.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I disagree...I think all the hype might be good cover to get players like Can and maybe SMS or players like that. We never get hyped players so could let him work better
I hate to break your heart but SMS will command a huge payday and Juve can't afford his salary. Especially compared to the big boys

Apr 19, 2007
I hate to break your heart but SMS will command a huge payday and Juve can't afford his salary. Especially compared to the big boys
Thats fine im just saying there will be players that normally would get more attention but because of the world cup they will fly under the radar because some players will come out looking really good. Not saying we will make a huge splash but that we might get players that arent competing or arent a top dog or breakout star

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
IMHO that this quantity over quality policy needs to end, now, before it's gonna get to the point when it will be too late and too costly to even attempt fixing it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Please do your job this summer. Stop weakening our squad and looking for quick fixes/cheap opportunities. Invest in quality or young players with potential. No more room for complacency and resting on past laurels.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
This man is going to have to completely renovate the squad with all the rumored departures now, and with perhaps (I could be wrong, just looking at currently sporting results) the least amount of money we've had in the past few years. Is he up to it?

Both fullback positions, center of defense, complete midfield overhaul, someone going forward on the left if the Mandzukic rumors are true, and I guess a backup CF considering Mandzukic doubles as both. I don't think we have the finances to do it in one summer, and we certainly won't overspend. Looks like we may be in for a few disappointing seasons.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
This man is going to have to completely renovate the squad with all the rumored departures now, and with perhaps (I could be wrong, just looking at currently sporting results) the least amount of money we've had in the past few years. Is he up to it?

Both fullback positions, center of defense, complete midfield overhaul, someone going forward on the left if the Mandzukic rumors are true, and I guess a backup CF considering Mandzukic doubles as both. I don't think we have the finances to do it in one summer, and we certainly won't overspend. Looks like we may be in for a few disappointing seasons.
Exactly what I have been saying.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Hands tied guys. What's the man supposed to do?He's been living off past glory for too long. Time to step it up this summer. Wasted 90 million on Higuain, and the summer of 2017 was anything but memorable.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

we will have to generate income from somehwre...so we need to sell at least one of sandro, dybala or higuain.. which are the players wo can be sold for good money.

make your pick

Apr 19, 2007
Please do your job this summer. Stop weakening our squad and looking for quick fixes/cheap opportunities. Invest in quality or young players with potential. No more room for complacency and resting on past laurels.
So basically do what he did last year. Bring in talented young players.

- - - Updated - - -

we will have to generate income from somehwre...so we need to sell at least one of sandro, dybala or higuain.. which are the players wo can be sold for good money.

make your pick
Dybalas value to the team vs the price we could get is the best deal IMO. Might also be our best player but easiest to replace.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So basically do what he did last year. Bring in talented young players.
Howedes, Matuidi, and Douglas Costa are indeed talented young players :baus:

Bentancur was already ours from the Tevez deal the summer before, and I don't consider De Sciglio talented.

I'll give you Berna tho.

One depth signing for an ageing defense, an ok/decent signing for a mediocre midfield, and depth for attack. Yes, that was one stellar mercato indeed.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003

make your pick
There are more...pjanic for example. Ideally we keep all and sell mandzukic khedira types to leagues who can offer decent coin.

I think an english club would pay overs for higuain. Glady swap morata for higuain lol. But im a little biased.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
There are more...pjanic for example. Ideally we keep all and sell mandzukic khedira types to leagues who can offer decent coin.

I think an english club would pay overs for higuain. Glady swap morata for higuain lol. But im a little biased.
I do not mentioned Pjanic because selling him is very bad to our midfield. There is less damage selling the 3 i mentioned. Pjanic is fine. We definitely lose selling Pjanic. which is maybe our only really good midfielder.

Dybala, Giguain and Sandro are good too, but we have a formation issue that involves dybala and Higuain.. and that needs to be solved urgently. Sandro because he seems faded here...doesnt want to play for us anymore

Negan

Apr 11, 2018
I do not mentioned Pjanic because selling him is very bad to our midfield. There is less damage selling the 3 i mentioned. Pjanic is fine. We definitely lose selling Pjanic. which is maybe our only really good midfielder.

Dybala, Giguain and Sandro are good too, but we have a formation issue that involves dybala and Higuain.. and that needs to be solved urgently. Sandro because he seems faded here...doesnt want to play for us anymore
I think this is the best idea to rejuvenate the squad

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting article I came across, this season really has been a very strange one to say the least

https://www.juvefc.com/reality-bites/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 171)