Giovanni Cobolli Gigli (27 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Huge names like Pa-lo-mbo or even the very long name Ca-mpa-gna-ro !!

Thats really impressive!! If we cant have expensive or quality players, we should at least sign some Big Name Players!!

Deco, Grosso, Diego and the likes are too short names for us, probably even VDV isnt considered a big name, because they considered it a small name with 3 parts!
Secco has the order to look for players with big names, 3 syllables at least!
That would explain some illogical moves he have done so far :xmas:

PS: Rumors have it that, who ever calls Juventus, "Juve", will be fined by Gigli
and the money will be used to transfer/attract those big name players.
If we want to turn our club to a biggger one, we should start by its name, Juventus > Juve!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventino_NJ

Sep 16, 2006
Cobolli Gigli: Inter Deserve Scudetto

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has praised Inter for their triumph in this year's Scudetto race and he insists the Nerazzurri fully deserve it.

Inter left it very late to lift their third successive Scudetto, which they only just managed to win during the last 45 minutes of Serie A action on Sunday.

Gigli sent his compliments to Massimo Morati’s club, but he remains adamant that one of Inter’s previous two Scudetti belongs to Juventus.

“This one is a Scudetto that Inter fully deserve,” said Gigli.

“They fought for it until the very end and thus my compliments go to them.”

The chief also revealed that the relationship between the two clubs is a rosy one despite the reciprocal war of words between both associations which has raged on ever since the Calciopoli scandal.

“The relationship between us and them is excellent but I will always say that we have won 29 Scudetti,” said the chief.

“Ranieri and his staff are doing a great job and we will be strengthening the squad with some new players.”

The Bianconeri’s 2005/06 Scudetto was awarded to Inter following Juventus’ part in the Calciopoli match fixing scandal but many fans remain adamant that this should never of happened.

Salvatore Landolina

Goal.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Cobolli Praises Juve's Italian Soul

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli expressed his pride that no less than four of his players were called up by Roberto Donadoni for Italy's Euro 2008 squad.

At the last World Cup they were five, at Euro 2008 they will be four: we're talking about the number of Juventus players who have been called up to the Italian national team, which as usual is a pretty substantial amount. It's not the same as in the 1980's, when almost every Azzurro was also a Bianconero, but Juve are still (along with Roma) the primary contributors to the four-time World Champions.

This was obviously a proud moment for Juve president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, who expressed his satisfaction to the club's official TV channel: "A tradition repeats itself: Juventus have always given many players to the Italian national team and we know very well how many Juventini have contributed to World Cup victories.

"The fact that four of our players will be part of Italy's Euro 2008 squad is a reason of great satisfaction and it confirms our philosophy: we want to be competitive on an international level but maintain a consistent number of Italian players in the squad," he concluded.

goal.com

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
I read on The Economist that gigli has a MBA degree in Havard. This guy is awesome. Oh John Elkan is great too, he's just too good at his age.

Juventino_NJ

Sep 16, 2006
Juve chief eyes European Cup

Friday 23 May, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has spoken of his desire to beat Inter in the Champions League Final.

The Bianconeri returned to Europe's premier club competition at the first attempt after their promotion from the Second Division, finishing third in Serie A.

“Beating Inter in the final of the Champions League would be a sweet result,” the 63-year-old goaded.

The former director of publishing giant Arnoldo Mondadori was in provocative mood and expressed his satisfaction at Juventus' season.

“We have gone beyond our wildest expectations this year. There are many things that have pleased me.

“The qualification for the Champions League and our victories in prestigious games particularly stand out. I think, above all, the matches against Inter and Milan.”

Cobolli Gigli, who became President in June 2006 at the height of the Calciopoli scandal, was in no doubt as to which was the best result of the campaign.

“The comeback against the Rossoneri pleased me most,” he insisted.

Juventus were 2-1 down to Milan in April, but rallied to win 3-2 thanks to a brace from Hasan Salihamidzic.

On tour with the Bianconeri in China, Cobolli Gigli was keen to share his thoughts on Juventus' prospects next season.

“It will be tough in the preliminary stages of the Champions League, because some of our opponents - who are weaker than us - will benefit from Euro 2008.

“Their players will, perhaps, carry form from that tournament into games against us.

“Once we get through the preliminaries, we will be ready to face the greats of European football.

Speaking on the Juventus Channel, Cobolli Gigli also gave fans an idea of where the Bianconeri's priorities will lie next year.

“I would like it if we reached the final stages of the Champions League. If I had to choose between the Scudetto and the European Cup, I would take the latter.

“Why? Because we would like to add another one to our extraordinary trophy cabinet.”

Damn Right :flag3:

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
yes, but not with the team we have now. Imagine how much we would get wasted by the English clubs, unless gigli is planning to spend and get some top WC players, then him thinking we could win the CL just shows what a foolish old man he is.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
yes, but not with the team we have now. Imagine how much we would get wasted by the English clubs, unless gigli is planning to spend and get some top WC players, then him thinking we could win the CL just shows what a foolish old man he is.
we wont start next season with the same team, there has to be changes and i think we will be very strong next year.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
Juve chief eyes European Cup

Friday 23 May, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has spoken of his desire to beat Inter in the Champions League Final.

The Bianconeri returned to Europe's premier club competition at the first attempt after their promotion from the Second Division, finishing third in Serie A.

“Beating Inter in the final of the Champions League would be a sweet result,” the 63-year-old goaded.

The former director of publishing giant Arnoldo Mondadori was in provocative mood and expressed his satisfaction at Juventus' season.

“We have gone beyond our wildest expectations this year. There are many things that have pleased me.

“The qualification for the Champions League and our victories in prestigious games particularly stand out. I think, above all, the matches against Inter and Milan.”

Cobolli Gigli, who became President in June 2006 at the height of the Calciopoli scandal, was in no doubt as to which was the best result of the campaign.

“The comeback against the Rossoneri pleased me most,” he insisted.

Juventus were 2-1 down to Milan in April, but rallied to win 3-2 thanks to a brace from Hasan Salihamidzic.

On tour with the Bianconeri in China, Cobolli Gigli was keen to share his thoughts on Juventus' prospects next season.

“It will be tough in the preliminary stages of the Champions League, because some of our opponents - who are weaker than us - will benefit from Euro 2008.

“Their players will, perhaps, carry form from that tournament into games against us.

“Once we get through the preliminaries, we will be ready to face the greats of European football.

Speaking on the Juventus Channel, Cobolli Gigli also gave fans an idea of where the Bianconeri's priorities will lie next year.

“I would like it if we reached the final stages of the Champions League. If I had to choose between the Scudetto and the European Cup, I would take the latter.

“Why? Because we would like to add another one to our extraordinary trophy cabinet.”

Damn Right :flag3:
It is impossible what he is talking about, no matter how many and of what quality transfers we will make this summer...

...Inter will never qualify to the CL final :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)