Giovanni Cobolli Gigli (30 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juve demand third star on shirts

A legal loophole means Juventus’ next Scudetto could still earn them a third 'star’ on the jersey, as the club can count it as their 30th.

The Bianconeri were stripped of two titles in the Calciopoli scandal, the 2004-05 and 2005-06 campaigns, after former director general Luciano Moggi was found guilty of attempting to influence referees.

The 2005 edition was left unassigned, but the 2006 title went to Inter, who had finished in third place, as runners-up Milan were also penalised in the Calciopoli trial.

Clubs in Italy place a permanent star on their jersey for every 10 Serie A titles won and at the moment Juventus have two.

Although their next Scudetto will legally be counted as the 28th, the club intends to mark the 'lost’ seasons by putting on a third star.

Juventus have won 29 Scudetti and soon the third star will arrive,” President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli was quoted as saying in Tuttosport.

The real news is that legally there is nothing to prevent the Bianconeri from doing this.

A club can put however many stars it wants on its shirt. There are no rules defining the question and the Lega Calcio does not have it under its jurisdiction,” explained undersecretary for the Lega Calcio, Fabio Santoro.

“Let’s just say this is an ethical question. If Juventus wanted to put the third star when they won another Scudetto, it would be their choice and certainly not a violation of the rules.

The only thing we would point out is that for the official Lega Calcio history books the Bianconeri have 27 Scudetti right now and not 29.

channel 4

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Gigli Pleased With Champions League Qualification

Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli was pleased after seeing the club clinch qualification into next season’s Champions League.

The Bianconeri thumped Lazio 5-2 at the Stadio Olimpico yesterday to ensure a return to the competition following a two-year absence.

"Finally we are in the Champions League, for us this is a great satisfaction,” said Gigli.

Juventus are also now guaranteed third place, but Gigli is still remaining hopeful of catching Roma in second.

“Roma? Well, second place is always there, so we have not lost hope yet," he said of the five point difference between the teams with three games to go.

Finally Gigli explained his plans for the future, which included triumphing in the Champions League.

"The future? Of course we think we are a club projected in the future,” he explained.

“We are building a great team. The commitment is already addressed to train hard so that we can win even in Europe.”

This weekend Juventus will look to make it five wins on the bounce when they travel to Tuscany to play Siena.

goal.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Cobolli Gigli Hails Wonderful Season

Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli was disappointed with yesterday’s 1-0 defeat at Siena, but he says it has nevertheless been a wonderful season for the club.

The Old Lady have been in magnificent form of late, but yesterday afternoon they were well below par, as they crashed to a 1-0 defeat at Siena.

The result made little difference to Juve’s final position in the table, as with two games remaining, nothing can alter the fact that they will be finishing in third.

“I was expecting more today,” Gigli told Juventus Channel after the game.

“In any case even a draw would've been useless in terms of catching up with Roma.

“Credit is due to Siena for winning and now let's try to finish off well the last two games against Catania and Sampdoria. I'm expecting the team to pick themselves up immediately.

“We've had a wonderful season; third place was probably the most we could achieve. We've seen a lot of great things this year, not so much today.”

Many people expected Juve to struggle this year in their first term back in the top-flight following Calciopoli, however they have comfortably booked their place in next season’s Champions League.

goal.com

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Cobolli Gigli: 'A strengthening in every department. Hamsik? Difficult '

"We have a clear programme of reinforcement"

"An attacker , A midfielder and a reinforcement for the defence.

On Amauri there 'still no certainty, while Hamsik and' a very good player but it seems to me difficult. "

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=7&a=80240

I wonder does he mean the Defender is Melberg or a new signing?

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Cobolli Gigli: 'A strengthening in every department. Hamsik? Difficult '

"We have a clear programme of reinforcement"

"An attacker , A midfielder and a reinforcement for the defence.

On Amauri there 'still no certainty, while Hamsik and' a very good player but it seems to me difficult. "

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=7&a=80240

I wonder does he mean the Defender is Melberg or a new signing?
:agree: He means mellberg, secco confirmed few months back that we will not buy another defender for next season :faq1: , and we all know that our officials don't play tricks in the market like moggi :faq1: again.....

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Gigli Reveals Old Lady Transfer Targets

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has revealed the Old Lady’s summer transfer plans.

The Bianconeri will be playing Champions League football next season and, with that in mind, the club are expected to reinforce Claudio Ranieri’s squad as they look to compete and integrate themselves amongst Europe’s elite.

Cobolli Gigli is confident that his club will be able to turn their hands towards the transfer market and come away with some good results.

“I agree with the club’s programme of bringing in some reinforcements, but without mentioning names I can tell you that we need a striker, a defender and a midfielder,” Gigli told Calciomercato.

“As for Amauri, I have always said that nothing is for sure unless we have his signature. There is a good chance that he will arrive.

“Hamsik? I think it will be difficult, but he is a great player nevertheless.

“Nedved? He has to think about what he wants to do, but based on his performances this year, there’s a good chance that he will be here next season.

“There are also no doubts over Ranieri’s future but that is not in question whatsoever.

“Ronaldinho? No chance.”

The Old Lady have consolidated third place but they will be looking ahead to next season where they will mount a serious fight for Inter’s Serie A crown.

Salvatore Landolina

Why would he say this if we already signed Melberg?

I maybe reading to much into this but I hope we sign a WC Defender.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
a DF, MF and a FW eh? so let's analyse...Gigli is suggesting we will make another DF signing even after Melleberg so...

DF : Zapata, Barzagli, Meira?
MF : Xabi Alonso, Capel, Seydou Keita, Diego, van der Vaart?
FW : Amauri (seems like a done deal)

not too shabby if we include Marchisio, De Ceglie, Giovinco and Schwarzer

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Take Nocerino for an e.g., before the season starts , people wrote poems about him, labeled him the next Gattuso, and now look at him, in page #1 in his thread he's better than Gattuso, and in page #42 he's worse than Blasi !!
:rofl: That is funny as hell but also sad in the same time. It perfectly describes the obvious lack of opinion in this Forum. Too many people lack character.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Cobolli Gigli Ready To Sign Big Name Players

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has reassured fans that the Bianconeri will bring in some big name players during the summer transfer window.

The Bianconeri are already working hard to bring in Amauri from Palermo, but Gigli has revealed that the club will be looking to reinforce all areas of the team, as they try to assemble a strong enough squad who will challenge for both the Scudetto and Champions League.

Gigli is confident that his transfer market guru Alessio Secco as well as chief executive Jean Claude Blanc will bring in some quality players for next season.

“I can assure fans that Blanc and Secco will be working hard to create a Juve side which will be strengthened in all areas,” Gigli told Sky Sport Italia.

“We will certainly be making some purchases in the transfer market but there will also be the return of certain young players.”

The chief also revealed who he will be supporting during the Scudetto sprint between Inter and Roma on Sunday.

"Inter or Roma for the Scudetto? We all know who the Juve fans will be supporting but I remain a neutral because all I think about is Juventus," he added

Juventus have a number of up and coming stars scattered around Serie A on loan and co-ownership deals such as Sebastian Giovinco, Paolo De Ceglie and Domenico Criscito.

With the arrival of Amauri imminent, the Old Lady will be looking to strengthen their midfield and defensive departments.

According to reports in Italy, Juve are looking to bring in Xabi Alonso from Liverpool and Gianluca Zambrotta from Barcelona.

Both players have plenty of experience in the Champions League, with Zambrotta even having a great relationship with the club having played there for several years.

goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)