Giovanni Cobolli Gigli (23 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
The Bianconeri lost at home to Palermo and they have not been impressive in any of their last four games, having only picked up three points.

Talk of a major crisis at the club has dominated all the headlines in Italy but Gigli is confident in his coaches' ability and he is telling the crtics to shut up.

"Juventus believe in the team and the coach," Gigli told Tuttosport.

"It's difficult for us from a technical point of view but we did go to Rimini in Serie B two years ago and that was not fun for anyone.

"The whole team have demostrated their will to solve the problems, none more so than [Alessandro] Del Piero and thus we are hoping to be ready for the game against Napoli with great determination.

"It's not Ranieri's fault at all in any way whatsoever. We must not forget that Ranieri took us to the Champions League. :smoke:

"September was a hard month for us and it did not go in the direction we expected. However, there are no justifications. I am convinced that Ranieri and his staffwill be able to make this Juventus great once again."

Ranieri will need to ensure his team work hard during the international break as any more slip ups will see the chances of silverware arriving at Vinovo this season decrease.

goal.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
from Channel4 today-

Corriere dello Sport
Juve, two signings - The fans all agree that the summer market was wrong, in January an assault for Ivanovic and Stankovic (or Ledesma)Inter, mission Aguero - Moratti is already working on 2009's market and the Atletico Madrid talent is target No 1
Sensi: Anyone who doesn't support Spalletti is out
Chelsea for Lavezzi, Napoli: He stays here
I've been saying for 2 months that these transfers were shit....and now people finally realize that, once the season is in full swing

ajoz

Sep 22, 2008
Cobolli Gigli slams 'reckless' Inter
Friday 10 October, 2008
Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has criticised Inter for their lavish spending in the transfer market. “Unlike them, we have a project.”

The Bianconeri are struggling after a modest summer of spending, while Italian champions Inter are thriving following their big-money additions.

But Cobolli Gigli insists that he is building for the future and feels the Nerazzurri have a reckless approach to the transfer market.

“I sold Zlatan Ibrahimovic because he asked for wages of £4.5m per season to play in Serie B and this year he would've commanded £10m,” the Juve chief told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“We are not Inter because they have a wealthy patron, whereas we have a sound project.

“Should Massimo Moratti get fed up one day, it's the end of the road for them, but we will keep marching on.”

channel4

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
but you always say shit and negative things, so who would believe you...
It is nice to be the glass is half full kinda guy but that all it is nice....It is not realistic as we are not dealing in Utopia.

If you are 1 of the people that were satisfied with the transfer then you ought to look at yourself properly without the black and white blinkers on.

Why do people keep bringing up finances? Yes our situation is unique in that we were relegated to serieB and lost a lot of credibility but let me tell you something that stigma affected the whole of serieA and not just us.

You ask neutrals and it is not juventus that they lost interest in, it is seriea in general but other clubs manage to get good players for good fees.

We on the other hand waste money on players we do not need and then Gigli starts to talk about projects and like a complete buffoon he is publicly talking about other clubs like Inter.

Inter's transfer campaign was poor imo as that would not bring their dream of CL closer with the likes of Muntari, Mancini and Quaresma.

The mid table clubs in Italy seem to be buying well and that is why they have improved whilst Inter, Milan and especially Roma and us have just gone out to buy garbage.

Genoa lost Boriello and went out and got Diego Milito; Lazio went out and got Mauro Zarate.

Wigan for crying out loud have 3 excellent players in their squad for little money in palacios, Valencia and man of the moment Zaki.

We on the other hand would not be satisfied unless we have 50 midfielders in our squad and then you read your manager stating that he was perplexed as to how slow Xavi Alonso so what does he do; he goes out to buy the Scandinavian version of Usain Bolt in Poulsen.

But Gigli has a project in mind so let us just fold our arms and see. I am bemused by Newcastle and Spurs but the way this board is going, we won't be far off

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Friday 10 October, 2008
Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has criticised Inter for their lavish spending in the transfer market. “Unlike them, we have a project.”

The Bianconeri are struggling after a modest summer of spending, while Italian champions Inter are thriving following their big-money additions.

But Cobolli Gigli insists that he is building for the future and feels the Nerazzurri have a reckless approach to the transfer market.

“I sold Zlatan Ibrahimovic because he asked for wages of £4.5m per season to play in Serie B and this year he would've commanded £10m,” the Juve chief told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“We are not Inter because they have a wealthy patron, whereas we have a sound project.

“Should Massimo Moratti get fed up one day, it's the end of the road for them, but we will keep marching on.”

channel4

Pointless thing to say.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Friday 10 October, 2008

channel4
Oh my God, Gigli put your project deep up in your butthole and stop saying unnecessary things to the media.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
what an idiot. He's just saying this to make some fans happy because he's blasting :inter. Big deal! Blast them when you're on top, not 11th dummy!

Can't wait till his contract ends and Bettega replaces him hopefully. :xfinger: I'm afraid the morons we have as owners extend his contract though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)