Giovanni Cobolli Gigli (18 Viewers)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Juventus have no plans to dip into transfer market

Juventus will not be making any signings in the January transfer window, according to club president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli.

The Turin giants are second in the Serie A standings, level on 27 points with AC Milan, but see no reason to strengthen for a second-half push.

''We will not be making any moves,'' said Cobolli Gigli. ''What we will do is look around to see if there are free agents that could be useful to us for next season.

''Juve is a strong team as it is. We will be even stronger when we recover our injured players.''

The Bianconeri, who have already qualified for the Champions League knock-out phase, will welcome back goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon as well as forward David Trezeguet in the new year.

Both players have been sidelined for several months but are set to return to play after the winter break.

Juve go into Sunday´s game at Lecce looking to reduce the six-point deficit to Serie A leaders Inter Milan, who travel to Lazio on Saturday

ESPN

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
but it seems as when gigli says this, it means our transfer market is potentially going to be centered around freebees. yes there is no harm if they are good but we can't aquire that many good players for free

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
There are about half a dozen good players available for free every summer.

I have no issue with picking up a couple of them, even if they are squad players and it leaves us with more cash to make a bigger signing or two.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
There are about half a dozen good players available for free every summer.

I have no issue with picking up a couple of them, even if they are squad players and it leaves us with more cash to make a bigger signing or two.
yes. I have no qualms about getting a few bargins, but to return to the top we gotta flash some cash

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
And I'm sure when we can afford to, we will spend.

How wisely that money will be spent is another matter...

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Two decent scenarios for next summer:

Burn the whole budget on Ribery.
Get some decent freebies for other problem areas (Pasqual?)

Get Schweini and Ballack on a free.
Buy at least one top defender.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
ßüякε;1823148 said:
:lol2:

This is a huge joke.

You would have to pay 50ME for Ribery and Schweini isn't leaving.
50m will be nothing with the CL money and after we've offloaded some players.

It's not going to happen, but it would be a dream.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Iaquinta, Marchisio, Marchionni and other expendable players. Replaced by freebies.

Either way, Ribery would be my ideal replacement for Nedved but we won't get him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)