Giovanni Cobolli Gigli (22 Viewers)

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
lol sign som young italian players
We already have 3 of the best young italians Giovinco,Marchisio,De Ceglie
Maby we could start giving them a chance before we buy other young italians.
Sometimes Gigli say very stupig things

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
If we go into the C.L with our current defence my gosh are we gonna be in trouble. did you see both milans goals!!??!?!? see how easy the carved us open. C.L would be like that! we need at least 2 defenders a cm and amauri's coming????

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Signing young players? Focus on our defence instead.

The defence made Buffon work extremely hard. If not for him the floodgates will open. We need world class defenders rather than young players at the moment. If Gigli is going to rely on this defence, it will get us nowhere

Midfield wise, not as disasterous. But we need Giovinco and Marchisio back. That's for sure

As for De Ceglie, I still prefer him as a LW

mondo1

May 14, 2006
thats the problem aboutn winning against roma inter and milan... know they think we r strong enough to keep it up with these teams, and don't need new wc players....

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
thats the problem aboutn winning against roma inter and milan... know they think we r strong enough to keep it up with these teams, and don't need new wc players....
Their heads got too big eh? The problem still exists, just that they are too blind to notice it and Buffon making world class saves here and there, allowing him to win the Goalkeeper of the Year award

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has revealed that the club will not be spending mega millions in the summer.

The Old Lady have all but signed Palermo’s Amauri and that will probably be their only big signing if he does go to Turin according to the chief.

Gigli also had a few kind words for Tiago who has had trouble settling down.

“Juventus fans can count on us to reinforce the team for next season but we will not be signing any big players like Ronaldinho for example,” Gigli told Sky Sport Italia.

We will be hoping to sign some young Italian players.

“I think Tiago has plenty of great qualities and he has a good character but so far things have not gone too well for him.

“For now we are hoping to get into the Champions League.”

Juve have all but secured Champions League qualification following their amazing comeback to beat Milan 3-2 in the Stadio Olimpico on Saturday night.

The Bianconeri seven points behind second place Roma but Claudio Ranieri’s men have a game in hand.

Salvatore Landolina

That's the crap I was afraid of, if Amauri is a big signing, then how can you describe Ronaldinho's or Sheva's???????

Gio, Marchisio are ours, De Ceglie is partially ours, he was talking about SIGNING new young italians

I just hope he was bluffing, or drunk, even Inter which has the most powerful squad is looking for enforcements like Hleb , also Milan is signing 2 WC players even before the transfer window opens

We need proven talented WC players or we'll get fucked, Damn it we're supposed to fight for the title next season

Sorrowfully you're right, I hope we lose the last 2 games in the league to open the board's eyes (after CL qualification of course)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i dont mind us buying young italian players, i actually want us to as long as they dont conflict with our young italian players. but first we need at least 2 or 3 wc signings preferably a defender a mid .

David01

Aug 20, 2006
actually he didn't say anything wrong, so we won't be signing Ronaldinho or anyone with a price tag like that, not really a surprise
he wants to sign youngsters pref. Italians- that could include Marchisio, De Ceglie and Giocinco
that is probably the only way we can compete with the big guns at the moment
we simply don't have the financial means of Inter, Milan, Barcelona ,Chelsea...
I think the board saw what Arsenal has done with such a young squad and more or less wants to copy this with Italian players
at least they have a long-term vision

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If we really bring Amauri and only free and young players, then dont hope for anything in the future. It will be an on purpose effort to harm Juve's interests.
To destroy any kind of future chances and our chance to become strong again.
Inter, Milan, Roma and Fiorentina will greatly be enhanced for next season,
if these are our real plans, we wont make it to CL spots!!!

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
actually he didn't say anything wrong, so we won't be signing Ronaldinho or anyone with a price tag like that, not really a surprise
he wants to sign youngsters pref. Italians- that could include Marchisio, De Ceglie and Giocinco
that is probably the only way we can compete with the big guns at the moment
we simply don't have the financial means of Inter, Milan, Barcelona ,Chelsea...
I think the board saw what Arsenal has done with such a young squad and more or less wants to copy this with Italian players
at least they have a long-term vision
Maybe we're not as wealthy as Inter or Chelsea, but we're not a poor club either, we can spend some money for a decent Nedved's replacement or an experienced CB, and even if we were a poor club, we shouldnt waste our money on a deal we hardly need (Amauri)

And as far as I know we have the best young italian CB (Crisito), so does that mean that we wont sign a new CB??? since we're talking about signing italian youngsters

And bringing back Gio or Marchisio is not a signing, we already own them

Serie A is different than EPL, you can't find an English team with age average as Milan, and sure you cant make a team of youngsters and compete in Serie A, as they will most probably fail

Plus with all respect to Arsenal and it's beautiful football, but what did Arsenal do since Wenger depended on unknown youngsters only, when they won the league and reached CL final they had Henry, Pires, Ljungberg,G Silva....etc

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
The only Italian youngster we need is Aquilani
I disagree, we have Marchisio would can grow into that role over 1-2 years, We just badly need some class defenders, I don't even think Diego is nessacery when we have giovinco, if he can run milan and roma ragged while at empoli imagine what he could do for us.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Maybe we're not as wealthy as Inter or Chelsea, but we're not a poor club either, we can spend some money for a decent Nedved's replacement or an experienced CB, and even if we were a poor club, we shouldnt waste our money on a deal we hardly need (Amauri)

And as far as I know we have the best young italian CB (Crisito), so does that mean that we wont sign a new CB??? since we're talking about signing italian youngsters

And bringing back Gio or Marchisio is not a signing, we already own them

Serie A is different than EPL, you can't find an English team with age average as Milan, and sure you cant make a team of youngsters and compete in Serie A, as they will most probably fail

Plus with all respect to Arsenal and it's beautiful football, but what did Arsenal do since Wenger depended on unknown youngsters only, when they won the league and reached CL final they had Henry, Pires, Ljungberg,G Silva....etc
:agree: agree on everything, financially we can't cope with inter and chelsea thats right, but we're not that poor. Clubs like atletico madrid and tottenham spent more than us in the last few years :melayyanandmessi:

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
I disagree, we have Marchisio would can grow into that role over 1-2 years, We just badly need some class defenders, I don't even think Diego is nessacery when we have giovinco, if he can run milan and roma ragged while at empoli imagine what he could do for us.
First of all, I'm not sure about Secco returning Marchisio back to Juve, plus Marchisio still has to grow and then maybe he'll be better than Aquilani, maybe not, while Aquilani has already grown up, played in CL, shown quality made Real madrid and Inter want him

Take Nocerino for an e.g., before the season starts , people wrote poems about him, labeled him the next Gattuso, and now look at him, in page #1 in his thread he's better than Gattuso, and in page #42 he's worse than Blasi !!

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
I think Gigli was very happy after the game with Milan and said everything what he had in his mind..
So I dont expect any big signings, and just getting back what is ours.
Their vision is to go next 2-3 years like this 2-3 spot and than to challenge for 1st spot and CL.
But we all know without major upgrade of players , we will not achieve much for sure..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)