Gilberto Silva (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
The Bianconeri have not given up hope of signing the Arsenal midfielder with 10 days to go before the end of the transfer market.

Following some disappointing pre-season results, Juventus are still trying to sign new players in order to bolster the squad and be ready for the new season ahead.

The Old Lady's directors are denying that the Bianconeri will go back on the transfer market, but according to English Sunday newspaper 'People', Juventus have launched another attack on Arsenal's Gilberto Silva.

The Bianconeri have reportedly offered 6 million Euros for the services of the strong Brazilian central midfielder, but the London based club is demanding 9 million Euros to let him go.

The distance is big, but still close enough to find a road in between before the 31st of August, the date when the transfer market will come to an end.

More developments are expected this week, as the Bianconeri will start their Serie A commitments this weekend against Livorno.

goal.com

Buy on AliExpress.com
Nov 28, 2006
can't see why do we need him...
We have cristiano zanetti and nocerino as DMF's and Tiago can also play sometimes as a DMF.
The same about our defence.
We have andrade-criscito and giorgio and grygera can also play as CB's.
If there is something we do need is a player playing as LMF/AMF/RMF
Like Diego etc.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
if ever we should have signed him before Tiago....but with only ten days to go lets hope Secco pulls a rabbit out of the hat and sign some1 nobody expected...

Jul 5, 2005
can't see why do we need him...
We have cristiano zanetti and nocerino as DMF's and Tiago can also play sometimes as a DMF.
The same about our defence.
We have andrade-criscito and giorgio and grygera can also play as CB's.
If there is something we do need is a player playing as LMF/AMF/RMF
Like Diego etc.
Maybe you don't that Claudio Ranieri likes to rotate the squad and change the formation all the time.:p

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Juventus offer £4M for Arsenal's Gilberto Silva
tribalfooball.com - August 20, 2007

Juventus have made a new offer for Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva.

The People says Juve have offered £4 million for the Brazil international, however Arsenal won't consider doing business for anything less than £6 million.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Gilberto: I won't quit Gunners

Gilberto Silva has no intention of quitting Arsenal, despite being overlooked for the club captaincy.

More StoriesReport: Arsenal 1-0 Man City
Premier League reports and stats
The 30-year-old midfielder, who led the side for much of last season in the absence of Thierry Henry, has yet to play this term after being given an extended break following Brazil's Copa America triumph.

Henry's departure to Barcelona this summer was expected to result in Gilberto replacing him as permanent skipper but manager Arsene Wenger instead opted to hand the armband to William Gallas.

Gilberto was upset at not being informed of Wenger's decision before it was made public but insists he plans to see out the remaining two years of his Gunners contract at the very minimum.

"Me and Arsene spoke face to face about it and sorted it out. It's important we have everything clear," Gilberto said.

"I have to respect that. I cannot change his feelings.

"I have to carry on and do my job like I always have and help the team.

"This is an important season for all of us at the club."

Asked about his contract, Gilberto added: "The important thing for me is to finish well the rest of my contract at Arsenal."

He also declared himself ready to make his first appearance of the season in Wednesday night's Champions League third qualifying round second leg against Sparta Prague, saying: "I'm all right."

Gilberto is one of the survivors of Arsenal's 2006 European Cup final runners up and would love nothing more than to cap a trophy-laden career with both club and country.

"It's everybody's ambition. It's the only trophy I don't have in my career," he said.

But he warned against complacency against Sparta, who must overturn a 2-0 first-leg deficit if they are to upset the odds at Emirates Stadium.

"We have done half the job. We need to finish this first step, to qualify for the Champions League," Gilberto said.

"The important thing is good preparation, even if it's short."

Gilberto could start alongside another player overlooked for the club captaincy, Cesc Fabregas, and backed the young Spaniard to develop into one of the best midfielders in the game.

"He can be one of the best players in his position. It's up to him," the Brazilian said.

"Year by year, he's stepped up his quality."

He backed Fabregas and the rest of Wenger's young Gunners to move the club forward following Henry's Barca switch and promised to lead by example.

"Of course it's (Henry's departure) a big miss for us," Gilberto said.

"He was the leader of the team. He was the big player. But in football, you have to accept some things.

"We're still at the club. We are responsible for the club."

eurosport

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Wht's your opinion about Gilberto Silva?Is he better than Emerson or Vieira?
My opinion is that Nocerino will be better than Gilberto.And about Vieira....I've no respect left for him. We are well covered at midfield with Almiron,Tiago,Zanetti and Nocerino. Despite you all seem to forget that a certain french international can play as a DM too:eyebrows:. Guess who it is. P.s : He is not loved like all the other Juve-players;).

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
My opinion is that Nocerino will be better than Gilberto.And about Vieira....I've no respect left for him. We are well covered at midfield with Almiron,Tiago,Zanetti and Nocerino. Despite you all seem to forget that a certain french international can play as a DM too:eyebrows:. Guess who it is. P.s : He is not loved like all the other Juve-players;).
Zebina?????????????Even worse Boum as a DMF...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)