't want Evra or Morata speak volumes, since these two had tremendous season.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It seemed he sensed trouble on the horizon and packed his bags before his menagerial limitations could get exposed. The team was in dire need of restructure. At the end of day he or any other coach can ask whatever they like (Max asked for TQ) but if the price isn't right we can't/won't cater to his demands. The fact that he didn't want Evra or Morata speak volumes, since these two had tremendous season.
If the team was in dire need of restructure, why was the management willing to spend close to 30m or exactly 30m on Iturbe alone....ITURBE?! A player Conte clearly didn't want, and neither did the club, because the deal was done and then dropped once Conte left. If the team was in need of restructure, why sign a 33 year old LB? In hindsight, great move, but it contradicts the very essence of a restructuring job. Because it was an opportunity before anything else. Sadly, Morata was an opportunity too...and that means like Evra, he may not be here next season if Madrid choose to buy him back or he opts out of a project that doesn't offer him CL. So Evra gone. Morata maybe gone. That much for restructure.

As for Allegri, while you acknowledge that that there is a likelihood he asked for an AM, but the price isn't right. If the price isn't right, you don't have to sell what you already have in that case. And if the price isn't right, then that means you can't afford an AM, the player wanted most by your manager, and if you can't afford the player wanted most by your manager, you don't go out and buy a 5th choice forward for 18m (or 11m), and a shiny new LB for 26m, that too exactly one year after you signed a 33 year old LB as part of your restructuring project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)